Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I was bored in class last week,like I am everyday,and I decided to make my own league based on the quality of the clubs,cities,history,etc.Its not complete yet but I just put teams that I took into consideration:

-Crvena Zvezda
-Partizan
-Vojvodina
-Napredak(impressive attendance records this season)
-Borac Cacak
-Macva Sabac(I know they are in 3rd division but they are located in a city wanting a good team to go watch)
-Zemun(Taurunum Boys)
-FK Rad (United Force)
-Valjevo(another town that ,with some financial aid, can bring in large attendance)
-Radnicki Nis
-Smederevo
-Kraguljevac("Crveni Djavoli" and another futbal hungry town)
-OFK Beograd
-FK Sloga Kraljevo
-Radnicki Pirot(I don't really know them that well but agianst Vojvodina in the Cup they braught in a large attendance around 7,000-10,000.)
-Hajduk Kula
-Novi Pazar(Torcida Sandžak)

Attendance would dramatically increase and it would be nice not to have just teams from Beograd but from around.Thats not al the teams I thought of into consideration.These are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Hey guys
:howler:

There are 2 problems with your league:
- an odd number of teams (17)
- too many teams (we don't need more than 12)

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I think that league is too big, 12 teams is better:
-Crvena Zvezda
-Partizan
-OFK Beograd
-Vojvodina
-FK Banat
-Spartak Subotica
-Dinamo Pancevo
-Hajduk Kula
-Napredak Krusevac
-Radnicki Kragujevac
-Radnicki Nis
-Radnicki Pirot

I think next season they said it's going to go back to being a 16 team league though

·
Registered
44,368 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Hey guys
I was bored in class last week,like I am everyday,and I decided to make my own league based on the quality of the clubs,cities,history,etc.Its not complete yet but I just put teams that I took into consideration:

-Crvena Zvezda
-Partizan
-Vojvodina
-Napredak(impressive attendance records this season)
-Borac Cacak
-Macva Sabac(I know they are in 3rd division but they are located in a city wanting a good team to go watch)
-Zemun(Taurunum Boys)
-FK Rad (United Force)
-Valjevo(another town that ,with some financial aid, can bring in large attendance)
-Radnicki Nis
-Smederevo
-OFK Beograd
-FK Sloga Kraljevo
-Radnicki Pirot(I don't really know them that well but agianst Vojvodina in the Cup they braught in a large attendance around 7,000-10,000.)
-Hajduk Kula
-Novi Pazar(Torcida Sandžak)

Attendance would dramatically increase and it would be nice not to have just teams from Beograd but from around.Thats not al the teams I thought of into consideration.These are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

In my ideal world without the mafia and hools...

Three relegated, three promoted. Top two from Prva Liga promoted with 3rd place play-off style from Srpska Liga:

1) winner Beograd v. winner Zapad;
2) winner Istok v. winner Vojvodina

A) winner Match 1 v. winner Match 2

B) winner Match A v. 3rd place Prva Liga

+ Crvena Zvezda
+ Partizan
+ Vojvodina
+ Dubocica Leskovac
+ Napredak Krusevac
+ Sumadija 1903 Kragujevac
+ Borac Cacak
+ Nis
+ Smederevo
+ OFK Beograd
+ FK Sloga Kraljevo
+ Hajduk Kula (or Subotica)

...or something like that.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
there is also a problem with the kicking out the teams within the first league that are from Beo. I mean u cannot just boot them out of the first league to get more teams out of Beo

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
One could define, that from the league of 16 a maximum of 6 teams may come from beograd.

I think the beo mafija is one of the biggest problem, why serbia is not producing bigger talents anymore. Look where Piksi has came from.

Our league would need some depth.

But to avoid 10-0 results, there also should be a salary cap, that make it difficult for partizan or cz do buy all good young players.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
One could define, that from the league of 16 a maximum of 6 teams may come from beograd.

I think the beo mafija is one of the biggest problem, why serbia is not producing bigger talents anymore. Look where Piksi has came from.

But to avoid 10-0 results, there also should be a salary cap, that make it difficult for partizan or cz do buy all good young players.
That will surely just weaken Zvezda and Partizan causing more embarrassing results in Europe.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Salary cap? What the hell - no way! We definitely don't need to weaken Partizan and Zvezda as they suck enough as is. What we need to do is focus on making teams from Kragujevac, Kraljevo, Smederevo, Novi Sad more financially stable so that they can year-in and year-out be in the top league.

Europe does not need to turn into the NBA. What makes European sports so entertaining is having the culture and history of powerful, rich teams such as Real Madrid, Manchester United, etc. The inclusion of a salary-cap would just kill that. Personally, I wouldn't want Partizan having the same cap as Cukaricki...

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Salary cap? What the hell - no way! We definitely don't need to weaken Partizan and Zvezda as they suck enough as is. What we need to do is focus on making teams from Kragujevac, Kraljevo, Smederevo, Novi Sad more financially stable so that they can year-in and year-out be in the top league.

Europe does not need to turn into the NBA. What makes European sports so entertaining is having the culture and history of powerful, rich teams such as Real Madrid, Manchester United, etc. The inclusion of a salary-cap would just kill that. Personally, I wouldn't want Partizan having the same cap as Cukaricki...
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts

A salary cap would make sense on a UEFA-level, to limit the purchasing power of the super-rich teams like Chelsea or Real. But to have a salary cap for Serbia only is completely idiotic. Either it will be a salary cap that will benefit Partizan and Zvezda by leaving things more or less as they are - which is pointless - or it would even out the 2 with Cukaricki and the like, which would be a disaster. Our top teams have trouble keeping players as it is, if you force a salary cap on them all the players would leave the country - this isn't 1976 anymore and you can't force players to stay in the country until they are 25.

The beo mafija is not the only reason. First of all, there's plenty of mafia in other cities (cf. the guy running Vojvodina, also Dzomba from Kula who ran Hajduk, etc.), and second, some of the "provincial" clubs are simply badly managed to the point of bankruptcy (cf. Proleter Zrenjanin, Radnicki) while others, with better management are more successful (cf. Buducnost B.D. aka Banat Zrenjanin, Smederevo).

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:howler:

There are 2 problems with your league:
- an odd number of teams (17)
- too many teams (we don't need more than 12)
Dont tease :pp lol.I was so tired when i was typing that i actually passed out right after.I was studying for my upcoming tests all day.

That wasn't the exact league I was thinking of.They were just teams I thought of and it was a league in the making.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts