Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having said that ref wise we have never had a decisive call in our favour if memory dosen't prove me wrong, to which just as an examplem may I list Zola's sending off vs Nigeria in 94, Apolloni's red vs the Czeck Republic in 96, Cannavaroìs broken eyebrow due to elbowing vs France in 1998, Zambroota's Red vs Holland in 2000, the 5 disallowed goals plus Moreno during WC 2002 and least and not last, even though uninfluencial Cassano's dissalowed goal vs Bulgaria in EC 2004, in unfortunately recalling that we lost a WC off penalties vs Brazil back in 1994 :depress: a semifinal vs Argentina back in 1990 :doh: a QF vs France, again on penalties :frustrat: and possibly due to the fact that we played almost the entire game one man down vs Holland, we eventually collapsed due to fatigue in the dieing moments of the game, again vs France, in the EC 2000 Final, after leading 1-0 with DP missing 2 indeed comfortable sitters :frustrat: as Baggio was injured for the WC 1994 final, as a missed penalty by Zola denied us a needed win vs Germany during EC 1996, as Baggio shot was just 4 cm away 3 minutes from time vs France in 1998, as two 40 meters shots, miss-judged by Zoff, denied us the WC final back in 1978, after having beaten the Argentinian team 1-0 on their own turf, in recalling that Massaro shot vs Brazil in the WC final 4 minutes from time that could have sealed the game. Now we'll also probably play the WC without an indeed in-form Totti. :veiled:
What next :frustrat:

Lady Luck ows us :hopefull:

Forza Azzurri :heart:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
It owes us big time! I just hope for no more big injuries esp. to Pirlo, Nesta or Cannavaro

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Having said that ref wise we have never had a decisive call in our favour if memory dosen't prove me wrong
How about that blatant handball by Costacurta in the penalty area in WC 94 semifinal against us?

But apart from that, you really've been quite unlucky, it's about time for the luck to turn in your favour.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Its really enough, we've had more than enough!! Its heart breaking!!

May i add to your list diavolo the 4 min injury time against France in euro2000's final!! With Wiltord scoring in the last minute of these, & trez in extratime!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Red Dragon said:
Its really enough, we've had more than enough!! Its heart breaking!!

May i add to your list diavolo the 4 min injury time against France in euro2000's final!! With Wiltord scoring in the last minute of these, & trez in extratime!!
they gave France 5 minutes of injury time :frustrat:

·
Banned
734 Posts
Santino said:
it was 5, I wish it was 4, we woulda won the Euro's if it was 4. France scored at 94:30. 30 seconds left :(

ah are you serious.....man i cant, please no more about this....look to the future :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Nah it was 4, but France scored on 94:08 or something or 93: 52, I cant remember but I know it was 8 seconds wither side of the 94 mark.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Deano said:
Nah it was 4, but France scored on 93: 52, I cant remember but I know it was 8 seconds wither side of the 94 mark.

Yes this is the truth!! I remember it like it was yesterday!!

Anyways, Italia seems to leave big tournaments always in the "top dramatic" ways, like our top player wasting the 5th penalty in the final, penalties hitting the bar, Golden goals with Totti given a red card, 2 other teams arranging a 2-2 result just to kick us out..etc, i wish the drama will stop soon!!

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Is there not some saying that goes "winners create their own luck"? If that's true, it may be a good idea rather than hoping for something that seemingly isn't about to happen.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Santino said:
it was 5, I wish it was 4, we woulda won the Euro's if it was 4. France scored at 94:30. 30 seconds left :(
Please don't remind me. :depress: :frownani:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts