Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having begun his professional career a decade before Pele did , Di never starred on worldwide television. Unlike pele , a star on 3 worldcup Brazilian teams that won 3 worldcup titles. Di never played in the worldcup.

The rise of realMadrid in the mid-50s coincided with the arrival of Di from South America , where he starred in his native Argentina for RiverPlate and in the CLs' cup , better known as the European Cup.

RealMadrid won the first five titles , and Di scored in each ogf the finals. Di led RealMadrid to 8 titles in 11 seasons , won the 'Pichichi' awarded to the league's top scorer 5 times and was also named its top player 5 times

Is he underrated and where do you rank him?

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
He is one of the 5th football Kings.

Di Stefano, Pele, Cruyff, Maradona, and Ronaldo.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
was there a poll on some site that crowned these football kings officially ?.....im not trying to be a smartass either.....id like to know if its some FIFA official list or something...you love that list so much lol :D

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
5 Kings and their heritors...
INTRODUCTION

Five have been the Football Kings. Each dominated their decades with their flair, genius, quality, magic, and creativity.

Alfredo Di Stéfano, Edson Arantes do Nascimento "Pelé", Johan Cruyff, Diego Armando Maradona and Luiz Nazario de Lima "Ronaldo". Have already entered and secured their places in The Pantheon of Football Gods.

Youngsters of today, have little acknowledgement of the greatness of Alfredo Di Stefano, Pelé, and Cruyff. Some may not even know who they are, which IMO is a complete shame and pitty. Some may remember Maradona's greatness of the 80's- mid early 90's and others are witnessing Ronaldo's coronation as we speak mid 90's - currentl present but have no idea regarding the past 3 Football Kings who came before them.

Unfortunately for the youth of today, it does not get any easier. Now it seems as every every year, a new Football-Star is born. Great players like (Zidane, Del Piero, Rivaldo, Beckham, Diego, Robinho, Saviola, Raul, Riquelme, Owen, Aimar, Ronaldihno Gaucho, Rooney, D' Alessandro, Chivu, Adu etc) are headlining the papers nowadays. However, none of these great players, have achieved what the 5 Kings of Football have achieved. The Five Kings of Football made people get up out of their seats and applaud them each and everytime. They were ICONS, MYTHS, and LEGENDS. What separates these KINGS from other TITANS of the game is the fact that these men were able to STOP a CIVIL WAR at least for 90 minutes, have a RELIGION named after them, or miraculously coming back from the dead like Lazarus "Literally speaking" from a career threatening injury.

Here is the list of the 5 Kings of Footballs and their heritors...(Note: Complete Profile on the 5 Kings only "soon to come").

Kings:
Di Stéfano, Pelé, Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldo

Princes: Garrincha, Platini, Maldini, Moore, Beckenbauer, Baresi, Yashin.

Knights: Banks, Fachetti, Eusebio, Puskas, Best, Zico, Rivelino, Zidane, Romário, Van Basten, Thuram, Didi, Roberto Carlos, Djalma Santos, Nilton Santos, Carlos Alberto, Passarella, Charlton, Rivaldo, Zoff, Baggio, Figueroa, Muller, Rivera.

Peons: Raul, Nesta, Krol, Matthäus, Schiaffino, Jairzinho, Meazza, Breitner, Kocsis, Fontaine, Gento, Cafu, Keegan, Laudrup, Cubillas, Kempes, Kopa, Butragueño, Moreno, Fillol, Ardiles, Gerson, Clodoaldo, Jairzinho, Klinsman, Seeler, Batistuta, Keegan, Gullit, Rummenigge etc.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Maldini03 said:
INTRODUCTION

Five have been the Football Kings. Each dominated their decades with their flair, genius, quality, magic, and creativity.

Alfredo Di St馡no, Edson Arantes do Nascimento "Pel馱uot;, Johan Cruyff, Diego Armando Maradona and Luiz Nazario de Lima "Ronaldo". Have already entered and secured their places in The Pantheon of Football Gods.

Youngsters of today, have little acknowledgement of the greatness of Alfredo Di Stefano, Pelé¬_and Cruyff. Some may not even know who they are, which IMO is a complete shame and pitty. Some may remember Maradona's greatness of the 80's- mid early 90's and others are witnessing Ronaldo's coronation as we speak mid 90's - currentl present but have no idea regarding the past 3 Football Kings who came before them.

Unfortunately for the youth of today, it does not get any easier. Now it seems as every every year, a new Football-Star is born. Great players like (Zidane, Del Piero, Rivaldo, Beckham, Diego, Robinho, Saviola, Raul, Riquelme, Owen, Aimar, Ronaldihno Gaucho, Rooney, D' Alessandro, Chivu, Adu etc) are headlining the papers nowadays. However, none of these great players, have achieved what the 5 Kings of Football have achieved. The Five Kings of Football made people get up out of their seats and applaud them each and everytime. They were ICONS, MYTHS, and LEGENDS. What separates these KINGS from other TITANS of the game is the fact that these men were able to STOP a CIVIL WAR at least for 90 minutes, have a RELIGION named after them, or miraculously coming back from the dead like Lazarus "Literally speaking" from a career threatening injury.

Here is the list of the 5 Kings of Footballs and their heritors...(Note: Complete Profile on the 5 Kings only "soon to come").

Kings:
Di St馡no, Pelé¬_Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldo

Princes: Garrincha, Platini, Maldini, Moore, Beckenbauer, Baresi, Yashin.

Knights: Banks, Fachetti, Eusebio, Puskas, Best, Zico, Rivelino, Zidane, RomᲩo, Van Basten, Thuram, Didi, Roberto Carlos, Djalma Santos, Nilton Santos, Carlos Alberto, Passarella, Charlton, Rivaldo, Zoff, Baggio, Figueroa, Muller, Rivera.

Peons: Raul, Nesta, Krol, Matthäµ³, Schiaffino, Jairzinho, Meazza, Breitner, Kocsis, Fontaine, Gento, Cafu, Keegan, Laudrup, Cubillas, Kempes, Kopa, Butragueñ¯¬_Moreno, Fillol, Ardiles, Gerson, Clodoaldo, Jairzinho, Klinsman, Seeler, Batistuta, Keegan, Gullit, Rummenigge etc.
Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Ronaldo isn't one of the five kings, Zidane is the fifth king.

Di Stefano was amazing, he could do it all. Greatest striker of all time IMO.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ronlado is a great striker, he has a good score mark... but he's not one of the "kings". If Ronaldo is there why not Hugo Sánchez, Puskas, Muller or other super strikers. Even now, Makaay, RVN or Henry can be considered as good as him.

I only have seen Maradona and Ronaldo can't be in the same cathegory. No way. Ronaldo walks and walks and when he has a ball inside the box, he scores almost always... but when Maradona played, he was totally different, another level, he made play to a whole team.

My father, also barcelonista, has told me that Di Stéfano was different. The greatest of his era and probably one of the best ever. He didn't see Pelé, so he said that Di Stéfano is the best player he has ever seen with Maradona... and Cruyff when he wanted to do something.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Maldini03 said:
INTRODUCTION

you write or copy this from somewhere else? :eek:
thx anyway. :tongue:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Garrincha said:
...And now Zidane is better than Platini too? :confused: News to me.
Agreed on that.

I think if there has to be "Kings" theres only four because Ronaldo and Zidane shouldnt be in it and theres nobody on par with the other four.If i had to put one in, it would be either Moore or Beckenbauer.I dont know which one.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
it was a good quick read.....although never seeing a lot of those players it really doesnt mean much to me....although im sure i can find videos of a lot of em i doubt ill ever really know enough to actually say myself they are the players so many people on here , probably people here younger then me also that they are the best of all time....since i brought it up.....anyone know places online i can order videos of some of the great brazilian teams or Holland teams....or better yet,, maybe some BArca videos or club vidoes with some of the great players

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Let me reiterate what some of you have already said, Ronaldo shouldnt be one of the five kings. He's certainly great and he maybe even be the best striker in the world at the moment (which I wouldnt necessarily agree with), he is not in the category of the other players.

I have seen Maradona play. Although I was a little boy back then and I didnt know much about football, I was mesmerised by what I saw. Maradona, in my book is the greatest footballer of all time.

I have seen videos of Pele's goals and stuff, Pele was definitely in a different class from Ronaldo.

I have heard about the other kings and if they were half as good as what they are made out to be then Ronaldo definitely doesnt stand a chance of being one of the kings...neither does Zidane for that matter.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
Todavía le falta para ser un dios

Diego Maradona señaló que Zinedine Zidane no debe ubicarse aún entre los cinco mejores de todos los tiempos

LA HABANA (EFE) -- El ex futbolista argentino Diego Maradona señaló que el mediocampista francés del Real Madrid, Zinedine Zidane, es un gran jugador, pero no debe ubicarse aún entre los cinco mejores de todos los tiempos.

Maradona asistió a la entrega de premios de los deportistas más destacados de Latinoamérica'2003, según la encuesta de la agencia oficial cubana Prensa Latina (Prela), que difundió el viernes sus declaraciones.

"Zidane es un gran jugador", aseguró Maradona, pero añadió que éste "tendrá que recorrer mucho camino aún, aunque tiene gran clase".

En los últimos meses, diferentes medios de prensa y personalidades vinculadas al fútbol se inclinaron por incluir al francés entre los cinco mejores futbolistas del mundo, pero Maradona considera que aún es temprano para ubicarlo entre los "dioses" del fútbol.

Maradona, campeón mundial en México 1986, estimó, por otra parte, que la filosofía del Real Madrid de fichar a las principales estrellas del fútbol mundial beneficia al deporte y obliga a otros a trabajar con la cantera.

El ex capitán de la selección "albiceleste" se refirió al poder que tienen los dueños de los clubes de "hacer lo que quieren para reforzar sus equipos"

"El fútbol sigue siendo el protagonista, el que atrae a las personas, a la gente, y si esos fichajes hacen que muchos sean felices, pues vale", aseguró.

Maradona mencionó al Real Madrid y al inglés Manchester United entre los que tienen mayor cantidad de seguidores en el mundo.

"No creo que ninguno de los dos le haga mal al fútbol, al contrario, lo dos ayudan porque hacen que el más hermoso de todos los deportes tenga más seguidores cada vez", recalcó.

"Los clubes más débiles están obligados a trabajar más con las categorías inferiores para hacerle frente y esa competencia ayuda al fútbol porque desarrolla figuras y hace que salgan grandes jugadores", aseguró Maradona.

El que fuera astro argentino de fútbol recibe tratamiento médico en la clínica especial "La Pradera", situada en las afueras de La Habana desde el 18 de enero de 2000 por su adición a las drogas y problemas cardíacos.

"He encontrado en Cuba la tranquilidad que nunca tuve en ningún lugar del mundo. A pesar de que me faltan mis hijas aquí, todos los días tengo motivos para seguir viviendo, y esto es muy bueno para mi", afirmó Maradona.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
In other words : "Zidane is not good ENOUGH to be called a KING/Football GOD".

He is no where near as the 4 other kings or should I say 5 Kings.

Ronaldo is the winningest footballer in history. Will be remembered as the best striker of all-time (NOT CF). At the age of 27 he has surpassed the great MVB in goals and he has tied Pele with 12 World Cup goals.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Maldini03 said:
In other words : "Zidane is not good ENOUGH to be called a KING/Football GOD".

He is no where near as the 4 other kings or should I say 5 Kings.

Ronaldo is the winningest footballer in history. Will be remembered as the best striker of all-time (NOT CF). At the age of 27 he has surpassed the great MVB in goals and he has tied Pele with 12 World Cup goals.
Milk do me a favour buddy ...

On a scale of 1 to 100 kindly give points to the Five Football Kings according to your standards

e.g Pele 87

List them please. If it's not too much then list the top 10 players of all time in your milky opinion with that points system I mentioned. :tongue:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
you write or copy this from somewhere else?
The 5 King and their heritors was written by Dagoods. Dagoods was vastly influenced by a friend and a few articles.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
On a scale of 1 to 100 kindly give points to the Five Football Kings according to your standards
No Problem.

Dagoods = Ratings

Pele = 100
Maradona = 99
Ronaldo = 98.99999

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts