Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Galatasaray unveiled the logo for the team's centenary yesterday. The logo, featuring a lion in front of "100," was chosen from several dozen designs. Although the club organized a logo contest for the fans this summer, they finally preferred to call a professionnal to make the logo...

I don't like the colours : orange and this red are not our colours. And this animal seems not to be a lion, but a bear... :googly:

·
*the drum drum*
42,921 Posts
If that's what a professional designer came up with, I'd like to see what the fans designed! :howler:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Tolga said:
If that's what a professional designer came up with, I'd like to see what the fans designed! :howler:
:dielaugh:

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
That logo is horrible... Jaysus, what kind of a board do we have? That wasn't even amongst the logo's presented to us fans to choose from! WHat did we do to deserve this treatment from this baord?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I think the logo is fine. Well since you mentioned it galatasaray-fr it kind of does look bearish. They couldve gotten a better logo but I think this one does the job.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I dont understand why these designers cant be a little bit more creative. "La abii aklima manyak bi fikir geldi. Takimin maskotunu alalim arkasinada 100 yazak abii.. nasil ama??" Ok fine use the 100 and mascot but, make it look cool atleast.

Yea the GS logo is ok but they couldve done a much better job.. same thing for BJK's 100th aniv. logo. Although I think BJK's is a little better then Galatasarays.

vs

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
reminds me of the roma logo... and roma colours

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The logos made by our fans were there and many of them were 100 times better than this logo and the club could have used them for free : http://www.galatasaray.org.tr/anket/100yillogo.asp

For them there were 2 problems with these logos : first, on lots of them, there was the emblem of Galatasaray, whereas our club didn't want that (But why did they also not precise it in the contest ? how can they say it after the contest ??). Secondly, with some of these logos, it was hard to use them to put them on clothes with the colours and other things.

Personally, I don't think that these reasons are true. I knew since July that they won't use the logos of the contest, and the reason I heard was that the committee didn't like any logo.

Anyway, lots of these logos were better than this. And I don't see the reason why we couldn't use the emblem of the club on our centenary logo. On the centenary logos of Lazio, Barcelona, Marseille, Manchester..., there were also the emblems of these clubs.

The animal of our centenary logo is not a lion, it's a bear, with his big legs !

Look you just have to remove the mane and it's a bear !!!

On most of centenary logos, there is written the foundation date and the centenary date. It is great.

Lazio

Olympique de Marseille

Manchester United

AC Milan

FC Barcelona

Real Madrid

Arsenal

We didn't put these dates on our centenary logo, only a big 100. Maybe the one who made this logo wanted to copy... Besiktas. :roll:

The colours of this logo - orange & dark red - are not our colours but let's look like what this logo will look on clothes. Maybe we have a bad impression with the colours of the computer, I hope...

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
As someone who has designed logos and corporate branding professionaly; I can honestly say it is absolutely horrible! It reminds me of the pictures on T-Shirts you get in Rus pazars. Terrible, terrible.

The composition is poor, the lion itself looks like something out of a childrens computer game and the link just makes it look like what I said above.

They should have gone for a more sophisticated but contemporary look.

Rather disappointed.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Tolga said:
Dude the fans designs were much much better. Especailly the one that chosen by the fans.

Could a mod attach the picture of it here???

That's the trouble with this management, they don't give a damn about what the fans think but they love to throw money away by paying some so called professional designer to build a stupid logo.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
The logo made by a fan chosen by the fans

This was the logo voted as #1 by Galatasaray fans. It is much better than the one chosen I think, but then again who in the Galatasaray management has taste anyway :rollani:

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,396 Posts
much better....the black one is good i think:)

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Flying Hellfish said:
This was the logo voted as #1 by Galatasaray fans. It is much better than the one chosen I think, but then again who in the Galatasaray management has taste anyway :rollani:
They couldn't use it because it's a copy of the FA Premier League Logo.

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Oh my goodness, it's horrible. Whoever made it... screw him! Our board again f:star:cked up big time

1 - 20 of 42 Posts