Xtratime Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
41,573 Posts
I must the only person in the world who values skinnylegs :D!

He's a worker, he always either delivers goals or assists and IMO is not less of a player than Castelen. I'd keep Ebi and even give him substantial playing time, but the decision is not up to me.

For his own good and the good of his career, Ebi should move on to a subtopper where he would play week in, week out. Either way, I wish him all the best! :)

· Registered
41,573 Posts
According to the NOS, Dortmund has officially signed Ebi Smolarek. It seems we'll be receiving around 1 million euro's for him.

I wish Ebi all the best, another youthproduct sold for peanuts, but hey at least he didn't go on another bosman.

· Registered
41,573 Posts
I actually long for good ol' Bert sometimes, but then I think back to his 11-man uber alles approach and I quickly snap out of it.

Snoyl and Zuiverloon, they're my hope now, I'd like for a midfielder to break through, but who, Magrao perhaps? If Gullit had a clue about coaching he'd bring in some of our more talented youngsters now, since 4th place is secured and we won't be climbing the table anymore. In other words, we have nothing to lose.

· Registered
41,573 Posts
Smolarek: 'Feyenoord was, is, blijft mijn club'

6/12/2005 23:59

Tot veler verbazing prijkt hij op de tweede plaats van de topscorersranglijst van de Bundesliga. Hij zelf niet. 'Ik wist het', zegt Ebi Smolarek in de nieuwe Voetbal International. 'Maar ik heb het nooit kunnen laten zien.'
De huidige aanvaller van Borussia Dortmund wijst daarbij vooral naar Feyenoord, de club waaraan hij nog altijd zeer gehecht is, maar ook de club waar hij amper aan spelen toe kwam. 'Feyenoord was, is en blijft mijn club en ik wilde maar één ding: daar voetballen en nergens anders.'

'Waar ik niet om kan lachen is dat ik daar nu niet speel. Dat doet me ontzettend veel pijn. Ik was daar nog lang niet klaar. Natuurlijk sta ik nu in het Poolse elftal, ga ik straks naar het WK en ben ik tweede op de topscorerslijst van de Bundesliga. Maar mijn keuze was het niet.'

In VI nummer 49 vertelt Smolarek uitgebreid over zijn liefde voor Feyenoord en wat er zijn inziens de laatste jaren misging, en over zijn huidige status in Duitsland. Klik hier voorde inhoud van VI nummer 49.

:proud:

Why did ever let him go? He has heart and loves the club, this is the type of player that belongs in Rotterdam and now he's tearing up the Bundesliga.

· Registered
41,573 Posts
Gullit deserved a group beating, not a farewell, he still does actually. ;)

Ebi clearly loves Feyenoord and if he keeps on developing and we have the chance one day to bring him back, I say why not. :stuckup:

· Registered
41,573 Posts
Magic said:
Does anyone at Feyenoord regret letting Ebi leave?
I do man, from the start I was a fan of Ebi's. It's a shame our board never realises what they've got, until the players in question are gone and lighting it up at other teams. It seems to be this club's destiny..:doh:

Too bad for Bert, I respect the guy, but I always had my doubts about his methods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.