Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the FIFA ruled that the #10 can't be given exclusively to Maradona, the Argentines had to give a player the legendary #10. To pay tribute to Diego, who can't attend the WC due to his drug-past, they gave the #10 to the best player in their squad... BONANO!!!!!

So if anyone ever asks you who was the legendary #10 for Argentina, you know the answer: Bonano :)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Well, both of them are great with using their hands during the matches...:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not the greatest

Maradona is only considered the greatest(by some) because of the **** referee in the match against England in '86. Had the ref seen the hand of god he would be sent off and Argentina would have lost as they were **** without him. theirr morale would have plummeted and Englands would have soared. also he wouldn;'t have been on the pitch to score the other goal. Also he's not the only player who you can compare to pele. Garrincha was as good as both of them.

Goikotxhia or what eva "the butcher of bilbao" is a dude.

Bonano isn't bad either

·
Registered
526 Posts
Super Puyol said:
Nah, to me Maradona has been the greatest football player of all time. I don't like him as a person, but I admit that.
I often hear this but I don't think you can say one particular player is the best of all time unless you happen to see them all. Perhaps you can say in my lifetime so and so player is the best player. For example I'm 30 years old so I haven't seen Pele play in his prime, or seen Di Stefano or Puskas play. There are so many players out there that I've only seen in highlight reels.

The players that I've seen live that impressed me have been Maradona, Cruyff, Platini, Bruno Conti, Zico, Socrates, and Romario.

EDIT: I must add that there are so many other players out there as well such as Van Basten and Baresi among others.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started to understand football from 1988 (EURO88, I was 6 years old back then). So for me the gods of football are Van Basten, Romario and Ronaldo.....

It seems the Argies changed their decision: Now Ortega gets #10 while Bonano gets #23.... :(

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
actually In my opinion retiring the #10 of Any NT is foolish. although the team management should decide that and not FIFA. The #10 shirt gives a charishma to the player wearing it. it symbolises their leader in attack (not necessarily). It invokes respect to him.

Anyway it has been decided that for this WC the #10 shirt of Argentina NT will be given to Ortega.

Bye

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Re: Not the greatest

Dazed'nconfused said:
Maradona is only considered the greatest(by some) because of the **** referee in the match against England in '86. Had the ref seen the hand of god he would be sent off and Argentina would have lost as they were **** without him. theirr morale would have plummeted and Englands would have soared. also he wouldn;'t have been on the pitch to score the other goal. Also he's not the only player who you can compare to pele. Garrincha was as good as both of them.

Goikotxhia or what eva "the butcher of bilbao" is a dude.

Bonano isn't bad either
Yeah, yeah... And Maradona during his lifetime didn´t exactlly score any other beautiful goal or make some of the nicest moves ever seen on a football pitch in your opinion? Give me a break! For me Maradona is the greatest player I´ve ever seen. But just like "SP" I don´t like him as a person, but you can´t question him as a footballer.

I haven´t seen players like Di Stefano, Pelé, Puskas, Kubala, Best etc. play. Or actually I have, but I don´t think some few video tapes are fair enough to make a judgement about them. So I only count in players I´ve seen under my lifetime. But for me players like Stoitchkov, Romário, Ronaldo, Maradona, Hagi, Van Basten, Matthäus are great ones. Even if I´m not that quiet found of all of them.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Pretty shaky decision by Argies. I mean, to give #10 to Bonano, and then to change their opinion and to give ti to Ortega. :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts