Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1719777,00.html

If they are paying him $11 million a year and no sign-on fees/bonus, it's a HUGE STEAL.

A player similar to Ballack in talent/fame usually transfered using option 1 (Ruud, Rooney, Robinho, Ronaldo, ZZ, Robben, Essien, etc...) but what if they use option 2?

Option 1: $35 million in transfer fees + $9 mil a year in salary

OR

Option 2: $0 million in transfer fees + $12 mil a year in salary

With option 2, Ballack is better off by $3 million a year.
With option 2, Chelsea is better off by $23 million.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
of course Bosmans are always handy, i wouldn't say it is a HUGE STEAL though, £121,000 is a fortune, and don't forget there will be no sell on fee for a player of Ballack's age, hardly any teams will be able to afford this deal even without the fee.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
I don't get why Chelsea even need him. he is more or less another Lampard in the team. Buts its Chelsea, I shouldn't ask these questions.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
The consideration of the Ageing Makelele... I thought would have been young Mascherano.

IF Ballack really moves over... the Scary Mid would look like

Immediate 2-3 years.

___________Essien (DM)
__Ballack (CM)____Lampard (CM)

Subs DM Makelele, Diarra, (Maniche) | CM Maniche, Guddy, JCole, Geremi

Thats pretty Scary...

·
63,337 Posts
Essien as DM isn't in Makelele's class, i think it will be Essien dropping to the bench, let's face it he hasn't lived up to billing has he?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I thought Essien had been very solid CM, while Replacing injured Makelele was Equally Good. Not that he is in the Pure DM's Class, He has the better tendancy to Move Forward, than passes alone.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Essien as DM isn't in Makelele's class, i think it will be Essien dropping to the bench, let's face it he hasn't lived up to billing has he?
It's very hard to replace Makelele, because he's just SO good. But Essien is eventually going to become great in that position, he has the talent. He's not been exactly dissapointing, but they could have played Scotty Parker and it wouldn't make much difference.

Chelsea needs a bit of creativity and Ballack can offer that. With him and Lampard, Chelsea will have a scary goalscoring midfield.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
As

Pirlo is a Great passer.
Makelele a Great tackler (without much cards)
Xabi Alonso a good bit of Both
Essien is like the Alonso, Emerson Category ( not comparing just simple examples )

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Makelele is not just a good tackler, he's an entire defence of his own... in midfield.

Just look how crap Real Madrid is since he left. I cannot still comprehend why they sold him.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I can't believe how greedy Chelsea are. They are only interested so that their rivals in Europe do not get stronger, how pathetic.

Hopefully Ballack will do what Deco and Walter Samuel did- reject Chelsea and move to Spain.

I still expect Ballack to line-up with Real Madrid next season.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
:D thats good optimism,

but first, who is lining up after Perez ?

·
63,337 Posts
Essien is a jack of all trades but master of none in my book, he gives too many fouls away to ever be as efficient as Makelele, his passing isn't in a player like Alonso's class, he has energy, strength and pace but there is something lacking to make him a top player in my view.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Essien will never be in the same class as Makelele, he just doesn't have that DM instinct. Nobody in the World can anticipate a lose ball quite like Makelele can, that's what makes him so special.

However, Essien still has potential to be a very good CM/DM player thanks to his athleticism, speed and power.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
L-Pheno said:
I can't believe how greedy Chelsea are. They are only interested so that their rivals in Europe do not get stronger, how pathetic.
So Chelsea are stocking up on midfielders. How pathetic. I bet Real Madrid has never done anything of the sort... in attack.

It's just that Chelsea are being bit smart in the market as well, not just incredibly rich.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
I feel Ballack is the perfect player for Chelsea...effective, yes but what a bore :yawn:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
So Chelsea are stocking up on midfielders. How pathetic. I bet Real Madrid has never done anything of the sort... in attack.

It's just that Chelsea are being bit smart in the market as well, not just incredibly rich.
Well, how is this being smart in the market? I don't see anything smart about dishing out £120,000 p/w to a player who's position is more or less already covered by FOUR International-class players (Lampard, Makelele, Gudjohnsen, Essien).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts