Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
totti's injury looks far worse then once thought...italy may have to call on the star of the early 90's baggio....hell this is good news:)...plus i dont think totti is that esantial..we have plenty of great attacking midfilders....del piero can play in that role also doni fiore(who is playing really well now) and of course we have the luxury to have a living legend in our team...a symbol in roberto baggio(plus i can see montella being nasty as a 2nd striker) pirlo should maybe be given a chance..he is on fire...and has so much flair its scary

·
Registered
11 Posts
Although I am a huge Roberto Baggio fan. I think this is bad news, Totti is probably are best talent, and his creativity here is essential. I wouldnt take thsi as "good news." If Delvecchio were injured, well than, it would be great news.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
pirri what the fukk is this?Totti a wannabe, if you are a true Italy fan you want Totti there, hes the key to this team and his injury is devastating news, fukk sake:groan:

·
Registered
46,363 Posts
I agree with Romafan.... Totti is indispensable. I prefer having Totti,Delpiero and Baggio all together in the 23 players leaving for Japan.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree with Romafan; this isn't good news at all. That being said, I'm glad that the azzurri have someone as capable as Baggio to replace Totti.

The only aspect that concerns me is Baggio's fitness; today was the first match in months that he has started from the first minute. He'll be a useful substitute, but I believe Del Piero may be the man to take Totti's position at the world cup. Imagine this attack combination:

______________________DP_____________________

_____________Vieri____________Montella__________

After 60 minutes, Baggio could be subbed in for Montella and Doni for Del Piero. What a bench!!!

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
What IS the deal with Totti. He is EXTREMELY important. There are 4 weeks until the tournament and it is a muscular injury. I hope he makes it.

We have to take Totti. Hopefully he will recover.

If we take Baggio then who goes? It cant be Del Piero or Doni. The other strikers have different characteristics which we need.

We already have 5 strikers plus Totti and Doni in Trap's squad. If we take Baggio, we would 8 offensive players. That means we would only have 12 players for defence and midfield.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
All that I want if Totti can't make it is PIRLO.......
He's our future........
I'm sure he'll be better than Totti in 2-3 years.
But I wish Totti is gonna recover soon.
But with Doni, Del Piero, Baggio, Pirlo & Fiore, we still have more than enough firepower.
I'm impressed w/ Fiore lately, frankly I never like this guy but in the last few weeks he played awesome!

But what I'm afraid of are Inter players....they'll be depressed in the WC. I hope they will get over it ASAP.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
With DP, DOni, Fiore and Baggio we have enough players who can take Totti's place. But the problem is that Trap has built the squad around Totti. So playing without Totti would ask a big adaptation, wich is not that great 25 days before the WC.

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
Bring em all and let em all create and let em all play. God bless you Totti - get well soon. Baggio, hey what can I say, you da man, Brother Blood. :cool:
VOLA BAGGIO & T0TTI, VOLA :cool:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Well maybe Marco-cant score a goal to save his life-delvecchio should be dropped

so what he is big....big ****ing deal, what is he gonna bully the oposition into giving him the ball

go all out attack italia...nest canna and maldini can take anything any team can dish out....

BAGGIO ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!

Totti well lets hope he odesnt spen the WC tumbling and picking daisy's on the floor

Lav

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
not sure why anyone would happy about totti, one of italy's best players, being out of the WC.

is this news concrete??? muscular strain wont keep him out, i mean becks will play and he broke his foot, keane came back after 2 weeks which should have seen him out for 4 with a bad hamstring pull!!

Totti is a key to our team as he is teh only player who plays in that hole.

Doni is good, but plays more on the left, fiore is good, and most likely will make the squad now.

i think that IF totti doesnt make it, Pirlo should also come in as he is playing great and its time he plays for teh azzuri.

just one thing though, totti didnt have a great season and his form the past 5 months hasnt been anything special.

the three most inform players are del piero, montella and vieri. i was asking myself if those three should be the ones starting for teh azzuri due to totti not playing as good as them. this was before totti got injured.

i would like to see this if totti is injured:
del piero
vieri montella

but if totti is there:
totti
vieri montella.

i dont think anyone cant deny that del piero, montella and vieri are all playing great. del piero and montella between them these past 4 weeks have scored at least 10 or so goals between, they are inform and they both should be starting now.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
pirri, you're hilarious!
A while ago you were telling me and a few others to stop whining for Baggio in the team. Then after Baggio put 2 in Fiorentina's net you call him amazing and want him in the team and Del Piero out. Now, 2 weeks later, after Del Piero has scored some goals you want him in and Totti(who you also call a wannabe now) out.
Also didn't you once call Pirlo too slow for the Nazionale?
:dielaugh:

This would normally seem strange to me but coming from a guy who changes his view on a player every 3 months(seems even less now) is just funny. :D
Totti missing the world cup would be bad news for me. Is it really possible?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I think Totti will be fine. All these "we-want-Baggio-in-the-Azzurri" calls are getting scary if fans are happy at Totti's injury thinking that that will give Baggio the possibility to join the team!:eek:

I want Baggio in the team but not at the expense of Totti.Francesco IS currently one of Italy's best player,we need him at the WC.

IMO Del Vechio should be left...it's just my personal opinion ;)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Pirri u r hilarious

As Ferrara said and it proved to be true as much as i would love to flatten his witch lookin nose its true

"Form is temporary, class is permanent"

Every player in form u want to call up, everyone who is out of form sucks and always sucked for you and then when they play well u want to stick your dik in their asses.

Just relax pirri, Pirlo has always been a class act he's just finally being played

Totti is effective and we know this whether or not he is as classy as Baggio

Baggio isn't going sadly but its time to move on

I am more concerned by the lack of central midfielders in teh squad than Baggio's absence to be honest. Where is Ambrosini that's much more important Fiore and Liverani

1 - 14 of 14 Posts