Xtratime Community banner

Main striker next year?

• Alberto Gilardino (Parma)

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Luca Toni (Palermo)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Mark Viduka (Leeds)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Fernando Morientes (Real Madrid & Monaco on loan)

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Chrisrian Vieri (Inter)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Vincenzo Montella (already owned)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Marco Delvecchio (already owned)

• John Carew (Valencia & on loan at us)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Valeri Bojinov (Lecce)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Javier Chevanton (Lecce)

• Other... please state

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cassano and Totti in attack next year?

We have had many discussions and so here is a poll (similar to the on I created this time last year) I will set-up allowing you to choose who you want or who you think may be the striker next year.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a feeling we will get Toni and he will be our regular striker.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Morientes...Real Madrid will sell him off for knocking them out...:D Like Gaucci did with that Korean player Ahn Jung-Hwan...:howler:

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I would love Vincenzo to stay and start, hes one of my favourite players of all time and i am still certain that he can form a formidible partnership with Totti and Cassano, his injury proneness has been a major barrier this season. I also still think DV can do a job for us but thats probably just sentiment and respect talking. Realisticly its going to be Toni, who has 21 goals in Serie B this season. Rigano from Fio would also be an interesting prospect although theres no way hes good enough to walk into our side right now.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rigano is definitely interesting, one of them players I hadnt heard of until he entered Fio in serie C2 and since has prooven what a quality player he is, but without experience in serie A I wouldnt buy him. If Fio get to A next year, he will be a :star: IMO.

Montella really doesnt seem like he will ever regain fitness again for a long spell and its arisk to rely just on him, keeping him is possible as a 4th striker behind Totti, Cassano and one other but it is impossible to rely on him now. If we need the money I would sell him as some clubs feel he is a big player to buy and may spend money for him, especially EPL clubs.

As for Delvecchio, I am too greatful for what he has given this club down years. Now though he is not convincing and looks physically weak, I think it is definitely time to let him go.

Although if we entered next season with Totti, Cassano, Montella, Delvecchio and Corvia it isnt the worst scenario.

especially if Montella is fit and Delvecchio shows some pre-season form.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
of course we're talking about a striker to partner Cassano in a tridente, Totti would be the playmaker, not a player who could replace either Cassano or Totti in a 4-4-2 if needed.

in order:
1. Cavenaghi.
2. Morientes.
3. Toni.

Delvecchio has been ruined since his winger spell under Cap and Montella has been extremely injury prone and didn't do as well in the few games he played in the second half of the season as the ones in the first half of it. both are respected and appreciated icons but just like in life, nothing lasts forever in football.

and you have to discover and gamble on prospects sometimes by the way, cause proven players mean a higher price tag and a bid competition with other clubs who'd want them.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I said it before and I say it again.

Luís Fabiano is the man, hes a scoring machine. He will be considered one of the best strikers of the world really soon, and if we cant get him now, it'll bedifficult to get him ever again.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ofc we can, hes playing at Brasil, clubs here are always desperate for money. Kaká left for 8.5, I believe Luís Fabigol may leave for about 6

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
ibrahimovic...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Boomer said:
I think Im the man to partner Arianna. :D
I'm sure she likes 5th graders like yourself... :tongue: tell her all about your jokes...:howler:

I'm still waiting for your live comedy act...just like Eddy Murphy Raw...or are you more of a Richard Pryor...:pp

·
Registered
833 Posts
GaGa said:
I'm sure she likes 5th graders like yourself... :tongue: tell her all about your jokes...:howler:

I'm still waiting for your live comedy act...just like Eddy Murphy Raw...or are you more of a Richard Pryor...:pp
GaGa, is it just me or are u obsessed with me?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Boomer said:
nah I dont hear the voices stuff. But I sure do notice u stalking on the forum.
:howler:...Yeah I will be going through your bins soon...sending you mail...and spying on you...:howler:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts