Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm watching Juventus vs Napoli.
After 30 minutes the highlights are that Napoli has almost scored with a header brilliantly saved by Szczesny and Kulusevski is treading on a few teammates toes but I don't blame him. He is surely playing in the wrong position for him and he tends to move where he knows, but there is a teammate.

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
0-0 HT

I'm not sure Kulusevski will return for the second half but, again, he should play wide.

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1-0 Juventus

First Manolas tried the own goal and on the following corner kick Bakayoko touched the ball nad assisted CR7, completely alone in the PK area. I knew this game could be solved by episodes like this one... Poor defending from Napoli, but Juventus has not impressed me.

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clumsy foul of McKennie on Mertens. Penalty and Insigne incredibly misses wide.

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kulusevski leaves the pitch just now, after 83 minutes, replaced by Morata. Rabiot for Bentancur.

·
Registered
24,426 Posts
Congrats to Juve on the title. Hopefully Pirlo gets a deserved contract extension.

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2-0 Juventus at minute 95 (Morata)

but Napoli had had another huge chance to equalize just before

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My ratings:

Szczesny 7.5 - Bonucci 6, Chiellini 6, Danilo 6 - Cuadrado 6.5, McKennie 6*, Arthur 6, Bentancur 6.5 (Rabiot nv), Chiesa 5 (Bernardeschi 6) - Kulusevski 6 (Morata nv**), CR 6.5

* because in the episode of the penalty he was dumb and that penalty could be heavy
** in spite of the goal

Napoli: Ospina 6.5 - Di Lorenzo 6, Manolas 5, Koulibaly 6.5, Mario Rui 5.5 (Politano nv) - Demme 6 (Llorente lol), Bakayoko 5 (Elmas 5.5) - Lozano 6.5, Zielinski 6.5, Insigne 5 - Petagna 5.5 (Mertens 6.5)

·
Registered
15,368 Posts
Only watched the last 30 minutes or so and Napoli were getting man-handled by Juve. Even with that, Napoli should have been on even terms but just a bad Pen miss by Insigne. Chucky almost levels up but Polish guy steps up for Juve.

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Szczesny had made an even more impressive save on the same Lozano in the first half. Again a header.

·
Administrator
53,262 Posts
Yeah easy Woj was our MOM this game, and in general play it was Cuadrado, he is so important in giving a constant reference point and attacking creativity option for this stale team, makes us more unpredictable. He was surely missed for last 10 days, hope no more Covid for him in near future.

Gotta say I enjoyed seeing Insigne crying :LOL:

·
Registered
46,353 Posts
I find it weird that Lozano isn't a big transfer target for mega clubs rn.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Am a bit surprised that the players care so much about this trophy...
Not a knock on Juve's win or anything.

·
Registered
63,364 Posts
Wasn't impressed with Napoli, not that juve created a lot themselves (fluke first goal, pure luck, and may be one or two chances otherwise) but at least it was a better juve performance compared to the Inter match.

Napoli should get a better coach.

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The team IS overrated (and overpaid) in the sense that a few players gain much more money than their performances justify. I'm not talking about CR7, who gains a huge amount of money, but is CR7. I'm talking about Ramsey, Bonucci, Rabiot, Alex Sandro, Arthur, Bernardeschi etc. etc.
That said, strictly talking about the Supercup game, I read the newspapers celebrating the first trophy of Pirlo. They have completely forgotten the massacre in Milan few days before! They are not even considering the fact that Insigne missed a chance to equalize with a penalty and Napoli HAD other chances to score the first goal or to equalize etc.
I also read that Agnelli celebrated the fact that Juventus have won a trophy every single season in the last decade. Oh well, if he is happy with the Italian Supercup why doesn't he prolong Pirlo's contract till 2050?

·
Registered
24,100 Posts
Toni, camelface reffered to Napoli.

i dont think Napoli is overrated myself and I already said that their downfall will be Gattuso who has not clear plan for transition in his team.

·
Registered
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Toni, camelface reffered to Napoli.

i dont think Napoli is overrated myself and I already said that their downfall will be Gattuso who has not clear plan for transition in his team.
ah lol, I thought camel was referring to the experience of Ancelotti with Juventus.

I couldn't tell, I don't think Napoli is overrated. It's odd that they can destroy or be defeated by the same team depending on the moment.

·
Registered
24,100 Posts
ah lol, I thought camel was referring to the experience of Ancelotti with Juventus.

I couldn't tell, I don't think Napoli is overrated. It's odd that they can destroy or be defeated by the same team depending on the moment.
I think it is very much up to individual performances for them. Not like us who is a well oiled machine that score regardless of who plays and have a mediocre defense regardless of who play in it.

·
Registered
63,364 Posts
A "better" coach Ancelotti didn't do much with them either. Maybe the team is overrated.
Nearly the same team nearly won the Scudetto with Sarri in 2018.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts