1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Lambs delight after Merson coup Feb 23 2006

By Colin Stoner

Tamworth believe the Paul Merson factor can make the difference between relegation and survival after revealing the former Walsall player-manager has agreed to join.

The former England, Arsenal and Aston Villa favourite has been courted by several higher-profile clubs since he was axed as Saddlers manager but the 37-year-old will today sign a deal with the Nationwide Conference part-timers until the end of the season.

"It's a great signing for the club," said Lambs manager Mark Cooper. "Hopefully, having Paul will give us that little bit of extra quality and nous. It's great for the players here and maybe it will create a bit of fear in the teams playing us.

"We need to get him in tip-top shape but there aren't going to be any better players at this level than Paul Merson."

Though the Lambs are one of only four part-time teams in non-League's highest tier, it was Cooper's friendship and the proximity to Merson's Midlands home that gave Tamworth the edge to sign the 31-times capped England international.

he's going right down the Leagues, Merson must really love his football. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
467 Posts
HAHAHAHA I thought there were championship sides after him ala Dennis Wise? Is it his local club or something because it makes no sense.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apparently the manager is his mate, it may be close to where he lives i suppose, he probably just wants a game and something to do, i'd imagine Merse could lose £20k a week when he is sitting at home with nothing to do on the horses. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts