Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
1,806 Posts
I think Smolarek still some of the puinhoop of the Baan era. He's just not good enough, and he's definitely not a good winger. Castelen will probably play for Feyenoord at least 2 more years. So it wouldn't be worth loaning Smolarek out that long. He may not even want to remain in Holland that long.

· Banned
1,806 Posts
Ebi may get new chances if there is a new coach for next season at Feyenoord. That is likely the case. On the other hand, he may well just be a bench-sitter playing the bit-parts again. Coz he isn't a player that Feyenoord desperately needs.

· Banned
1,806 Posts
Rataplan said:
As you may have noticed, 5 goals in 7 games for Ebi so far.

He did really well before his injury but it was downright depressing to see him play after he returned. I couldn't care less when he left.

It seems like we have lost two talents (Ebi and Leo) by injuries. At least I'm glad he's doing well for Dortmund again but that's a 'schrale troost'. :frownani:

I'm sorry but you think we can blame Baan for offering him a contract ?

Like I said, Smolarek was one of the brightest talents within the organization.
Dude, I remember Smolarek getting a couple of fair go's on the right for Feyenoord. And he only played medriocre to poor(matig tot slecht). Now he's suddenly flourishing and you're saying that you knew all a long he was an unpolished diamond? he only showed that for an absolute fraction of a second at Feyenoord, but never really anything special. vdGun now also has a contract at Dortmund. But'll always be the player who couldn't cut it at a consitent level for Ajax.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.