Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like nasty nick summed it up today in the World Cup forum "I hate Italy haters" :D

Well yep they are back, as always before a major tournament, "Italy is overrated" bla bla and all the same bull****

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I dont hate Italy. In fact its my fav team and i want it to win the world cup. But i have my doubts. We havent exactly been playing good football lately and the tactics of trying two teams in each half is not so good either. Stick to one thing. The team selection is also questionable. Some double standard selections.
Imagine this scenario, Delvechio playing for Parma, Di Vaio for Roma, DelVechio with 3 goals, Di Vaio with 18. Who do you think will get selected. Its a pity when politics play a part in the team selection.
Well i am quite pessimistic at Italys chances. This means, if we lose, than i was expecting it, but if we win, than i will be amazed
SO ITALY GO OUT AND AMAZE ME

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
King Italy , if we begin hating Italy haters than we will probably reach some members of our family too:)
So the best expression would be : We ignore words of Italy haters:D
Forza ITALIA!:)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I thought you were above this King Italy? that's pretty low man, we explained the situation to you, Italy isn't overrated, you once again underrate and underestimate Croatia, which could cost you, once again. Not just the posters, but media too.

I, for one, think Italy might actually win the WC, I favour them over Argentina and France.

Or is it just that you like to stir trouble? Like with the "mad Croatians" thread?

that's low man, I expected more from you, and you act so innocent in my forum.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
what bugs me about italian fans is that they are closet supporters. when they aren't doing well then noone is seen wearing an italian jersey but when they get to the final then they come out of the woodwork with their NT strips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Italy haters

Where I grew up, alot of haters are of Portugese descent and many have wagered that Portugal will progress farther than Italy. These clowns think Luis Figo is their saviour. What a joke!!! Figo is a very good player but he is not a great player that can carry his team on his shoulders like Pele or Maradonna or Baggio in 1994!! I can't wait until they fall flat on their faces and get a dose of reality! You can't win a WC with a defence that has more holes than a piece of gorganzola cheese!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
placebo said:
what bugs me about italian fans is that they are closet supporters. when they aren't doing well then noone is seen wearing an italian jersey but when they get to the final then they come out of the woodwork with their NT strips.
mmmhhh.. it seems like the only Italian fans you know are juventini ..:rolleyes::D

·
Banned
692 Posts
Queen Italy...

Haven't you read anything in the forum. Only YOU think that we think that Italy is overrated. WE CLEARLY STATED THAT THIS IS NOT THE CASE YET YOU PERSIST. ARE YOU TRYING TO BE A TROUBLEMAKER.

BUZZ OFF.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Adriano, I don't know why you're doing this, but anybody can go to the Cro forum and check the thread you started and see that we're not calling Italy overrated.

http://www.xtratime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75749

On the issue of Italy haters, even if somebody thinks Italy is overrated it doesn't mean they hate Italy. I think England is overrated but that doesn't mean I hate them.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
What are you talking about and what a pointles thread... why don't you just go and cry somewhere until all the bad men go away...

For the love of god how can you say that you are under-estimated when it is YOU guys who are playing down the teams chances all of the time...

I mean instead of looking at the positives you seem to cry that Baggio or Di Vaio or Liverrani or Ambrossini or Ferrera or Fiore or whoever are not going... believe me I have read the threads.

Yes there is a debate that certain players should go (I mean Di Livio is a joke inclusion) but this does not harm the fate of the team. Italy have what a lot of other teams do not... organisation, and for that reason alone they should make at least the semi finals!

·
Registered
17,029 Posts
pool till i die, the reason why i think we are overatted is due to the fact that those players you mentioned who did not make it are not there.

italy have a great team, and should be rated as one of the favs, but we have to face the facts as well. our defending midfielders are not strong, and some of players on bench would be lucky to get a game for tunisia......thats why a lot of us are having doubts.

on that note, i also think that France are overated, as are Argentina.

italy, france and argentina might have top squads, but they all lack certain areas and thats why i think that this WC is open for anyone to win it.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
but the team... the one that should play the first game is very strong. Even the midfield.

I think that there is a problem in that the system is not that great... I agree that a 4 man defence should be employed to allow for a midfield that contains the likes of Tomassi, Doni and Zambrotta with Totti ahead of them...

But even with this the defence is solid now that a truck couldn't move it and the attack has three players that would get in every side in the competition (DP, Montella, Vieri)...

Also of the players that I mentioned only Di Viao, Liverrani and maybe Fiore should be going but apart from Di Livio there are no obvious ways to replace them (I know that people scream Gattuso and Delvechio but these players are needed for tactial purposes)

·
Registered
983 Posts
I think King Italy is still coming to terms with the fact that Perth Glory were put in their place by a croat :D does the name Milicic spring to mind ;)

Dont worry buddy there is always next year :howler:

Though in my honest opinion i think Italy will win the WC

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.