Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
honestly who cares..personaly i think he should retire..italian football needs a big turnaround and rather then our top clubs relying on a 40 year old legend how about ****ing creating a new one

italian youth is laughable...and its because italian clubs insist on playing italian dinosaurs...the last time we had a wonderboy..ALEX DEL PIERO..the year ? 1994

pathetic..i say..GET THE F OUT maldini..and why the hell is this thread on here..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I partially agree Pirri, but this has been the way for many years... that said it is true that the top clubs need some reliance on their young stars aswell from the youth team. Im not being funny, but a talent like Di Gennaro of Milan would have been kept and bougth through the Milan team slowly, rather than loaning him out, like he will be for the next 5 years.

That said we won a World Cup recently, but one can argue we won a World Cup with players who were tested at big clubs even at a young age (Totti, Nesta, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Buffon, Zambrotta) aswell as those who played their way into a bigger team.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
In all honesty, Maldini is hurting his legacy. He should've retired while in best shape so people can remember the best of him. Now.. he is almost beocme a joke.

I'll retire.. no wait.. I changed my mind.. Next summer maybe.. no no the one after it.

·
Registered
17,532 Posts
You just know that if he doesn't retire soon, one day some unscrupulous youngster is going to get the best of him, and it won't be pretty.

I think he could last another year, but he needs to hang his boots up after that at the latest.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well, he is still the best AC Milan defender this season. Why all the criticism? I agreed that he might be holding back the youngsters, but we are talking about a single player. How much can a single player hurt the entire pool? He is not talking the position off a player on the NT player.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
You just know that if he doesn't retire soon, one day some unscrupulous youngster is going to get the best of him, and it won't be pretty.

I think he could last another year, but he needs to hang his boots up after that at the latest.
Its long past due that he is made a fool out of.
The man is still a great player, one of our best defenders and by all means should keep playing if his level is the same.

We are yet to give him a bad season, no reason in stopping at all. Even if he sucks next year, shit, one was in the cards.

·
Registered
17,532 Posts
Its long past due that he is made a fool out of.
The man is still a great player, one of our best defenders and by all means should keep playing if his level is the same.

We are yet to give him a bad season, no reason in stopping at all. Even if he sucks next year, shit, one was in the cards.
Yeah, but why risk a crappy season? He's already been dogged by injuries the last couple of seasons.

I mean, he's 39 and he's had one of the most illustrious careers in the history of the game. What more does he want to achieve?

I agree with Giuliano, he should've retired after the CL win.

A

·
0 Posts
Why, I would be over the moon should he really stay another season. I think he played MOTM-like in our last CL-matches, etc... when rest of the team played like shit.

Sure, he could have retired last season, basked in all glory, but he is a fighter :)

It's easy to gloat,...

·
Registered
17,532 Posts
I think he was unlucky on this occasion, DP's resilience and persistence is what led to it.

He still has all the quality of his best years (that last ditch intervention on Camo was breathtaking), but he doesn't have the same level of alertness.

I still think he can go on, but he needs the right supporting cast. His weakness are obviously going to be exposed when he has the likes of Favalli and Simic playing.

A

·
0 Posts
Me too. I hope Milan sell Pato and Kakà (maybe to Sampdoria for 2 euros and paying their wages), instead keep Maldini, Favalli and Cafu till they have two legs.
only if you sell me your mind which made you write that sentence! :hopeful:

Sure, but I can't think currently of any other captain better suited than Maldini, that's also another reason why I'd like him to stay. I really hope to get Zambrotta this summer transfer though :undecide:

·
Registered
46,338 Posts
only if you sell me your mind which made you write that sentence! :hopeful:

Sure, but I can't think currently of any other captain better suited than Maldini, that's also another reason why I'd like him to stay. I really hope to get Zambrotta this summer transfer though :undecide:
Captain Kirk? Captain Harlock? Captain Future?
You make it sounds as if the leadership on the pitch meant more than the physical qualities. Replace Maldini with Marzoratti, who is at least young, and give the armband to anyone with some spirit of leadership.

PS the mind is very expensive! :finger:

A

·
0 Posts
Captain Kirk? Captain Harlock? Captain Future?
You make it sounds as if the leadership on the pitch meant more than the physical qualities. Replace Maldini with Marzoratti, who is at least young, and give the armband to anyone with some spirit of leadership.

PS the mind is very expensive! :finger:

why, it's not like he plays completely crap. he just isn't that fit anymore, considering his age, is no surprise. I'm not saying we should play him all the time... like i said last 2 CL matches he was one of the few ones who played for their life, imo.

PS: 2 star footballers > 2 humans > 2 minds > 1 mind > your mind. :stuckup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts