Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
59,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty simple really. Thread says all. Name the guys you :yuck: at the mention of their name :D
I'm wondering who Milans and other clubs biggest traitors are. Spurs and Barca you can name easily but anyways from my 2 clubs:

For Spurs, it can only be the :ass:-Sol. Commited a crime far worse than Figo. A born and bred London boy we brought through the academy who as you all know went to the enemy for a grand total of 0 pence , unlike Figo who Barca at least got money for.

For Feyenoord, recently it probably is Pierre van Hooijdonk who left the club telling a whole pack of lies, but not in the same bad way as he left Nottingham Forest.

btw about Barca, how is Bernd Schuster viewed? I read he made the move too in the early 90s, but does it give you older Barca fans the same emotions like with Figo? was too young round then hence my question

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I wasn't quite fond of the way Frank and Ronald de Boer left Ajax. They will always be disliked for that by me/ :yuck:

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
anelka

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I say Anelka too. Although the 22.5m profit from him didn't make it so bad.

Wally said:
For Spurs, it can only be the :ass:-Sol. Commited a crime far worse than Figo. A born and bred London boy we brought through the academy who as you all know went to the enemy for a grand total of 0 pence , unlike Figo who Barca at least got money for.
:howler: :D ;)

·
Registered
59,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
khimik said:
ROHAN RICKETTS WOOOHOOOOO ROHAN RICKETTS WOOAHOOOOOOO

:howler: :D

:eek:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Don't really have one. Coco would have been one, had we not gotten Seedorf in exchange

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
For Luton Town there is only :yuck:Tony Thorpe :yuck: - leaving us in the fertilizer to join rivals QPR.
Immortalised in song:

Well, we play in black and white; and we're ****ing dynamite;
and Tony Thorpe's mother is a whore
(Altogether now:))
Sheeeeee's a whooooore....
Sheeeeee's a whooooore....
Tony Thorpe's mother is a whore

·
Registered
46,986 Posts
The one who comes to my mind is Karembeu. His contract was expiring in 1 year and Sampdoria was going to sell him to Barcelona in order to get some money but he had an agreement with Real Madrid and let the contract expire in order to be free and join Real Madrid for higher wages.

... and Merdarelli, ehm.... i meant Carparelli, who joined some seasons after being sent away by Samp joined genoa cricket and wore anti-Samp shirts under the shirts of genoa cricket.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
khimik said:
I say Anelka too. Although the 22.5m profit from him didn't make it so bad.

:howler: :D ;)
Correction: the profit was £22.5m AND the great Davor Suker.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
For AS Roma, the historical ones are Manfredonia - as a lazio-man through the bone he was always outspoken against AS Roma and did not hide his hate for the club. He was even caught on video celebrating Roma's loss to Liverpool in 1984 in the home final of the Champion's Cup. Having been sentenced for "scommesse" (I don't know the english word, but it's fixing matches basically), he later joined Juventus, Roma's other historical nemesis. In 1987 Our midfield maestro Carlo Ancelotti was sold to a Milan on the rise and Manfredonia, despite his past, was chosen as his successor. His arrival caused a rift in the fanbase in Rome, between those who felt he was not worthy of Roma's shirt and the honour to wear it, while others claimes that all Roma players should be cheered on and supported as long as they are playing for AS Roma. This clash of opinions split up what was then the envy of Europe; C.U.C.S. (Commando Ultrà Curva Sud). With it's groundbreaking way of supporting their team, C.U.C.S. quickly became a force to be reckoned with in Europe and in Italy. But with Manfredonia's arrival, it was to be forever divided. Now, Curva Sud is no where near the magic it was known for before. Manfredonia's Roma career came to a halt when he suffered a heart attack in the middle of a game.

This past summer made AS Roma two new enemies; Fabio Capello and Emerson. Emerson faked a depression and stated to the media that he refused to go back to Roma and to sign for any other club than Juventus, the club that is the most contempted among romanisti, thus allowing them to get him at a greatly reduced price.

Fabio Capello, ran away in the middle of the night to Juventus without informing anyone at Roma. Our president had to read about it in the paper the morning after.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Wally said:
btw about Barca, how is Bernd Schuster viewed? I read he made the move too in the early 90s, but does it give you older Barca fans the same emotions like with Figo? was too young round then hence my question
No, it wasn't the same. Schuster had problems with the Board and he spent a season without playing because the president was angry with him. I can't recall if Nuñez (our president at that time) let him go or if he finished his contract, but the club just let him go. It's always sad to see a player that you have loved to play for your worst rival, but at that time, Schuster and the fans didn't have a great relationship, so it wasn't very painful. After so many years, we don't have bad memories about him. He's not in our altar, but he has been several times in the VIP box of the Camp Nou and the club allowed him to visit the team when he was "learning" the job of being a coach. I would say that his Spanish club is Barça, despite playing for Madrid and Atlético too.

Also it was painful to see Laudrup with the Real Madrid shirt and he was booed because we loved him, but he also went there because Cruyff didn't want him in Barcelona anymore. He could have gone to other club, but he decided to sign for Real Madrid. In any case, after so many year, we still respect and love Michael Laudrup and what he did for us. He even played several times for the Barça veteran team.

Another case was Milla. He was a player of our young system, but in this case, Cruyff let him go too and he decided to join Real Madrid. We ignore him.

The main difference with Figo is that all of them (Schuster, Laudrup and Milla) could not continue in Barcelona. We showed them the door. Figo was different because he lied. He spent the whole summer saying that he didn't sign for Real Madrid, he said that everything was false. Even 3 days before being presented by Real Madrid, he was denying everything. That's why he's mistreated. He's a liar and he didn't respect the club and the fans that loved him so much. He's the worst kind of traitor. Figo is the real definition of the mercenary.

Also Ronaldo is this kind of mercenary. His excuses for leaving Barcelona were poor, although he's so dumb that I think that he was only fooled by his agents. I was surprised when I saw all the Inter fans so mad with him. Didn't they know him? C'mon, he was a Judas in Barcelona, what did they expect from him? An eternal love for Inter? Everyone was sad for his injuries, I wasn't, because as he ONLY cares about money, I knew that he would be okay with the huge salary that the Italians were paying him.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Paul Ince

Big time Charlie. He was brilliant for us - but the everlasting memory will be him kissing the Liverpool badge and celebrating like he'd won the Champions League when Liverpool drew with us.

I suppose you could say Denis Law for joining City.....Even Schmeichel.....But those two don't really bother people so much for whatever reason. They're both still, most definitley, United legends. Ince never will be.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
SuicideDD said:
Paul Ince

Big time Charlie. He was brilliant for us - but the everlasting memory will be him kissing the Liverpool badge and celebrating like he'd won the Champions League when Liverpool drew with us....
Ince was a Judas at West Ham too, he must be getting typecast.
SuicideDD said:
I suppose you could say Denis Law for joining City...
Don't you mean RE-joining City?
Denis Law played his best football at Manchester City long before joining Man United.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Attila_the_Nun said:
Ince was a Judas at West Ham too, he must be getting typecast.

Don't you mean RE-joining City?
Denis Law played his best football at Manchester City long before joining Man United.
He only had a season at City. It was a terrible time in his career. A foolish, youthful mistake. ;)

He realised this and came home just 2 years later. :proud:

The second stint was the onset of senile dementia - obviously. :D

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I dunno maybe Gert Verheyen but I was full of joy when he left for Brugge :D

Or yes, I do remember I was awfully pissed when Zetterberg chose Olympiakos (read money) over RSCA.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts