Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not being a watcher of la liga, and having little interst in the cl, when milan arnt in it. the semi final vs. barca was my first glimpse of spanish football this year.

And u call it free-flowing? Exctiing?

I must say the game left dozing of at the 70-th minute, my mom woke me up for dinner. in all honesty madrid were hyped as the team that plays "the beatiful game" beautifuly but that game was really ugly. all long range shooting from barca, and real just defended.

Your class of individuals was best hsown, in the goal of zizu's (raul's pass was perfect) and the leading up to macca's goal, yet it was all individual brilliance.

I contrated this match with next day's gripping semi-final between Man U and Leverkusen. which i must say was one of the best gmaes i have seen in a long time. leverkusen to me were playing, to all they hype that is given to real, they were dominating, imposing, and beautiful. Apart from a few bad long range efforts, leverkusen played all out attacking, football, going for every all, and crunching into every tackle.
They had all the spirit and teamwork, i expected from real.

It may have been an off night- buit the "big game" was a dud, the goals were neat, but in essence madrid cheated barca out of a victory. barca deserved it but real got it.

Maybe real is a truly great team, beating barca, whilst it not being a victory in the truiest sense of the word. where as leverkusen drew, but won the hearts of millions of fans, and showed us the "beautiful game"

P.s. posted this in a new thread cause its a contrasting two games, and not a summary of the barca game. hope micke and co dont mind...aw who cares anyways :tongue:

Lav

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
The Bayen Labs has just created a new pill for insomia,
and they named AC Milan
wonder why

:tongue:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Lav said:
Not being a watcher of la liga, and having little interst in the cl, when milan arnt in it. the semi final vs. barca was my first glimpse of spanish football this year.

I must say the game left dozing of at the 70-th minute, my mom woke me up for dinner. in all honesty madrid were hyped as the team that plays "the beatiful game" beautifuly but that game was really ugly. all long range shooting from barca, and real just defended.

Your class of individuals was best hsown, in the goal of zizu's (raul's pass was perfect) and the leading up to macca's goal, yet it was all individual brilliance.

I contrated this match with next day's gripping semi-final between Man U and Leverkusen. which i must say was one of the best gmaes i have seen in a long time. leverkusen to me were playing, to all they hype that is given to real, they were dominating, imposing, and beautiful. Apart from a few bad long range efforts, leverkusen played all out attacking, football, going for every all, and crunching into every tackle.

It may have been an off night- buit the "big game" was a dud, the goals were neat, but in essence madrid cheated barca out of a victory. barca deserved it but real got it.

Maybe real is a truly great team, beating barca, whilst it not being a victory in the truiest sense of the word. where as leverkusen drew, but won the hearts of millions of fans, and showed us the "beautiful game"

P.s. posted this in a new thread cause its a contrasting two games, and not a summary of the barca game. hope micke and co dont mind...aw who cares anyways :tongue:

Lav
What? :eek: That game had everything. Excitement, passion and intensity it was all there. There were so many chances from both sides and i have no clue what you mean by that Real just defended. They defender more than usual but its not like we had all 11 players at our own half. Its not our fault that we have better finishers than Barca, we also missed clear cut chances especially the ones by Guti. I dont know man but personally i thought the Real-Barca game better than the Bayer-Utd game which at times was just boring. I guess its just a matter of taste. Salud.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
man,is this a new trend?:D You know,naming the topic something nice to attract us all,only for us to find that the content of the post is contradictory to the title?:cry:

Originally posted by Lav

This is quite obvious from what you have to say.:)I think you have very little sense of what constitutes a Real-Barca game.It is not billed as such a huge game because you're gonna see the most beautiful football in it.Infact,which deadly rivalry throws up beautiful football games?Consistently?There's an odd one here and there,but consistently,no.It's the same with Real-Barca.The stakes are so high,you'll almost never see the away team go out and attack.So rarely will you see a game full of flowing attacking football.You are a Milan fan,when was the last time the Milan derby threw up a thrilling encounter with open,flowing football?That 2-2 2 years ago is about it,and that game ,although thrilling,could not be termed as a great game of football the way you seem to define it.

I am not gonna argue with the point you make about Real relying on individual brilliance over teamwork,because that is true to quite an extent.Although the context in which you make that observation is stupid to say the least.Because the game against Barca was a team effort.The team had a plan,to let Barca come at them early,soak the pressure,and then later if possible hit them on the break and deliver the suckerpunch.And the team as a whole executed it perfectly.

Real created 6-7 goalscoring opportunities(clear cut).Not too bad for a team 'just' defending as you say,is it?

originally posted by Lav

the "big game" was a dud, the goals were neat, but in essence madrid cheated barca out of a victory. barca deserved it but real got it.
This is simply because ,I am sorry to say it, your understanding of football is not deep enough to grasp the wisdom,beauty and efficiency of the classic counterattacking game.All I am gonna say is,Real played the perfect counterattacking game on Tuesday,and I am not really in the mood to explain to you in detail what are the reasons behind it,because you probably wouldn't understand anyway.It is nothing to worry about though,because when I was a kid who didn't understand football as well,the only type of football that made sense to me and appealed to me was all out attacking football.

Originally posted by Lav

the semi final vs. barca was my first glimpse of spanish football this year.

If YOUR answer to the two questions you pose is NO and NO,I can only advise you to watch Spanish football more.I must say,it sounds EXTREMELY comedic coming from a Serie A fan.:eekani::D

I appreciate Serie A and what the game in Italy is all about,but really,for you to knock la Liga in those two respects,'excitement' and 'free flowing football' is just ridiculous.I am beginning to wonder if you even watch Serie A ,or any kind of football at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man, aren't we all stupid for following a boring [email protected] team!:D
Seriously, a supporter of an Italian club complaining about defensive counterattacking football is just too rich!

I then realized that he's from Miami, Fla.
I wonder how much Italian football this guy's ever seen?

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
hahhahahahahha :) you must be kidding man! u, a milan fan complaining about the free-flowing and excitement in football.. please... its even ridiculous to ask that.. I can straight away see that you have never watched a spanish liga game which makes me wonder if you ever watched football at all... just to tell you so u dont miss it, there is the world cup this summer which comes every 4 years and France are the world cup holders which means that they reached the final and won the world cup against brazil 3-0 in 1998, two goals from zizou and one from petit, oh sorry, u probably would ask urself, who's zizou, its Zinedine Zidane. u're also probably wondering why is zidane playing in two teams, its coz a player plays for a club team, like zizou in this case, Real Madrid and then plays for his national Team, France. :tongue: BTW we're not talking about American Football, but soccer!!! :) ;) :D :tongue: :D can u tell the difference? ;)
hey lestat or micke, close this stupid thread for god's sakes......

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Daopica said:
hahhahahahahha :) you must be kidding man! u, a milan fan complaining about the free-flowing and excitement in football.. please... its even ridiculous to ask that.. I can straight away see that you have never watched a spanish liga game which makes me wonder if you ever watched football at all... just to tell you so u dont miss it, there is the world cup this summer which comes every 4 years and France are the world cup holders which means that they reached the final and won the world cup against brazil 3-0 in 1998, two goals from zizou and one from petit, oh sorry, u probably would ask urself, who's zizou, its Zinedine Zidane. u're also probably wondering why is zidane playing in two teams, its coz a player plays for a club team, like zizou in this case, Real Madrid and then plays for his national Team, France. :tongue: BTW we're not talking about American Football, but soccer!!! :) ;) :D :tongue: :D can u tell the difference? ;)
hey lestat or micke, close this stupid thread for god's sakes......
BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Lav said:

Lav
Wow i never thought i should defend REAL but this time ill do it.
This guy have not seen so many games so people cant we help him by copy our best games moments in European football on all levels and send the copied tapes to this poor uneduacated guy in MIAMI.

Or what do you think???

I also want to know from the poor guy himself how much football he really see he saw two good games on TV and even more will come this summer.

Look at games in a season from differetn leagues then he can sum up whats hot and whats not in the footballworld better than he can do after seeing two games :D :D :D

G

·
Lav said:

I must say the game left dozing of at the 70-th minute

Lav

I'm confused by your post Lav...How can a person who watches Serie A football complain about the Barca-Real game let alone judging two teams and the Spanish league in your first glimpse of Spanish football probably ever.

I bet the Serie A has wonderful free-flowing football doesn't it? :howler:

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
We are talking about what could be the greatest rivalry in sports. Real-Barca. And you expect nice beautifull flowing football? It's evident that you've never seen La Liga, ever. 1st of all, if you wanted to see the usual Real who plays beautifull football, i'm sorry. They're not going to go out all fancy in the 1st leg away at Camp Nou. Just well exicuted counter attack at its best. If you want to see beautifull football, dig up some tapes of what we did to your Serie A "Giants" Lazio and Roma, how we disposed of them.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Lav, shame you didnt watch the Bayern game when we played at home, you would have loved the defending by Bayern. hahahhahah Just kidding mate.

With all due respect some of your statement are laughable, we cheated Barca out of victory or is it becoz we took our chances and they didnt. Chances wise we had more and better chances to score while Barcc had all the pressure in the first half. Also this is football, it happens, when did you start watching football, 2 weeks ago? Life is full of injustices just like football and maybe a draw would have been more fair but do we give an f? Beating Barca is great whichever way you do it, think of the Milan derbies.

Sounds like youre saying that there was only individual brilliance and no team effort???? Duuuuh! I dont understand what you mean so maybe you can explain. Individual brilliance wins you games especially when they are tight, imagine taking Van Basten or Savicevic away from Milan's history.

Lastly dont judge us on 1 game against our biggest rivals away from home.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
What a familiar tone.. this post.. :eek: Remember those SerieA argument threads!! Terms "just defended", "individual brilliance" just reminded me of catenaccio!

I must say the game left dozing of at the 70-th minute, my mom woke me up for dinner
So I guess your mum has been waking you up for dinner every weekend, isn't it? :D ...oh, oh! I forgot those midweek Copa Italia matches! :tongue: Gosh! Won't Mom be REAL relieved to know that she can rest in few weeks' time? :rollani: Nice Mother's Day's gift you got for her! :D

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Man, I would add something, but everyone said everything that needed to be said. I don't think this guy is coming back. Wow, he got thrashed! That it is humerous, a seria A fan commenting on exciting and free flowing football. Mabye, he's been watching la LIga all along and he though it was Seria A. :)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well its nice to know that madrid's fans are also the most condescending pricks on XT, cepta few.

First off, the way in which the "great la liga" is described as attacking, and all. i am saying u failed to LIVE up to the hype. Quite frankly it wasnt impressive to say the least.

Second of all the "seria a fan = reatrd" style comments. 1. i appriciate italian football cause to me its the ebst out there. 2. i watch it because a good (NOT GREAT, just GOOD) seria a game in my eyes is better than 4-5 thrilller. now u briong the milan derby up. well the last 3 scorelines reaed. 6-1 to milan, 4-2, to milan and 1-0 to inter.

The fact that milan plays ****e football, is irrelevant, i know that and so does everyone cept our bald man in charge. Real are billed as the best, so i expected something to that extent, the delivry was far-below the hype.

Maybe the insults to another fan's knowledge, once he knock's your team a little, is what you build your reply's on...good to know, will makje my ventures into here all the fewer.

Some of you here are pricks, who cant admit your team got lucky, and thanks to a falsh of brilliance, or two, rather. you got 2wice more than u expected. In nay case i hope u make it to the final, cause barca, are ****e. and they dont derve a cl final. but with all that said, i will be donning bayer colour come that day.

Lav

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Hmmm, maybe its time you start to think about who is hyping what here. Take a look at these points:

1.CL semi first leg
2.vs your nemesis
3.AWAY in their stadium

Under these circumstances, what team in the entire world right now would play a nice free flowing football, and most importantly- even win the game? Isnt it so that YOU expect too much from Real?

We managed to break a spell that has lasted for 19 years and virtually secured a CL final spot. Look Lav, you are my buddy but i understand these people who you call "condescending pricks" when they get :confused: by this topic...

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Some of you here are pricks, who cant admit your team got lucky, and thanks to a falsh of brilliance, or two, rather

It's actually called counter attacking, not flash of brilliance or luck. Besides what do you expect man. You post a sarcastic posting called "The great real", and then you start bashing our team.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Micke,
comapring real to barca, is not fair, barca is a weak team all over.
they are in the semi's due to some sort of miracle.
Sure they may be rivals but they are not imposing, they were afraid to venture into the box, they just shot from long range.

Now on your reply who owuld attack away vs the enemy
Maldini's milan, took inter out 6-1. terim's milan took nter out 4-2. is thaa freeflowing enough. i belive serghino was constantly with the ball, giving nightmares, to the inter defence.

I am not taking away from your win, sure it was a momentous occasiopn, i was just expecting to see a Real that was DOMINATING, IMPOSING, a eal that would make BARCA thier *****. where as u guys were the *****, who managed to bite barc's **** twice and get away with it.

Lav

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I never compared Real to Barca as a team, cause clearly Real is a much better team then them :) I was bringing up the psychologial and of course tactical aspects of this game. Under the circumstances we played, who the hell would attempt to play offensive in the first place?

Well as you know i dont agree with Inter vs Milan being the same sort of match as Real vs Barca. Try Milan vs Juve or something instead, if they met in a CL semi- do you think Milan would try and dominate them in Turin? (And all this is hypothetical with Real and Barca right now as the templates for the example).

And at your last statement, i would like you to take a look at the Bayern away game this season. We clearly dominated there, but still lost 2-1, it was very frustrating but it was a simple lesson of that "results count, not how you got them"...

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well micke we talked bout this on MSN, but i consder Milan-Inter to be more like Real-Barca.

Its the biuggest match for both teams, rather win that game both times, than any other.

Well i havnt seen the bayern gmaes buso i wont comment save that bayern always sit back on thier asses, real dont. so this is my main promblem.

Lav

1 - 20 of 26 Posts