Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
34,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The last unfinished business for Ranieri to complete the cycle for this season, 2 down, 1 to go. :nasty:

Juventus - Lazio
TIM Cup 2008/2009
Turin, Olympic Stadium - April 22nd, h. 20.45

Can he make it 3 from 3? :proud: Can he?

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Well, as long as Juve score and not concede, there's a chance they can progress.

Judging from Juve-Inter motivation, I don't really have hope in seeing that much fighting spirit. On a positive note, however, Lazio have been unpredictable - and they can be exposed if Juve go all out in full force. They are weaker than Inter...but wait...so were Genoa and Chievo. :sigh:

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Well, as long as Juve score and not concede, there's a chance they can progress.
There's a chance?

We have been playing better in the Coppa than in league, so this might be surprisingly tricky for you. Still, you have the away goal so Juve is the crystal clear favourite to make the final.

·
Registered
34,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 Buffon
4 Mellberg
6 Zanetti
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
15 Knezevic
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Marchisio
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
28 Molinaro
29 De Ceglie
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie
41 Ariaudo

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Probable starting lineup according to tuttomercatoweb.com:

JUVENTUS (4-4-2): 1 Buffon; 21 Grygera, 33 Legrottaglie, 4 Mellberg, 29 De Ceglie; 16 Camoranesi, 19 Marchisio, 30 Tiago, 11 Nedved; 17 Trezeguet, 9 Iaquinta.

We are going into a must win match (Coppa being all the ambition we have left) counting on Pavel over Giovinco again, are we? Ah well.

·
Administrator
53,561 Posts
So he doesnt even get Coppa as he used to? Seriously cant wait til this season is over, so the only thing I can hope for being what the news will be on wether or not Ranieri is fired.

·
Administrator
53,561 Posts
He will atleast have a fair chance to earn his minutes with a reasonable and good coach (might step up enough to bench Il Capitano too). Now he is benched regardless of how well he does, and how useless his competition is.

I mean, can you think of a good reason why he started getting benched again? 1 single reason?

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
There's a chance?

We have been playing better in the Coppa than in league, so this might be surprisingly tricky for you. Still, you have the away goal so Juve is the crystal clear favourite to make the final.
Yes there is that chance or opportunity. Juve have that away goal, and home leg, it's not like we have to score 3 or 4 clean goals to overturn a disastrous first leg result. OTOH, it's not like I said it's gonna be walk-in-the-park either...:neutral:

1-0 to Juve is a realistic possibility. We just have not leak in goals which will be very difficult against a team like Lazio.

I have a feeling it will end 2-1 for Juve and go into extra time, and decided on PK's. Official Rhizoid prediction, you heard it here first.

·
Administrator
53,561 Posts
Game starting soon, Juve channel says this is the lineup :cool:

From Juve Channel

------------Buffon--------------

Grygera Mellberg Ariaudo De Ceglie

Marchionni Tiago Marchisio Giovinco

------Trezeguet Iaquinta----------

Besides Marchionni instead of Camo for some reason, I LIKE this :shades: First time we play with 4 youth products at the same time.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Yes there is that chance or opportunity. Juve have that away goal, and home leg, it's not like we have to score 3 or 4 clean goals to overturn a disastrous first leg result. OTOH, it's not like I said it's gonna be walk-in-the-park either...:neutral:
Heh, I kinda meant that if Juve score and don't concede, you are certain to advance...

Have a good match, guys!

·
Administrator
53,561 Posts
Hehe I know what you mean, but not sure others do Stephan :D

I missed most of the half, just seen parts in the background (unexpected guests annoying me :pp), the great Zarate goal included. How has the game been? I couldnt get into the parts I saw because Roy Hudson is way too annoying.

·
Registered
130 Posts
lazio isn't exactly stellar in the air and have offensive wingers. with 2 prima puntas, not a bad gameplan. good quality and quantity of crosses into the box, but trez and iaquinta have been rubbish in terms of runs and effort.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts