Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let's hear your thoughts on the greatest goal ever,A real hard thing to decide upon.But more of the classics include Diego maradona's brilliant goal in the 86 World Cup,marco van Basten in the 88 European Cup final,Roberto baggio's briliant goal vs Czechoslovakia in the Italia 90 World Cup.
There are so many to mention tell us your favourite. ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
My favorite is probably Karagounis's goal for Greece in the starting of the Euro 2004. Also, vieri's goal against norway in 98 wc

my other favorites are baggio's goal vs. czech in italia 90 that was class pure class

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Luc Nilis against KV Mechelen. Sombreroed it passed Ingesson and then 15 meters outside of the box he volleyed it in the topcorner. Michel Preud'homme stood in goal, but could only look at it. Magical stuff.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I just love that Almeyda goal (pretty sure it was for Lazio, but I can't remember who against) where he belted a volley from half-way, near the touchline. Or of course G. Weah's pitch-length ballet for Milan.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Had Ariola's goal (hope the spelling's right) for Bilbao against RM stood, it would have been a real great goal... Coming from the flank .. and from way down and beating Casillas comprehensively, would have been a great goal ... but ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carlos Alberto scoring the 4th in the 1970 World Cup Final and hearing the BBC Commentator shriek "that was SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER Delightful Football"

just class.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dubh-ban said:
I just love that Almeyda goal (pretty sure it was for Lazio, but I can't remember who against) where he belted a volley from half-way, near the touchline. Or of course G. Weah's pitch-length ballet for Milan.
It was against Parma I remember that he just thumped it from over 30 yards out on the volley,it was a real screamer.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Roberto Carlos free kick for Brazil, forget who it was against.

On an Irish note i'd go for Ray Houghton's goal against Italy at USA 94 ;)

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Bohemian Celtic said:
Roberto Carlos free kick for Brazil, forget who it was against.
It was against France in 98, few months before the world cup...

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Maradona vs England in 86
Van Basten vs USSR in 88

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks dusak you just reminded me of Ronnie Whealans goal against the USSR in 88, what a peach :thumbsup:

·
Registered
865 Posts
My personal favorites are Bergkamp's 2 goals against Argentina and Newcastle. Van Basten's phantom goal also deserves a mention.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts