Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Man, you can't compare these 2 even tough they wear the same magical number 10 and play the same role!
Platini had this vision that NO ONE had. His passes were magic and he was a goal machine and that is the only part that Zidane doesn't have mainly because Zidane is a team's player...very altruistic whereas Platini despite being a heavenly skilled playmaker was a goal machine as he still is the best goal scorer for France with 42 or 43 i don't exactly remember the exact number but he still is the #1.
Both are great Zidane with better technical skills and Platini with his vision and goal scoring instinct...
Its a tough call....

MERCI LES MECS!
VOUS ETES FABULEUX!

LA VICTOIRE EST EN NOUS!

D

·
0 Posts
It is a tough goal, but Platini is, but in contrast Zidane hasn't reached his prime yet, that will come in the next World Cup.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hasn't reached his prime yet?? What do you mean??
That's why he's better than that loudmouth Platini... Zidane has worldcup and eurocup, compare it with Platini!!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vieira?? no way...
I know he's one of the world class player, but to be a player like Platini or Zidane, you must play like them with high skill and charm people with vision in field!
Vieira is like Davids, strong and has very high enthusiasm!
If there's someone who can compete them is Thierry Henry...:D
Unfortunately, he plays for Arsenal too...:D

D

·
0 Posts
The best years in a players career are usually between 28-29, Zidane is only 27, he could possibly have his best tournament ever in 2002. Platini was good in WC 78, WC 82, but at his teasing best in Euro 84, when he was 29. He was past his best in WC 86, but still reached the semis.

Comparing how many prizes theyv'e won to see who's best is a little bit stupid, many great players in the world have played in major tournaments but never won a trophy.

J

·
0 Posts
Platini is more of a "legend" than Zidane. At least right now. Maybe you should ask that question in ten years.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
should've been VERON:D:D:D
ha..ha.ha..no in my opinion The best must be PLATINI.He is with Maradona,that can scores many goals.Zidane has never been top scorer,while Platini made it,even though he was a playmaker not a striker.but unfortunately they played for rubentus:mad::mad:
zidane only got so much luck that's all

F

·
0 Posts
I don't care about the age...
I just know if a player could lead the team to the glorious victory, then we can regard him as the GREAT!!! And as long as I know, getting a great must be in one's PRIME!!!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Platini is THE best French player ever, he kicked, scored, passed and dribbled better than Zidane. Zidane is defeinitely world player of the year worthy but I think he is abit overrated, just abit though.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your explanation is too simple IL TORO!!
Zidane does the same either, and if I can add, the competition and the athmosphere of football nowadays are more harder than Platini's era!!
Look at Platini in 1980's, along with great players like Tigana and Fernandez, he couldn't make a good result on world cup. Compare it with Zidane, who are the great players in France squad besides Zidane?? ONLY Zidane can be classified as GREAT!! Alone as the great he could lead the team to get two major cup in football!!
That's why I said Zidane is better than "loudmouth" Platini!!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Bodat, you're funny!
"Compare it with Zidane, who are the great players in France squad besides Zidane?? ONLY Zidane can be classified as GREAT!! Alone as the great he could lead the team to get two major cup in football!!" I mean how can you say that?
Do you watch ther french national team play????????????
I mean if you don't i could understand, but if you do and i guess you do, :) how on earth can you possibly say such an abberation????
That's the biggest nonsense and proof of ignorance i've read and seen from you.
Maybe you were drunk when you said that, and in that case i could understand it.

So please dear Bodat, stop staying such nonsenses....

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
It's such a tough call because I wasn't old enough to remember watching Platini in 82 I cannot say who is better, but my father's friend told me that Platini was one of the best ever, in 82 he scored 9 goals (a championship record) and he scored them with his left, right feet, head, from freekicks, you name it. And he was a midfielder. The only thing that I think is appropriate to say about Zidane in comparison to Platini is that Zizou is the new Platini. They are both players that mean the world (and it Zidane's case Europe :)) to the French national team.

In terms of accomplishments, Zidane leads the charge with a World Cup, European Champion, 2 Scuedetto's, Italiano Supercup, and a World Club cup. As far as personal achievements he was named the FIFA World Player of the Year once (soon to be twice) and FIFA/UEFA European Player of the Year once.

Can someone post the achivements Platini achived please? :) :)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Eclipse, you have perfectly summarized the situation!
Here are some of the major achievements of "Platoche" his nick name in France.

French Cup 78 (Nancy)
French Champion 81 (St-Etienne)
Coppa Italia 83 (Juve)
Scudetto 84, 85 (Juve)
Cup Winners' Cup 84 (Juve)
European Super Cup 84 (Juve)
Champions Cup 85 (Juve)
Clubs Intercontinental Cup 85 (Juve)
Euro 84 (France)
Nations Intercontinental Cup 85(France)
European and World Player of the Year, 83, 84, 85
Serie A's best scorer 83(16 goals); 84 (20 goals); 85 (18 goals).
28 goals in European club matches
72 caps, 41 times as the captain and 43 goals
43 goals for the French national team

Platini as the National coach of France:
From November 89 to July 92:
16 wins, 8 ties and 5 losses
Won all 9 games of the Euro 92 qualifications.

Hum...not too bad!:)

Platini is the best french player of all time and one of the top 5 of all times...Zidane still has a lot to go to be at the level of "Il Maestro" and has the potential to do it!
Allez Zizou!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Wow!

Ok, I never realized how much Platini has actually accomplished. Besides the World Cup he won EVERYTHING. That list is amazing. I hope Zizou can be regarded one day in the same sentance as Platini.

Merci Ziziou et Platoche.

E

·
0 Posts
Plantini Is DEFINITLEY BETTER

:cool: Zidane is definitley not the better player -- yes he is good but lets all face it if he hadn't scored those two goals (which I agree were great) everybody wouldn't think he was nearly as good. He didn't win the World Cup FOR France, the French National Team won it for France. Nobody in the USA would know him if he didn't score those two goals. Platini on the other hand was a brilliant player, he is the all time leading goal scorer on the French National Team, a wonderful dribbler, and is a great team player which he doesn't get enough credit for. Anyway in about 10 years I'll be on the USA National Team and we'll kick France's butt :cool: and you know what YOU ALL WILL SEE ME THERE HOLDING THE WORLD CUP IN MY HANDS

JUSTIN

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
USA?? What is the connection between USA and Zizou?? :confused:
So, did the USA people know about Platini??
How come they knew about him, when at that time soccer was not more famous than now!!!

Anyway, I hope all of your dream can be true!!! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts