Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Its offical!!!!!!!!!!

The March Maddness has begun.... The best thing to occur in Liga Leumit is the MM and i for one cant wait :)
I offically declare that the upcoming round will be the begining of the march maddness since we have what? 8 or 9 rounds left?

In all cases, we see that 1st place is not negotiable (or is it) since Mac. Herzelia took a good 8 point lead with a potential of 16 points left. Though anything can and will happen :D

The Real meat is left in the 2nd place and the question of who will be taking that position. As of right now..... Hapoel Beer Sheva has a 6 point lead from Hapoel Kiriat Shmona, which is good, but with an easy 2 rounds, they can easily lose that helm.....

With that saying, the teams who IMO are elibile, in terms of making it into 2nd place or trying to, is:
- Hapoel Haifa (34 pts)
- Hakoach Ramat Gan (34 pts)
- Hapoel Jerusalem (33 pts)
- Hapoel Acco (32 pts)
- Ironi Rishon Le Zion (30 pts)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D next round on Friday-Saturday
Hap Beer Sheva vs Hap Raanana
Hac Ramat Gan vs Mac Hertzliya
Hap Kir Shmona vs Mac Beer Sheva
Hap Haifa vs Ir R.Hasharon
Hap Acco vs Hap Ashkelon
Ir Rishon Lezion vs Hap Jerusalem

Some very tough matches for any team right now :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Hertzeliya and Beer-Sheva are my picks for promotion as well.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Herzeliya will certainly make it, Beer Sheva could slip i wouldn´t mark them 100% for promotion even though they are favourites to stay in second place.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beer Sheva looks strong.
But they werent very strong all year long...so anything can happen really...

I just dont wanna put my hopes up.
This is the Israeli leauge and things flip-flop very easily...

I for one would like to see some soccer down in the negev :D
but on the same time....who doesnt mind having a derby in Haifa?
or who doesnt mind going on crazy rollercoasters and then watching a game in Superland Stadium in Rishon?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Upcoming round!!

Hap Raanana vs Hap Jerusalem
Should be a good game, overall.....Raanana can snap some points from a humble Hap. Herusalem team.
Hap Ashkelon vs Ir Rishon Lezion
Probably end up in a tie, since both arew going no where...
Ir R.Hasharon vs Hap Acco
Good chance for Acco to get a couple of points to stay up there...
Mac Beer Sheva vs Hap Haifa
Haifa will easily trounced Beer Sheva, possibly by a big margin too!!
Mac Hertzliya vs Hap Kir Shmona
Should be a good game, both teams are hungry to get promoted. Hertzelia has there foot in the door and Kir Shmona still wants to clinch 2nd spot, which is all possible! since whats keeping them from 2nd place is nothing more than 3 points.... and if Hapoel Beer Sheva loses to Ramat Gan (another good game!!!) than they we might see some wind of changes!
Hap Beer Sheva vs Hac Ramat Gan
This is the other big match in the round. Hakoach Ramat Gan has did some strides to stay up there. Not saying they will make it, but for sure they will try there chances. Hapoel Beer Sheva wont go without a win, especailyl at home, and i think a tie would make more sense, but an upset is always on the table. Afterall, who am i saying? This is liga leumit and this is Kappa's Offical March Maddness thread :D

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
From now on all matches will have something at steak, Intresting matches this round where Hapoel Beer Sheva hosts Hakoah Ramat Gan, this will decide the pretensions of Malimilian´s boys for promotion. A loss from Beer Sheva will put fire on top, even Hapoel Jerusalem who were already considered out will have a chance if they beat Raanana.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
berko said:
From now on all matches will have something at steak, Intresting matches this round where Hapoel Beer Sheva hosts Hakoah Ramat Gan, this will decide the pretensions of Malimilian´s boys for promotion. A loss from Beer Sheva will put fire on top, even Hapoel Jerusalem who were already considered out will have a chance if they beat Raanana.
Yea, the rounds are getting tighter and a loss or a win can mean alot for team....

this is what i like. Hopefully Uri will lead his club to promotion...they are a very good side...

Here are some scores:
Hap Raanana vs Hap Jerusalem 2 - 1
Ir R.Hasharon vs. Hap Acco 0 - 1

Not much to say about Raanana's win! They took the juice out of Jerusalem which still has a chance for promotion...They have 36 points. if had they won, they would have clinched a nice position for 2nd possibly...

Acco's win still puts the team in a good position to maintain a positive spot for promotion...by a long shot... Ironi ofcourse was an easy game. The team is doing really bad and a relegation material!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
So like the other years the promotion is wide open. Kiriat Shmona gained second place after beating leaders Maccabi Herzeliya and Beer Sheva slipped once again losing to Hakoah Ramat Gan. Hapoel Haifa could enter the fight if they manage to beat relegation strugglers Maccabi Beer Sheva at Vasermil.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
berko said:
So like the other years the promotion is wide open. Kiriat Shmona gained second place after beating leaders Maccabi Herzeliya and Beer Sheva slipped once again losing to Hakoah Ramat Gan. Hapoel Haifa could enter the fight if they manage to beat relegation strugglers Maccabi Beer Sheva at Vasermil.

This is crazy!!!!!
The season did it end yet..and yet....you already see Hapoel Beer Sheva...someone who made good strides in the past weeks to come back to the top struggle.

i think they will rebound.. They have a good try... I would like to see Beer Sheva back in the helm of top premier soccer in Israel. They can do it :)
YALLA BEER SHEVA!!!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Final scores for the round:

Hap Raanana vs Hap Jerusalem 2 - 1
Nothing to gain really..... for both teams...
Ir R.Hasharon vs Hap Acco 0 - 1
"o...oo..ooo ...oo...staying alive, staying alive" :) good theme for acco indeed!
Hap Ashkelon vs Ir Rishon Lezion 3 - 1
Im starting to think that Rishon Letzion will be knocked out of the race for 2nd. Everything is open...but i lost confidence in them!
Mac Hertzliya vs Hap Kir Shmona 1 - 2
BIG WIN!! BIG BIG BIG WIN! for Hapoel Kiryat Shmona! Not only did they beat the best team in Liga Leumit. They alos slid into Promotion spot.... this is an opprotunity for them. But i hope they do go on a high thinking that its the end of the season and then lose to beer sheva next week! Holy shit! Next week is the tug of all tugs for the season! Beer Sheva vs. Kiryat Shmona! This will determine second place to say the least...though a tie, could mean 4th place might get a shot to shine...that is..but its not gonna really happen in the next round, but the rounds after....if you get my drift...since both Hapoel Jerusalem and Hapoel Acco share 36 points...an easy 3 round win in the next 3 games would strenghten there position....if both b. sheva and k.shmona dont win...that is to say...
Hap Beer Sheva vs Hac Ramat Gan 0 - 2
Well.... Beer Sheva needs to pull up as always....

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Upcoming Round:

31-03-2006
Hap Haifa vs Mac Hertzliya
Very important game indeed. Both teams are 10 points different from one another. A win for Hapoel Haif would put them in a good position ahead of next week, which would make them in 41 points, and a jump from 5th place to atleast 3rd or so!! Herzelia has nothing to lose or gain from this match, but with the rounds coming to an end, 2nd place (whomever that would be) is closing the gap and the closest competitor has only 6 points different. 2 upset rounds can see a fight for not only 1st place, but 2nd as well!

Hap Jerusalem vs Hap Ashkelon
Hapoel Jerusalem dont really look like they are going to fight for a promotion spot. Nor is Hapoel Asheklon which is 10 points below Jerusalem. Not much to think about this game, but im thinking Ashkelon can do some damdage and keep Jerusalem at bay...

01-04-2006
Hap Kir Shmona vs Hap Beer Sheva
The match of the round if you ask me. Both Beer Sheva nad Kir Shmona are neck to neck right now with only 1 point difference. That 1 point is a crucial point that would put Kiriat Shmona 4 points ahead if won or Beer Sheva with 2 points ahead. Anything can happen, and this is a match too look forward too!

Ir Rishon Lezion vs Ir R.Hasharon
The Ironi Derby if you like to call it. Both Rishon and Ramat Hasharon look like this game would not do them anything good or anything better. So another pontless game as usually..... Rishon has 30 pts and R. Hasharon has 23...

Hac Ramat Gan vs Hap Raanana
Not as important as the Kiriat Shmona - Beer Sheva clash, but a very crucial game for Hakoach Ramat Gan. This is a very easy game for them. Currently Hapoel Raanana is just above the relegation zone and seem to be sinking..... Hakoach Ramat Gan can, would and should capitalize on Raaanana and try to capture crucial 3 points. Pending if Beer Sheva would tie, than Hakoach R.G might go up to 2nd place and be ahead of Kiriat Shmona by goal differences (rationally saying)....

OOOO MAN! This one is nuts :D

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hap Haifa 0 vs 0 Mac Hertzliya

Haifa managed to keep Hertzelia at bay. A fortunate match, cause they could have put a hold on the race for promotion and tried to get into 41 pts and in 3rd or so place..

Hap Jerusalem 2 vs 0 Hap Ashkelon
Easy win for Jerusalem. They still are managing in the leauge with no problems what-so-ever...they are tied with Hapoel Haifa with 39 pts and they can easily have a good chance as well.....

the next games will be on April 4th FYI

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok! back to the games :D

Hap Kir Shmona vs Hap Beer Sheva 0 - 1
Very tough game indeed!!!! Beer Sheva came out the winner clearly, but it really meant a do or die in some sense for 2nd places. Right now, Beer Sheva has around 44 points while K. Shmona has 42. I think that this game showed K. Shmona the door in one way or another.

Ir Rishon Lezion vs Ir R.Hasharon 0 - 2

Nothing intresting about this game at all. Just and easy toned game. Rishon has the upper hand. But Ramat Hasharon does not want to be relegated and currently are sitting just 26 points. If they manage a win, and if Hapoel Ashkelon loses next round, than they may get out of relegation and put Ashkelon which was suprising this season,in relegation for Liga Arzit!

Hac Ramat Gan vs Hap Raanana 2 - 2
Another wasteful game. This time at the hand of Raanana. PErsonally, Ramat Gan should have done something to improve there standing, but didnt quite make it out. And in short, tied Raanana. Currently they are 41 pts. A win would have made then 43, and in 3rd place possibly.... but they are still in the contention...

Hap Acco vs. Mac Beer Sheva 0 - 1
The israeli irony continues. Its the never give up and never try to get relegated mentality that we know and love. Mac Beer Sheva is only 23 pts, now but they are trying to get out of relegation. it seems that both relegation and promotion is a heated thing in Liga Leumit :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Hapoel Haifa won in Beer Sheva, Herzeliya lost to Acco, and we have 5 teams fighting for promotion. :eek:

·
Registered
145 Posts
hello all i am new here, i am a hapoel haifa fan and wish them the best. hapoel haifa r still strong in the race and if hapoel jerusalem win on monday then there will be 6 teams fighting for a promotion place. literally half the league will fight for promotion.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Raanan said:
Hapoel Haifa won in Beer Sheva, Herzeliya lost to Acco, and we have 5 teams fighting for promotion. :eek:
I told you!!!!!!!!
The march madness is heating up! :)

This is what i came to see...
not only the promotion is tight but also relegation is tight too!!!

;)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HapoelFanIsrael said:
hello all i am new here, i am a hapoel haifa fan and wish them the best. hapoel haifa r still strong in the race and if hapoel jerusalem win on monday then there will be 6 teams fighting for a promotion place. literally half the league will fight for promotion.

Hello my friend and welcome :)
Yes!! The teams are in a very tight situations,

to be honest, there are a good 5 teams fighting for promotion, but moreso, the 2nd spot is still open for anyone...

Im gonna dub it down to 5, but in real honesty...it should be 7 teams...

this is how i see it:
1) Mac. Herzelia - 49 pts
2) Hap Beer Sheva - 44 Pts
3) Hak Ramat Gan - 44 Pts
4) Hap Haifa - 42 Pts
5) Hap. Kir Shmona - 42 pts
----------------------------------
6) Hap Jerusalem - 39 Pts
7) Hap Acco - 39 Pts

Both Jerusalem and Acco still have a chance, but its a long shot. 10 points in what, 6 more rounds is still open for them.... as is for anyone...

the only thing i am surprised about is the gap for first still.
Anything can happen. I think Mac. Herzelia secured a PROMOTION, but im not suggesting they secured 1st...cause they had a lead and now look at them...only 6 measly point different from being 3rd!!!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
upcoming games:

08-04-2006
Hap Raanana vs Hap Ashkelon
10-04-2006
Ir R.Hasharon vs Hap Jerusalem
15-04-2006
Hap Ashkelon vs Ir R.Hasharon
Hap Jerusalem vs Mac Beer Sheva
Ir Rishon Lezion vs Mac Hertzliya
Hap Acco vs Hap Beer Sheva
Hap Haifa vs Hac Ramat Gan

I guess next round, Maccabi Herzelia can confirm there lead...
but the big games would be Hapoel Haifa vs. Hapoel Acco and Hapoel Haifa vs. Hakoach Ramat Gan..
make and break...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Both Jerusalem and Acco still have a chance, but its a long shot. 10 points in what, 6 more rounds is still open for them.... as is for anyone...
Not 10 points, if Hapoel Jerusalem beats Ramat ha Sharon tommorow they will be only two points from promotion and next round we have Haifa vs Hakoah that one of them will lose points, so anything is open. We will have an entertaining ending in Leumit ( like always). What surprises me is that Herzeliya is really on a bad sequence and a few weeks ago it seemed that were a sure bet in Ligat Ha Al next season.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts