Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am proud over the fact that Lazio even though out of the CL has established itself among the great soccer teams in the world.

But just imagine how it could have been if the greedy president hadn't sold Vieri. The least thing he could have done was to buy a real replacement. Credits to Simone but we really needed another one too.

This team is great and I honestly believe that we will kick some seroius ass next season if most of the players are kept.

Credits to Eriksson- He is only the coach and have done a great job bringing Lazio to the top (almost). He can't be blamed for our attackers incredible misses throughout the whole season.

Credits to the whole team except Salas and Bokic- The team is superb if you don't look at the performance of the attckers. Especially Bokic and Salas hasn't played at their full potential and must partially be blamed for us not grabbing a title.

No creds to Cragnotti- Bringing Veron to Lazio was good but beeing so naiv to think that you can replace Vieri by Simone Inzaghi and that Bokic is still great calls for a reality check. He won't make that mistake for next season for sure.

Forza Lazio, the scudetto isn't impossible!

------------------

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think that if there is someone that should be thanked for taking Lazio to the top of the world football, it is CRAGNOTTI !

He sold Vieri, We and probably Cragnotti himself regrets that but what the hell...he can't do everything right.

Forza Lazio

[This message has been edited by AngeloB (edited 18-04-2000).]

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
He sold Vieri for £32mil - you guys were ripped off!!! (not).
Vieri is a great player.....when fit.
Would you buy him back now for £32mil if the oppurtunity arose??

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Maybe Nesta couldn't have played in Valencia, but in that case the trainings and other preparations for that match should have been different. (excluding Nesta) One thing is clear, the defence was f**k up because of this last minute change.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH!!! This topic really SUCKS!? Here we go again... Something HORRIBLE happens and we start to blame persons again!!!

Try to remember it's never just one particular person's fault! Lazio is NOT just Cragnotti. There are also a coach and a few players involved, am I right?
Besides, where would we be without him/his wallet? NOWHERE!

So, we got kicked out of Champs League TONIGHT because he sold Vieri ONE YEAR ago?? You're the one who needs a reality check!!!
I think this team has got enough capacity even WITHOUT Vieri! Try this for a change:
1. We just weren't lucky;
2. Valencia was too strong.

He probably sold Vieri because he needed the money to buy a few extra players... I that so hard to understand?

WHY do we keep on talking about that guy?? HE'S NO LONGER WITH US! GET OVER IT!

LAZIO, esisti SOLO tu!
SIAMO SOLO NOI!

Lazia
LAZIALE PER VITA!

[This message has been edited by Lazia (edited 19-04-2000).]

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I know I can't blame anybody here, I just can blame myself why do I chose Lazio as my favorite club ? :( :( :( I'm really really dissapointed now, How come big club such Lazio could be defeated by valencia :( :( :(

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lazia come on, sure we have capacity without Vieri, but it is obviously not near the capacity we would have had with Vieri or another high class attacker in the team.

This is not a reaction of one particular unsuccesful game but of the whole season.
I don't blame the team, I bet they are giving 100 % all the time but I blame the one who compose our squad and that one is undoubtly Cragnotti.

I love Lazio but when a teams attackers score less goals on average than the midfielders something is so wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong but it isn't
Cragnotti who spends cash from his own pocket, as far as I know Lazio noted on Milano and I see no reason not to critizize the one in charge.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Vieri is great player, but just seeing game from the outfield isn't good time.
Just think, Inter bought that player and they can't use him, especially for some important games..... sorry out of track ..

We can't rely on him now who is no longer part of our team. I have to admit that with Vieri might be we are able to pass this CL round.
But also doesn't close the chance that with him we already out in the beginning phase.
So PLEASE don't imagine think that never happened.. from now on we should relay on players (EXCEPT salas) who playing in Lazio.

I wondering guys, do we still have chance for winning the scudetto ? still 4 games ... with 5 points behind .
And for Copa we MUST get it !!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
With the luxoury of hindsight how can you say it was a mistake to sell Vieri. The guy has played 18 games this season !! 18 games and 13 goals for 32£ !!!

Repeat after me - it was a very good thing to sell Vieri, it was a very good thing to sell Vieri.

However it was naive and a gamble to think that Boksic could cover for him :).

Valencia was not to strong for us but they had one great evening at the same time as our worst game of the season - happens.

Nesta had to go out of the game against Perugia on sunday after 30 minutes of play, now do you really think that he could have played the Valencia game 4 days earlier ?? Get a clue.

The team made me proud today and everyone except Salas and Boksic played really really great !! :) Next season we´ll be back and ready for the real challenge.

Forza Lazio !!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Svennis, we don't know if Vieri would have been injured if he had played for us this season, injuries can as you know happen to anyone. But what we know for sure is that he would have scored on many chances that Salas and Bokic missed.

It was NOT a good thing to sell Vieri and I know that deep inside a lot you feel that way too.

So please Svennis repeat after me. It was a bad thing to sell Vieri it was a bad thing to sell Vieri...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
You got 32 million for the guy. You could buy two strikers for that or even Rivaldo. The guy is injury prone and therefore probably would have been injured for Lazio too.
He's also nearing the end of his playing days and has 3 years left of being a great player (if fit). That's 10 mil a season plus his wages. Nice compensation I'd say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts