Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past few years there have been a number of youngsters who were predicted a great future but never really were able to take their chances. I figured if we did this together we might find out where some of these guys are playing:

Ferhat Dogruel: Wanted by all big Belgian clubs at the age of 17, but went to Schalke 04 instead. After that he went to a Turkish club and failed, so he returned to Belgian second division. I have no idea where he 's at now, but I guess it's second or third division.

Afana: came from Waregem and went to Feyenoord together with Swerts, Buffel and Snelders at the age of 15-16. I never heard about the guy anymore.

Feel free to add some more names...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Lebowski said:
In the past few years there have been a number of youngsters who were predicted a great future but never really were able to take their chances. I figured if we did this together we might find out where some of these guys are playing:

Ferhat Dogruel: Wanted by all big Belgian clubs at the age of 17, but went to Schalke 04 instead. After that he went to a Turkish club and failed, so he returned to Belgian second division. I have no idea where he 's at now, but I guess it's second or third division.

Afana: came from Waregem and went to Feyenoord together with Swerts, Buffel and Snelders at the age of 15-16. I never heard about the guy anymore.

Feel free to add some more names...
Cool idea :thumbsup:

Yasin Karaca: whatever happened to this guy?? I know he played in Turkey for a while, for Sebatikspor or sth like that, but after that??? I really liked this guy :depress:

Jan Verlinden: he went to play for NAC or sth, dunno where he is now, but it could be KV Mechelen?

Djamba-Shango: where is he now?

Gert Peelman: not that he was potential Red Devil material or something, but he's not even in Tweede Klasse anymore, if I'm not mistaken

Veldman Don't remember his first name... used to be a talent in RSCA, as far as I remember

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Yasin Karaca: Turk Telekomspor (Turkish 2th division)

Ferhat Dogruel: Patro Maasmechelen (4de klasse)

Sam 'Afana' De Meester: Maldegem (3de klasse)

Guy Veldeman: Zulte Waregem (apparantly) (1st klasse)

Jan Verlinden: KV Mechelen (2de klasse)

Gert Peelman: Dont know. But I do remember he was quite laughable when he was till at Antwerp. :D

Kevin Franck: Starter at fusion club FC Dender (Denderhoutem + Denderleeuw) leader in 3de klasse.

Serge Djamba-Shango: very important this season for Hamme (2de klasse) when they took the 2de periode-titel.

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
Kampfschwein said:
Gert Peelman: Dont know. But I do remember he was quite laughable when he was till at Antwerp. :D
He was in my school, was 2 years older and always kicked our ball away when we were playing football.

******** :D

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Pepinovic said:
He was in my school, was 2 years older and always kicked our ball away when we were playing football.

******** :D
Oh, then he was in my school too :D

Remember Kristof "Radijs" Arijs (now plays for Waasland I think)... man, that guy truly was an asshole

·
2,465 Posts
Remember Kristof "Radijs" Arijs (now plays for Waasland I think)... man, that guy truly was an asshole
:howler:

I got into a fight with him (after he'd kicked our ball away of course :cool: ) and we never spoke again in the next 5 years :D.

I remember he used to pick on the ugliest girl in his class, saying she was dumb, fat and ugly constantly untill she started crying. He was 18 at that time :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Kurt Van de Paar: Promising Anderlecht-product had an successful season at FC Twente. Got injured and afterwards he never recaptured his old form. Played for Trabzonspor, Patro Maasmechelen and is currently playing for Mol-Wezel in 4de klasse.

Chris De Witte: Also Anderlecht-product and ex-teammate from Van de Paar at FC Twente. Struggled with injuries. Had an unsuccesfull spell at FC Groningen before have trials at Antwerp. Didn't agree with the contract and signed at 1ste provinciale club KFC Schoten. Earlier this year his contract got terminated after he didn't get enough playing time.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Pepinovic said:
:howler:

I got into a fight with him (after he'd kicked our ball away of course :cool: ) and we never spoke again in the next 5 years :D.

I remember he used to pick on the ugliest girl in his class, saying she was dumb, fat and ugly constantly untill she started crying. He was 18 at that time :rolleyes: .
What a hero. :thumbsup: :D

·
2,465 Posts
By the way, Ezekiel, do you remember our school won the Belgian cup in 1996?

There were some promising Club youth players in that team, do you remember who? Thomas Troch was one of them if I'm right. There was also that blond guy who made his debut for Cercle when he was 17, but never broke through.. can't think of his name anymore.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Pepinovic said:
There was also that blond guy who made his debut for Cercle when he was 17, but never .
Vincent Euvrard? (wild guesse)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Pepinovic said:
By the way, Ezekiel, do you remember our school won the Belgian cup in 1996?

There were some promising Club youth players in that team, do you remember who? Thomas Troch was one of them if I'm right. There was also that blond guy who made his debut for Cercle when he was 17, but never broke through.. can't think of his name anymore.
? Was it the Dutch guy (Bas or somthing??) or you mean Stijn Willems?

·
2,465 Posts
Kampfschwein said:
Vincent Euvrard? (wild guesse)
No, I remember Euvrard did quite well at Cercle and should've stayed there a bit longer instead of moving to Genk.

Jan Masureel (Cercle) and Joachim Van Holm (Deinze) were in it as well.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Cool idea :thumbsup:

Yasin Karaca: whatever happened to this guy?? I know he played in Turkey for a while, for Sebatikspor or sth like that, but after that??? I really liked this guy :depress:

Jan Verlinden: he went to play for NAC or sth, dunno where he is now, but it could be KV Mechelen?

Djamba-Shango: where is he now?

Gert Peelman: not that he was potential Red Devil material or something, but he's not even in Tweede Klasse anymore, if I'm not mistaken

Veldman Don't remember his first name... used to be a talent in RSCA, as far as I remember
Djemba Shango :howler: :howler:
Yeah i remember him....just!

·
2,465 Posts
? Was it the Dutch guy (Bas or somthing??) or you mean Stijn Willems?
I forgot about Stijn Willems... He was awesome :thumbsup:

No, the guy was a left winger, made his debut in a cup match for Cercle and was good friends with a guy from school who killed himself (I think he was in your year).

·
2,465 Posts
MutOofd said:
You guys are talking 'bout "De Kardinaalsbeker" , right?
No idea..

It was a cup competition for all Belgian schools and the final was played the day of the real cup final inbetween Club and Cercle.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts