Xtratime Community banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

· Registered
59,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I actually watched Nurnberg-Werder during midweek as that was being shown live in the poolcafe and Werder despite winning really weren't that good.

Still great to see Bert pull it off and have some more breathing space now :thumbsup:

· Registered
59,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
even though Smolarek scored the winner in injury time, Bert'll be leaving Dortmund at the end of the season :(

Hope we consider him just in case Koeman decides to pack it in between now and then

· Registered
22,787 Posts
tbh van Marwijk deserves to be able to work at a club with some money to spend this time. Look at the clubs he's had: Fortuna, Feyenoord and Dortmund. All were virtually bankrupt or had little cash available for transfers. And look how he performed with them. It would be nice to see how he would do at a club with some funds available.

· Registered
59,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
He's been sacked :depress:

Ottmar Hitzfeld or the Arminia Bielefeld trainer being mentioned as possible sucessors. Case of them being able to get Hitzfeld so they just decided to fire Bert me reckons :rolleyes: perhaps better for Dortmund as Hitzfeld is world class plus Dortmund from the bits I've seen this season have been very poor at times but very harsh on Bert after all the work he's done in the past 2 seasons.

· Registered
59,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
he hardly got a game at here but back then we had some good players. Now he'd get a game (as Huysegems can be unpredictable formwise) but we must remember too he's playing at Dortmund as a centre forward. Here he'd always continue to be seen as a winger cos of the system Dutch sides play.

Wally said:
but yeah he isn't in the class of someone like Rosales.
:embarass: :howler:

· Registered
59,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
nah unfortunately our players're just too stupid to understand how to play 4-4-2 as we saw at the beginning of the season :moan: hence Koeman changing it

Harry and Smoli would definitely link up better than Pi-Air & Ali B did but our midfielders haven't a clue.

· Registered
41,573 Posts
Magic said:
Does anyone at Feyenoord regret letting Ebi leave?
I do man, from the start I was a fan of Ebi's. It's a shame our board never realises what they've got, until the players in question are gone and lighting it up at other teams. It seems to be this club's destiny..:doh:

Too bad for Bert, I respect the guy, but I always had my doubts about his methods.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.