Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've scored 10 goal in 16 match(Serie A and uefa Cup) . (this year)

Why is ended with Perugia? I don't know!Noone told me why they have decided to renounce to me.

I wouldn't leave Vicenza this summer and I'm happy now because i'm again in "my home", and i can play again with Schwoch.
Stefan and me in 2 years we have scored 60 goal,noone did like we two in A and in B ( in these years)...!

:finger: Perugia :finger:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Margiotta HAS BEEN CALLED IN NATIONAL TEAM :star:

yes in past he played with Italy Under 18 and Under 21 ...bu't he's born in Maracaibo (Venezuela) and the coach called him and him decided to go!

GREAT MARGIOTTONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Margiotta to be Venezuela hero Tuesday 10 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Azzurrini Massimo Margiotta is about to be given his international debut ¨C for Venezuela.

The hitman was born in the Venezuelan city of Maracaibo and holds a passport for both Italy and the South American nation.

Although he has already featured for Italy at Under-21 level, he is still available for a senior international debut with another country.

The Venezuelan Coach has now called him up for the February 18 friendly clash with Australia.

26-year-old Margiotta had already been contacted by his second nation in 1997, but opted to stick with Italy as he was making his mark.

The former Pescara, Udinese and Perugia man made his Under-21 Azzurrini bow in 1998 and notched up one goal in eight games, including the Sydney Olympics.

However, due to a new regulation passed on January 1, he can change his nationality at this late stage of his career.

This isn¡¯t the only possible switch of nationalities, as Massimiliano Vieri has announced his intention to play with the Australian squad.

Unlike his older brother Christian, Max Vieri was born in Sydney in 1978.

channel4

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Margiotta explains Venezuela choice

Fifa's decision to allow players to represent another country if they already had a double passport at the time of their first official international debut has benefited Massimo Margiotta.
In an exclusive interview with skysports.com, the Vicenza forward has outlined why he has decided to play for Venezuela.

The Serie B striker makes his debut in Caracas against Australia on February 18 as he has a double Italian and Venezuelan passport following his birth in Maracaibo in 1977.

Venezuela coach Richard Paez called the former Perugia man into his squad, even though he has played for Italy's Under-18 and Under-21 sides.

"I didn't expect it," Margiotta told skysports.com. "I had cancelled this from my mind because I had already played with Italian representative teams.

"Then, in December, I knew Fifa were changing the rules, and so I regained hope.

"I have willingly accepted.

"This is an occasion that I think nobody would refuse. I'll have the possibility to play against big teams like Brazil and Argentina, against big players like Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Hernan Crespo.

"I'm going to play in the most important and greatest stadiums in the world. It's a really big occasion and I think anyone in my place and situation wouldn't have refused."

Margiotta is happy to accept that he was never going to be part of Azzurri coach Giovanni Trapattoni's plans.

"For sure, with Italy I haven't got possibilities," he added. "So this is an important occasion, even if Venezuela's aims are different to Italy's.

"Anyway, Venezuela have never qualified for the World Cup - this is our aim.

"Let's hope we obtain it, it would be an historical result.

"Sincerely, I don't think of taking advantage of playing for Venezuela in this perspective (to go into the shop window). I am already satisfied with my current situation.

"I repeat the aim will be World Cup qualification. I hope to play at the next World Cup."

:heart:

·
Registered
68,994 Posts
he stinks!! hahahahaha only joking around Arianna ;), he kind of reminds me of Igor Budan, he didn't get much playing time in Serie A a few seasons back and now he is one of the top scorers in Serie B for Atalanta and hopefully he will play in Serie A next season.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DerbyCounty said:
he stinks!! hahahahaha only joking around Arianna ;), he kind of reminds me of Igor Budan, he didn't get much playing time in Serie A a few seasons back and now he is one of the top scorers in Serie B for Atalanta and hopefully he will play in Serie A next season.
Margiottone was aone of the best last season in Serie B,when played in Serie A with us was nice too,in Perugia this year he scored more and in Uefa Cup was the man who made Perugia great!:eek:

But seems that somone ( Gaucci..:D) prefer to buy crappy players and still don't consider Massimo:depress:

And for Budan,he's good too and next year he will play in A with Atalanta for sure:D ( i hope:D)

·
Registered
68,994 Posts
Budan is in a co-ownership deal I believe with both Atalanta and Palermo and either way he will be playing with Serie A hopefully.

·
Registered
68,994 Posts
Arianna, how is Sasa Bjelanovic doing with Genoa (if you know) becuase I truely believe he should be playing in Serie A becuase he did very well with Como and Chievo last season. Is he on loan at Perugia, co-owned or did Genoa buy him permanetly. He could of had a great chance for playing with the national team but now he is in Serie B and it is unlikely that he will get a call up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i've just saw him last sunday (... there was Genoa-Torino:rolleyes: )...
the sad thing is that Genoa now have bought this Milito and so Sasa now start everytime from the bench:depress: because the starters are Caccia and Milito.
He played on the second half and good. Genoa won thanks to him, in fact the cross for the man who scored was made by him (...:rolleyes: how good is my english:D ...sorry :eek:).
I saw Sasa also on the first leg,....live on Delle Alpi:D!:D And was impressive! He's fast and he know how to play the ball...nice player, i think he deserve more than Genoa!

·
Registered
68,994 Posts
He made a huge mistake by signing with Como. He should of stayed in the Croatian league for maybe a season or two and establish himself and even win some caps for Croatia. He was one of the top scorers in the Croatian league for three straight seasons and now he is in Serie B :rolleyes: another one of our talents wasted. I have seen him play live as well when he played for Varteks and I was impressed as well. Bjelanovic and Veldin Karic were a dangerous striker force for Varteks.
Your english is very good, I can understand everything you wrote perfectally.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DerbyCounty said:
He made a huge mistake by signing with Como. He should of stayed in the Croatian league for maybe a season or two and establish himself and even win some caps for Croatia. He was one of the top scorers in the Croatian league for three straight seasons and now he is in Serie B :rolleyes: another one of our talents wasted. I have seen him play live as well when he played for Varteks and I was impressed as well. Bjelanovic and Veldin Karic were a dangerous striker force for Varteks.
Your english is very good, I can understand everything you wrote perfectally.
:eek: he's not wasted i thin....in june surely one team of SerieA will buy him ,im quite sure of that:D :tongue:

·
Registered
68,994 Posts
i hope, becuase he could be like Baturina, Ivan Leko, Bosko Balaban all who had great success in the Croatian league and were crap in the top leagues.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
The time i saw Leko (abroad) he impressed me actually, must have been just one game then.

I wish Margiotta good luck with his new NT. I think it was a good choise. He was actually born there and even if he played some games at italian u-21 level he was never considered at senior level. With Venezuela he'll be a king. In this case i think changing nt is ok.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
What a great match Vicenza - Avellino. I support Avellino and they are in the lead :happy:, Sorrentino (the Parma player) scores :happy:, Margiotta scores (interesting because he always scores) and Kutuzov scores which is interesting because I am studying History at the moment- Napoleon and his trip to Russia. He fought with Kutuzov and I was thinking about the Kutuzov from Avellino and he really scored. Maybe it's a stupid story but I have a good feeling from that. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts