Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else now here who's more interested in the games of the Spurs now thnx to Jol? And I don't mean you Wally. ;) They only lack something special perhaps, but for the rest the team is quite good. Especially upfront, with the best English striker at the moment Defoe.

·
Registered
59,191 Posts
Yeah, the team needs wingers. Was hoping de Ridder could help us out but maybe next year ;) but other than that Jol has really maximized the potential of the squad he has right now and when you look at player quality, Spurs really should at least be in the top 10.

and btw you , Kluivert and Prince :fero: should :fero: be interested in the Spurs since it's basically your sister club in England :pp

That saying Chelsea is Feyenoords sister club in England and I can't stand them :rolleyes: bunch of Millwall hardmen/ Man U prawn sandwich brigade wannabees :howler:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kluivert said:
I like them more now that Jol is in charge ;) I was pretty pissed when they lost 5-4 to Arsenal...

I couldn't give their line-up if someone asked me though...
I couldn't name them all either.

Robinson

"Frenchman" - King - Naybet - Edman

Mendes - Brown - Carrick - ?

Defoe - Kanoute

·
Registered
59,191 Posts
good good, I see I can recruit some new fans :devil: :D

Here's a starter to why we hate the Arsenal :mad:

The History behind why we hate Arsenal

First of all there is always going to be rivalry between clubs that are situated close together, but there are a few things that make ours a bit more than that. First, was the move of the Arse from Woolwich to Islington, which was basically stepping on the toes of Spurs who were already established in N. London. Shortly afterwards in 1919 was the infamous promotion/relegation incident.

At the end of 1914-15, Chelsea and Spurs had finished bottom of the First Division. Derby County and Preston North End had topped the Second Division. There was no league football between 1915 and 1919, due to the war. In 1919, it was decided to extend the number of clubs in the Football League from 40 to 44. The First Division had been extended on a previous occasion by cancelling the relegation of the bottom two clubs and promoting the top two in the Second Division. It was generally assumed (especially in N17!) that the same method could be used again, thus saving Spurs and Chelsea from the drop. However, this was not to be.

Derby and Preston were promoted as a matter of course. During the war years it had emerged that Liverpool and Manchester United had 'fixed' a match which had ensured neither were relegated but which left Chelsea in 21st place. Partly because of this revelation, Chelsea were not relegated. However, the Football League said there was no reason why Spurs should remain in the First Division.

This decision left one place vacant in the top flight, and Arsenal (who had finished around 6th in the second division in the last pre-war season) proposed that there should be an election to fill this remaining place. There were more deserving clubs worthy of promotion in the Second Division - namely Barnsley, Wolves and Birmingham who had all finished the 1914-15 season ahead of Arsenal. There was some bribery - allegedly - and Arsenal duly took the vacant position in the first division. As we all know, they have never been relegated since. Spurs, on the other hand, bounced back to win the second division at the first attempt with a record number of points.

This is not the end of the misfortunes we have suffered at the hands of the Gooners. Melvyn Bragg recently said in an interview in the Sunday Telegraph that it was his understanding that Arsenal had deliberately lost two games near the end of season 1927-28 to ensure that Spurs were relegated. No evidence was put forward to substantiate these allegations, however.

So the seeds of the bitter hatred were sown early in the century, and though most Spurs fans probably don't know much of this history, the legacy has been passed down to them.
more to come soon... :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Frenchman is Cameroonian Atouba I think. Or is it Pamarot? Correct me if I'm wrong Wally. Also, Robbie Keane is in the side as well. :)

·
Registered
59,191 Posts
Yep the Frenchman is Parmarot. Atouba is either a LB or LM and he's funny to watch :D can look a genius one day or a Jancker the next with his massive physique. YOung Swiss Ziegler is the other candidate for LM and yeah Keanos in the team as well. Jol tends to rotate our 3 strikers and it's working to good effect so far :)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Nice, has to work though, because Defoe, Keano and Kanouté are all class in my eyes.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seeing the game against Palace I thought that I had cheered to early for Jol, cause there the Spurs were lucky that they even managed to get a point. Only the great Wally already said it in the Spurs-forum, the Evertongame would be easier and it showed yesterday. Great display, even without Defoe in the starting line-up. :dazed:

·
Registered
59,191 Posts
chivu said:
Only the great Wally already said it in the Spurs-forum, :
:proud: :shades: :pp :D

yeah, our London derby record is terrible :embarass: while Everton had a bad record against us plus even superman wouldn't be able to keep that side that high all season :eek: too many average players like Weir and Bent in it. Awesome what Moyes has done with the team and luckily with the Rooney money he'll be able to strengthen his side.

Man U at Old Trafford up next. Can't see us getting anything there to be honest even though we've improved on the last few seasons:( Giggs in form and our record there is poor too. Then Chelsea after that at home and we'll probably lose to them 0-1 with them scoring some flukey goal as always :mad: At least we have Brighton in the FA cup in between :D should be an easy 4-1 win.

But that Marney kid who scored twice yesterday. Incredible, everyone including me was thinking we really needed a new right winger and he just picks this kid from the reserves whos only played like once for the first team in 2 years. Had it been another Spurs manager (or any Feyenoord manager to be honest), he'd never have had a look into. Pretty similar like what he did at RKC giving chances to players the big clubs had forgotten like Greene, Bouhlarouz and Boutahar. Look may he stay!

·
Registered
59,191 Posts

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Wally, it's not often i agree with you but you're right, you guys were fu(king robbed. Ah well, another reason for manure to buy van der Sar.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quite unbelievable. When I saw the shot at first I thought that Carrol would catch it easily, but I forgot that like Arsenal Man U doesn't buy real keepers anymore. Rather spend millions on strikers to rot away on their bench.

The ball was 2 feet over and the linesman also stood on the right side of the pitch, it';s not like Carrol blocked his view with his body. A simple camera on the line would have solved it all, but hell no..... Perhaps now it won't make such a difference in the end of the season, at least no United. They won't become champs anyhow, not even with this non-deserved point, but for Spurs... perhaps.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The last couple of games it hasn't been going smooth anymore with Jol. Zou hij geen over(ge)wicht meer hebben op de spelers? ;)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Hey guys, I want a unbias opinion on Ledley King, Tell me have you seen a more complete CB in the EPL?

He was solid yesterday, None of the goals were down to him.

·
Registered
59,191 Posts
No I haven't a more complete defender at WHL since Gary Mabutt. Absolutely worldclass. :D there is no defender in the EPL who can tie his shoelaces, Terry, Alcopops and :ass:-Sol included :shades:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Said by most unbiased Dutch poster here concerning the Spurs. ;) I haven;'t watched king that closely to give a good opinion about him, but still would rate the other guys higher. King has to show it on a higher level too. If Wally is lucky that will be Spurs, if not then it's in another team.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts