Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read that he's signed old Greek playmaker Tsartas for 6 months with a automatic clause which will extend the contract automatically if they get promoted. Some signing for a second division club!

and with Lucas Pudolski in the team, do you guys reckon that they might even be able to gatecrash into a UEFA cup place next season? with Stevens who did well with Schalke, Wolfgang Overath and the plans they got I think they're capable of doing better than in the last few years when they've basically been a yo-yo club.
Hope they'll do better along with Borussia Munchengladbach. Two sides with a good history. :cool:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
well, i hope (and think), they will promote this year! :)

Tsartas is a great signing! I´m sure King Otto managed this move, too! :D

So after Jugovic (Ahlen) another veteran star in 2. Liga. :)

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
You never know, but i think that an UEFA-Cup place will be out of reach for Cologne. First they have to promote anyway...
There are a lot of talented young players in Cologne and since Voronin has to return to Cologne from Leverkusen if Cologne wins promotion, they will have a really decent attack with Podolski/Voronin. Their main priority should be to stay in the league. But if the young Cologne teams grows and gets more and more experience, they should be able to fight for a place in the upper half of the Bundesliga table in 2-3 years. But i doubt that Podolski will stay in Cologne for the next couple of years, he's really good.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
I would expect Podolski to go to a top flight bundesliga team at the end of the season. As for 1.FC Koln, i think theyll get promoted at the end of the season, but i wouldnt bet on them getting that UEFA cup spot

Tsartas is a great signing for them

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Podolksi is already going a big risk with his decision of staying at Cologne this season.

I dont think whether it was smart. Honourable, maybe... smart? Dunno... being no Cologne fan, but a German, I'd have preferred if one of our very very few decent strikers would go into the last year before Deutschland 06 with a bit more than just 10 1. Bundesliga matches under his belt.

While German 2nd division has certainly quite a high level for 2nd division football, it still stays 2nd division footie.

Therefore I'd prefer if Klinsmann gave Poldi some more playing time in the NT instead of, let's say, Asmaoah, whose effort and grint is appreciated, but that's it.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Psycho said:
Therefore I'd prefer if Klinsmann gave Poldi some more playing time in the NT instead of, let's say, Asmaoah, whose effort and grint is appreciated, but that's it.

I agree, I'd rather have Podolski representing germany than Asamoah

theres no two ways around it, he's not german :D

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Well, he is... so says his passport ;) That's good enough for me.

His skills however are not good enough for me.

And his spoken German is not inferior to Podolski, Klose and Co whose names suggest Polish origins btw ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Tsartas is an interesting signing. He is slow as a turtle and incredibly lazy, but he has a magical left foot.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Psycho said:
And his spoken German is not inferior to Podolski, Klose and Co whose names suggest Polish origins btw ;)
Hey, let's not rip on Polish last names here ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts