Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some things we certainly need to do in January, especially if we are still in European competition, I think we need 3 players minimum (A CB, A SM and a forward) and then we can get rid of Loria and Okaka can go on loan (and try loan out Montella if possible).

Obviously we will not be able to get out of this world players in january, but I would suggest:

Pablo Barrientos (San Lorenzo) as a pretty big signing for the attacking mid/winger... Osvaldo for the attack and if we can, bring back Andreolli :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have Doni, and we have 2 goalies fighting for 2nd choice plus Curci hopefully will be back next year, its not as important as our attacking issues right now IMO.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Doni sucks and i dont think Arthur is good if he was good Spalletti could have used him sometimes but it remains easy to know that Spalletti trusts only Doni who sucks , i agree with you we need a striker but if Spalletti will remain using Totti as a striker then it will have no meaning .

·
Professional Pirate
7,103 Posts
Osvaldo and Andreolli would be very very nice.

I cant think of an attacking midfielder or winger type though....strange really.I think with those 2 though we'd be perfect for the season.Although Osvaldo would be cup tied.

Or we could give Okaka a try in the forward position instead of the wing.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think Okaka is ready yet, not that Andreolli is definitely ready for CB either, but Id prefer him to Loria... Okaka needs another half year at least on loan to a team which could help his improvement. Besides, there are a few forwards out there who we could get, dont ask me to name them, but there are some :D

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Loaning out Okaka is understandable, I think you got him back just to fill out anyway, but Osvaldo, really? He really isnt setting anything alight, is he? He isnt good enough for Viola, you should defenitely aim higher (why would he be nice?). Same with Andreolli, who is getting his first vital real senior season in his career just now, let him be to say the least.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
still want crespo?

·
Professional Pirate
7,103 Posts
Osvaldo has more potential to Pazzini.Pazzini is limited.He's got a heavy first touch and is strictly limited in terms of passing and vision.Osvaldo on the other hand is a stud.The more I watch this guy the more I want him on my team.Given their age difference Osvaldo has more room to grow and given our injuries to Baptista Totti and quite possibly any future injuries I think he would fit our system better then Okaka who in my opinion is a center forward not a right or left wing attacker.

Andreolli would play.He'd be where Loria plays although I agree he deserves a season on his own then another season in Serie A for Atalanta or what not before he joins us for good and becomes our number 3 center back.

·
Registered
13,103 Posts
After this summer, I have zero confidence in the management and coaching of Roma to do anything productive in the players market. Maybe they'll smarten up now that we're faced with a solid 14th place in Serie A, but it seems our money is tied up. We're a less attractive location when in such disarray, both for potential players and the ones we have. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mexes, Aquilani and others leave in June. :moan:

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Recent articles in TMW claims we have started contact with those players for Januray market:

Defense:
Bovo (Palermo)
Bonera (Milan)

Midfield:
Behrami (West ham)
Guberti (Ascoli)
Pinto (Atalanta)
Semioli (Fiorentina)

Attack:
Crespo (Inter)
Cruz (Inter)
Osvaldo (Fiorentina)
Fred (Lyon)

I'd take only Bovo and maybe Cruz from that list, the rest are grabage and waste of money.

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Fred is better then Cruz for sure. But yeah, thats a very bleak list in general.

Maybe Semioli too cant be worse then your woeful Taddei nowadays.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Recent articles in TMW claims we have started contact with those players for Januray market:

Defense:
Bovo (Palermo)
Bonera (Milan)

Midfield:
Behrami (West ham)
Guberti (Ascoli)
Pinto (Atalanta)
Semioli (Fiorentina)

Attack:
Crespo (Inter)
Cruz (Inter)
Osvaldo (Fiorentina)
Fred (Lyon)

I'd take only Bovo and maybe Cruz from that list, the rest are grabage and waste of money.
what a shitty list, if we get all these players maximum we will reach a uefa cup spot.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Did you expect any different names? We don't have any money.

BTW Fred is sh*t and would be a massive waste of money. I would rather Osvaldo from that list.

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Fred is insanely injury prone, thats his big issue. Otherwise, he is a goalscorer, MUCH MUCH more so then Osvaldo is and will ever be, Osvaldo is small team/mid table level player. He has acheived shit (and is not even good enough to sit on Viola's bench unless someone is injured), and wont be zip more then backup at best.

While Fred, when he has been healthy, has a goalscoring career tally of 133 goals in 240 games (in one season in the Brazilian league, he scored 40 goals in 43 games, such a shitty record). Age difference between isnt much either, 3 years, if you were going to bring that up.

If he stays healthy (big if), not only would he be better then lowly Osvaldo in every way (why would anyone hype this guy, I will NEVER know, sarcasm, its only because he is a young italian player), but Vucinic too because Fred is a box striker and a clinical finisher, which is what you exactly need and been missing.

I dont even like Fred (and seen him enough with Lyon while watching Benzema), but you should really like look up what the word shit means. Even if Osvaldo is at best average as heck, I wont call him shit, one has too be really bad to be shit. And Fred is twice the player Osvaldo is, imagine what Osvaldo would be if he is shit.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I have a hard time getting excited for those names when I hear that we were offered both Militio and Zarate in the summer, but said no thanks to their agents.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts