Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oostende have their first win of the season with a 90 minute goal by Anthony Portier. Other goals, 41' Francesco Stefano Marino(oostende) and 42' Mannaseh Ishiaku (La Louviere).
final score Oostende 2, La Louviere 1.
their record now stands at 1-5-10.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
aren't oostende more famous as a basketball team

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Yes congrats to them and a big f*ck you to ref :yuck: Vervecken :yuck: who according too that big humanistic idea "Befehl ist Befehl" gave a red card to one of their players for cheering too loudly. One could only imagine what that player must have been thinking, cheering because of a dramatic goal in extra-time earning him, in december, the first win of the season. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MagicalEd said:
Oostende for the title!!!
this is a start of a huge winning streak!
if they work on their defense they wouldn't be to bad. they seem to score, but always get scored on as well. at least if they tighten that up they could move out of relegation zone. but I am sure they will be back down to 2e next year.

Yes congrats to them and a big f*ck you to ref Vervecken who according too that big humanistic idea "Befehl ist Befehl" gave a red card to one of their players for cheering too loudly. One could only imagine what that player must have been thinking, cheering because of a dramatic goal in extra-time earning him, in december, the first win of the season.

that is a jack ass thing to give a guy a red card for that. what an idiot ref. :fero:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
aren't oostende more famous as a basketball team
Yep, they played the European final a few years ago, so they're pretty good :cap:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
gOD said:
Yes congrats to them and a big f*ck you to ref :yuck: Vervecken :yuck: who according too that big humanistic idea "Befehl ist Befehl" gave a red card to one of their players for cheering too loudly. One could only imagine what that player must have been thinking, cheering because of a dramatic goal in extra-time earning him, in december, the first win of the season. :rolleyes:
Couldn't agree more. He showed zero feeling for the spirit of that match and that moment.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Good for them I think it's a nice club, allthough I'm fearing they wont survive the drop this year.
I hope they do, because if Antwerp manages promotion this year I wouldn't mind a little trip to the coast.

BTW: that red card sounds familiar. Wasn't Zoko (or another Oostende-player) expelled from a game earlier this year after again cheering to loudly?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Yep, during the 1-2 loss against Club Brugge... Man, some day for me... (my girlfriend is from Oostende and my son was born there). Crazy city btw, way too many drunken English there :drunk:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, during the 1-2 loss against Club Brugge... Man, some day for me... (my girlfriend is from Oostende and my son was born there). Crazy city btw, way too many drunken English there :drunk:
ha ha, so true. As I recall, way to many jellyfish in the water as well! Beautiful sunsets though. :thmbup:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts

Nice badge, 'voetbal aan zee' :D.

Actually I was waiting for the Belgians to respond, but they're nowhere, hehe. :confused:

Anyway, do not know a lot about the club except they've got an old but lovely traditional stadiums with real terraces etc.

Stadium

Throughout their history the club played mainly at lower levels (2nd & 3th), believe they went up to the highest level for the first time somewhere in the 90s, then relegated back, even to the third league again, untill two seasons ago when they played in at the highest level again, but also relegated immediately. Now they're somewhere in the middle of the table at the 2nd level.

In two days they start the competition again after the winter-break with a home match versus Union Saint-Gilloise from Brussels, also a nice tradition club.

What makes you interested in KVO ziaro?

btw, the club page is in Dutch not Belgian :pp .

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Knoert you are here hehehe :)

I was on 2 games KVO when i was in ostendee :) my favourite player is Vandenberghe

dutch or belgian it's the "same" for because i dont understand :) when i write to them they dont reply :(

last game Torhout vs KV Oostende 0-3
scorers : 0-1 : Lord (15') 0-2 : Lord (50') 0-3 : Kurtulus (75')

next game KV Oostende vs Union saturday 20 at 2000

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
ziaro said:
Knoert you are here hehehe :)

I was on 2 games KVO when i was in ostendee :) my favourite player is Vandenberghe

dutch or belgian it's the "same" for because i dont understand :) when i write to them they dont reply :(

last game Torhout vs KV Oostende 0-3
scorers : 0-1 : Lord (15') 0-2 : Lord (50') 0-3 : Kurtulus (75')

next game KV Oostende vs Union saturday 20 at 2000
You've been to Oostende (it's Oostende not Ostendee :))? Nice!

Lord is Dutch btw, if he's a good player at Oostende their level must be really low :D.

It's like you say, Holland and Belgium (Flanders) is almost the same, the language, the culture etc, that's why I'm here ;).

Too bad they don't reply... you filled in this? Even Belgians must be able to understand English, hehe.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't feel bad, I never get responses from clubs. They are to busy I guess. You would think they would respond to fans, seeing that attendences are very low for Belgian football, they should reach out more to the fans. bastards.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts