Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume that most of you don't know him.

He's a Jazz Pianist. I have just finished watching over one of his performances, yet again. I always return to what i always say: Keith Jarrett is the most undescripable phenomenon in the Music History since Johann Sebastian Bach, IMHO.

My question to you does not concern to Jarrett at all though. Is saying on an artist (Contemporary, or any other) that he's equal to Bach, bizzare, weird, resenting or unbridled?

I think not. For me, as a pianist, Keith Jarrett has the unique ability to think with more then 10 minds, just like Bach could, and for the matter, just like Mozart and Beethoven could (Mozart was highly impressed by Beethovens' improvisational abilities).

I'm only talking about Improvisational abilities, since after trying to answer the difficult question of: "What is a genius?" i came up to this answer. It cannot be that anyone can be a genius. Bach was a genius. Mozart and Beethoven were geniuses. Jarrett IS a genius. But in reality, we practically call every talented artist "a genius".

For your judgement, 2 questions:

1) Is equiveling someone to Bach in unbrideld?
2) How would you define a genius?

Shy

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
1. No.

2. A genius is anyone who can implement into his work what he believes in from deep, deep inside. so YES, every talented artist IS a genius, it's just that some are more talented than others..;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts