Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Norwegians! I've just posted a similar topic in the Swedish forum, and what I want to say is I have a project, which is to try and make more connection between the Nordic, Norwegian and Swedish forum, and I'll try and help it through an at the same time interesting discussion.

One thing that always can be discussed is the greatness of the past, because it's always nice to swell on former glory :proud:. I'd like to make a discussion, that'll end up, in quite some time, in a voting to victory on being heralled as the greatest Nordic player through the times by us experts ;). Now, I've given this quite some thought, and I'm thinking that one might be too little, and maybe we should vote for the greatest from each country, and THEN the greatest of them all :)?

Now I need some help from you with you nominating the greatest Norwegian players through time. I want you to mention like the lsat 50 years, up to Mykland and who you think are worthy :happy:! I'm sure it'll be a hot discussion: Myggen, Laudrup, Nordahl, etc?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i think Solskier.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
426 Posts
No, not Solskjær. In these days it would be Ebbe Sand or Henrik Larsson. You got it wrong. Barcelona is the team we love to hate.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orange and Jinxter, would you please fast write down who you rate as the best Norwegian player, because I can't find your old answers. Thanx :). And just one.

Daniel

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Jinxter:
Well, the obvious Norwegian choices are Jørn Andersen, Rune Bratseth, Per Bredesen, Harald Berg, Odd Iversen, Roald "Kniksen" "all hail the mighty Kniksen" Jensen (gogo Kniksen btw ), Ole Gunnar Solskjær, Hallvar Thoresen...

How many were we supposed to nominate? I'll have a chat with Orange about the Norwegian choices.

Orange:
I would like to put forward Tom Lund, Åge Hareide and Erik Thorstvedt, and I question Jørn Andersen being put into the discussion. It's a bit difficult to know a lot about the best footballers from the 60s -70s or especially before that, but Berg, Kniksen and Bredesen are unquestionable.

Apart from this, many of the best players of the 90s have been good, since Norwegian football reached its modern time climax then

Jinxter:
Yeah, I had Thorstvedt and Lund at my list, as well as Pesen, but figured the list was getting a tad long, so had to remove some.

And there's been several great players in the 90s, but few that stand out as much as guys like Kniksen and Bredesen.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Well I agree with Jinxter I guess....although I have never lived with the two players, it seems as if most Norwegians rate Kniksen and Bredesen very highly.

Personally for me, Hallvar Thoresen and Rune Bratseth have been the best. Even Thoresen is too old for me to have seen him much, but I remember that he was a big international star, and also the leader of the Norwegian national team unlike anyone before or after, and Bratseth was a world class defender in the early 90s.

They are all from different decades though, and very different players, how can we possibly compare them?

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
yes, the problem with Norway is we don't have one clear best player.. Like Michael Laudrup of Denmark. And our probably best ones played before most here at this forum was born :)

One player I seem to have forgotten is Arne Brustad, the top striker for the team that won the Olympic bronze medal after whupping German's butt in the tournament :) Scored 5 goals in the Olympics, including a hat-trick against Poland. He's also the only Norwegian to play for the Europe-team, which consisted of the best players from Europe back in ancient times.

Per Bredesen.
Italian League Champion 57. 18 caps and 7 goals for the NT. The reason he's got so few games for the NT is cause pros weren't allowed to play for the NT in the old days :D

Rune Bratseth
Stopper/Liebero. Bundesliga Champion in 1988 and 1993. German Cup Champion in 91 & 94. Cupwinnerscup champion in 1992. 60 caps and 4 goals for the NT.

Hallvar Thoresen
Midfielder. Dutch Cupwinner in 78. Dutch League champ in 85-86, 86-87, 87-88. European Cup champ in 88. Captain for PSV 84-86. 50 caps and 9 goals for the NT.

Harald Berg
Striker. Norwegian League Champion in 69. Cup Champion 67. 43 Caps, 12 goals for the NT.

Roald "Kniksen" Jensen
Norwegian League Champ in 62 & 63. 31 caps for the NT. 25 of them before turning 21 :cool: He suffered the same fate as Bredesen, since he was a pro player in Hearts of Meredian, he didn't get selected for the NT which consisted just of amateurs.

Okay, I got bored now.. Can write a little about the rest of the players, unless Orange does it :angel:, later on :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts