Xtratime Community banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Bit harsh on Nainggolan, if that's who you meant. Although I felt he needed to go as well. Horribly inconsistent last year.

Perisic was a no-brainer
All three.

Naingolan too much drinking, too unproffesional. Ivan only plays when the stars align every 3 games and the less said about Icardi the better.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Still gutted that we've lost a player like Mauro in such fashion, I think he would have been amazing for Conte's Inter.

The idiot didn't even want to leave ffs but his agent/wife put him in an impossible position, all because she couldn't wait until the summer when he would've got his improved (and deserved) new contract.

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Bit harsh on Nainggolan, if that's who you meant. Although I felt he needed to go as well. Horribly inconsistent last year.

Perisic was a no-brainer
All three.

Naingolan too much drinking, too unproffesional. Ivan only plays when the stars align every 3 games and the less said about Icardi the better.
Agree with all that. Would take Sensi over Nainggolan any day of the week. And twice on Sundays.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Sounded like he just wanted to stay, yeah.

The Juve stuff was probably just press B.S. in the end. I believed CDS/GDS etc and thought they had some elaborate strategy. But no. They couldn't afford to pay cash for Lukaku so probably couldn't afford Icardi either.
juve failing to offload Higuain, Dybala and Mandzukic certainly meant they aren't getting Icardi. And after the goal Higuain scored v Napoli I doubt they regret keeping Gonzalo now. That was some goal.

Icardi wanted to stay at Inter to the extent of trying to force the club to include him in training.. He could simply have accepted sitting in the stands for a year and collecting 4.5 million just to train but he wanted another chance.

Marotta is certainly ruthless but at the end of the day if Marotta helps us win again, that matters more than Icardi or any player for that matter.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
It's done

Let's hope he scores 40 goals this season and PSG pay the 70 million

SKY: ICARDI TO PSG ALL SIGNED AND SORTED
Mauro Icardi has completed his loan move to Paris Saint-Germain, with option to buy from Inter for a reported €70m.

The exact financial details are not announced, but it is a loan with option to buy at the end of the season.
Yeah hopefully.

70million would basically cover the Lukaku fee.

Mind you if it's 70million then that would make Icardi the the highest ever sale in Inter history.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
All three.

The goal of Nainggolan 'the cancer' against Empoli is the reason we will play in the CL against Barca and Dortmund instead of playing in the EL this season.

Perisic has been one of the best wide players in Serie A in the past few seasons. Odd how a club like Bayern would be daft enough to sign a 'cancer'

I certainly don't think a player who leads his country to a World cup final can be called a cancer.

Yes, the less said about a player like Icardi who was Inter's top scorer 5 seasons running and helped the club make 100 million from 2 CL qualifications, the better.

Anyhow they are gone now, no point in insults. And let's not delete any positive thing they did..

Btw Vieri and Adriano used to party, does that make them cancers ? They were very good players for Inter. Even Maicon used to party and drink a lot. Let's not exaggerate.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
The goal of Nainggolan 'the cancer' against Empoli is the reason we will play in the CL against Barca and Dortmund instead of playing in the EL this season.

Perisic has been one of the best wide players in Serie A in the past few seasons. Odd how a club like Bayern would be daft enough to sign a 'cancer'

I certainly don't think a player who leads his country to a World cup final can be called a cancer.

Yes, the less said about a player like Icardi who was Inter's top scorer 5 seasons running and helped the club make 100 million from 2 CL qualifications, the better.

Anyhow they are gone now, no point in insults. And let's not delete any positive thing they did..

Btw Vieri and Adriano used to party, does that make them cancers ? They were very good players for Inter. Even Maicon used to party and drink a lot. Let's not exaggerate.
If he had cared enough to be prepared during the rest of the season we would have been qualified before then...

Yes when he cared to show up every 3 games. Bayern needed a cheap option and kovac is coaching them. Hardly changes the facts that conte & moratta got rid of him due to his attitude...

Icardi: All that means nothing when you fake an injury and refuse to play when your side is in an injury crisis, refuse to keep your agent under control,ect....

Vieri,adriano & maicon: Who had the longer & better careers...Model professionals like zanetti ,maldini,cambiasso,cordoba,ect or the party animals you mentioned...

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
If he had cared enough to be prepared during the rest of the season we would have been qualified before then...

Yes when he cared to show up every 3 games. Bayern needed a cheap option and kovac is coaching them. Hardly changes the facts that conte & moratta got rid of him due to his attitude...

Icardi: All that means nothing when you fake an injury and refuse to play when your side is in an injury crisis, refuse to keep your agent under control,ect....

Vieri,adriano & maicon: Who had the longer & better careers...Model professionals like zanetti ,maldini,cambiasso,cordoba,ect or the party animals you mentioned...
Sure JZ/Cordoba had longer and more successful careers, not sure why we bring them up. But I still wouldn't call Vieri or Maicon or Adriano cancers.

Perisic didn't leave because of his 'attitude', he left because Conte didn't think he can play as a wingback.

Icardi acted like a brat for 2 months but 2 months don't cancel the number of goals/points and the number of times you/me celebrated him scoring an Inter goal.

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #170

I definitely agree with Stefan here. But "cancer" - over the top.

The only "cancer" for me was the Icardi-Wanda-Tiki-Taka combination. Radja was appalling in the first half of the season. You could see the difference in the 2nd half, and now at Cagliari. I would have happily kept him at Inter TBH, but if losing Radja means getting Sensi then it's a complete and utter no-brainer.

BTW there are so many clueless morons (including journos) online who are either mystified by the Icardi saga or think there is some deep conspiracy to the Icardi saga. Some idiot at FI claimed it was all because "Wanda is a woman" :facepalm:

Nainggolan did all these slow learners the courtesy of pointing out the problem: Wanda on Tiki Taka.

Anyone who doesn't understand that, doesn't understand how employment contracts, corporate privacy and non-disclosure work.
If I was working for Google, and I set up a YouTube channel describing indepth how Google management make decisions, criticizing those decisions and talking sh** about my managers and my work colleagues, I would 100000000% expect to be sacked the next day. There is one degree of separation here, in that it's Icardi's agent doing the talking, but if my GF set up a YT channel, and had a weekly rant about my managers, my salary and my treatment, I would expect to be given the chop.

It's a no-brainer.

Wanda would have destroyed the dressing room this season as well. She needed about 5 minutes on the first TikiTaka this season to imply that Steven Zhang wanted to keep Icardi and that Mauro wasn't transfer listed, thus undermining Marotta. She is a conniving, lying ****, simple as that.

Also, funny how Inter's almighty collapse last season coincided with Wanda's TV slot and her talking sh*** about Perisic

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
As for selling Perisic:

The club was obviously willing to keep him if he fitted the system. But his attitude no doubt predisposed Ausilio/Marotta to getting rid of him. The guy asked for a transfer mid-season for Christ's sake....

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
We didn't start last season well to begin with though. And we exited CL and Coppa before this saga iirc.

I doubt Wanda is the reason we dropped from 1st to 4th in 15-16 and 17-18, either. She's not that influential. Just some blonde bimbo talking on TV and the media. But I guess some people are overly sensitive (Perisic apparently told Icardi to tell his wife not to speak about him on tv if I remember correctly)

I remember reading that Icardi and Spalletti clashed after Parma-Inter, so Wanda might even have been a non factor. But I guess we will know more in the future.

The case band - "What happened? Many things have happened. With Spalletti there was a problem in the locker room after Parma-Inter. The coach had scolded his team-mates despite the victory and the player tried to defend them. And a serious problem arises there. The coach discussed with the team, Icardi gets in the way and skips everything. The coach takes away the band and the property is on the side of the coach and cannot do otherwise.
https://www.fcinter1908.it/copertina/biasin-screzio-icardi-spalletti-ecco-cosa-e-successo-suning-non-ha-gradito-che-moratti/

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
We didn't start last season well to begin with though. And we exited CL and Coppa before this saga iirc.

I doubt Wanda is the reason we dropped from 1st to 4th in 15-16 and 17-18, either. She's not that influential. Just some blonde bimbo talking on TV and the media. But I guess some people are overly sensitive (Perisic apparently told Icardi to tell his wife not to speak about him on tv if I remember correctly)

I remember reading that Icardi and Spalletti clashed after Parma-Inter, so Wanda might even have been a non factor. But I guess we will know more in the future.

https://www.fcinter1908.it/copertina/biasin-screzio-icardi-spalletti-ecco-cosa-e-successo-suning-non-ha-gradito-che-moratti/
The CL exit was almost inevitable.

The team was horribly lacking in depth (as I predicted at the start of the season), especially in midfield (Candreva and Valero had to play midfield in that game), and the players were under an insane amount of pressure, which is probably what lead to that Asamoah clanger.

BY the way, I think the current team is majorly lacking in depth upfront, since I view Politano as a winger and Esposito as a primavera player. That's why I thought Rebic should have been signed. But anyway, time will tell.....

Anyway, you're right in that the PSV draw was definitely the start of a slump and negative atmosphere, but remember:

1) the team actually beat Napoli 2 weeks later - probably the 2nd best result of the season (after the Spurs win, even if that performance was awful)

2) Wanda's sh*te-talking clearly took the whole situation to a different level. She turned a bad patch of form into an all-out crisis.

That's how I view it, at least, and I'm basing that assumption on what Nainggolan said

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I definitely agree with Stefan here. But "cancer" - over the top.

The only "cancer" for me was the Icardi-Wanda-Tiki-Taka combination. Radja was appalling in the first half of the season. You could see the difference in the 2nd half, and now at Cagliari. I would have happily kept him at Inter TBH, but if losing Radja means getting Sensi then it's a complete and utter no-brainer.

BTW there are so many clueless morons (including journos) online who are either mystified by the Icardi saga or think there is some deep conspiracy to the Icardi saga. Some idiot at FI claimed it was all because "Wanda is a woman" :facepalm:

Nainggolan did all these slow learners the courtesy of pointing out the problem: Wanda on Tiki Taka.

Anyone who doesn't understand that, doesn't understand how employment contracts, corporate privacy and non-disclosure work.
If I was working for Google, and I set up a YouTube channel describing indepth how Google management make decisions, criticizing those decisions and talking sh** about my managers and my work colleagues, I would 100000000% expect to be sacked the next day. There is one degree of separation here, in that it's Icardi's agent doing the talking, but if my GF set up a YT channel, and had a weekly rant about my managers, my salary and my treatment, I would expect to be given the chop.

It's a no-brainer.

Wanda would have destroyed the dressing room this season as well. She needed about 5 minutes on the first TikiTaka this season to imply that Steven Zhang wanted to keep Icardi and that Mauro wasn't transfer listed, thus undermining Marotta. She is a conniving, lying ****, simple as that.

Also, funny how Inter's almighty collapse last season coincided with Wanda's TV slot and her talking sh*** about Perisic
If you want to use a different word like bad apples,bad influences,ect use that instead. Its still the same point. Conte and Morotta got rid of the three players causing the most disruption.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
I cannot believe that Inter could get 70mil for this idiot and his wife while he is frozen out of the team. That would be excellent business.

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I cannot believe that Inter could get 70mil for this idiot and his wife while he is frozen out of the team. That would be excellent business.
It's a free loan my friend.

Inter haven't got a single penny yet for Icardi.

That's why we're all hoping he bangs in 50 goals for PSG this season.

But seriously, I'm 95% sure they will use their option to sign - Cavani is out of contract in June and there are so few accomplished goalscorers out there they would be mad not to pay 70m for Icardi.

However, the guy has to actually consent to the move, and we all know what a hard-on he has for Italy and the city of Milan in particular. It wouldn't surprise me if rejects PSG and agitates for a move to a Serie A team, whether it be Napoli / Juve / Roma / whoever, although the indication is he isn't very keen on the South.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
It's a free loan my friend.

Inter haven't got a single penny yet for Icardi.

That's why we're all hoping he bangs in 50 goals for PSG this season.

But seriously, I'm 95% sure they will use their option to sign - Cavani is out of contract in June and there are so few accomplished goalscorers out there they would be mad not to pay 70m for Icardi.

However, the guy has to actually consent to the move, and we all know what a hard-on he has for Italy and the city of Milan in particular. It wouldn't surprise me if rejects PSG and agitates for a move to a Serie A team, whether it be Napoli / Juve / Roma / whoever, although the indication is he isn't very keen on the South.
isn't transfer window done now? so he would linger around inter with his wife until january?

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
isn't transfer window done now? so he would linger around inter with his wife until january?
What?

He's gone to PSG till June. For free.

There's a chance that even if PSG use their option to buy, Icardi will not consent to staying in France.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Didn't we get 5mill for the loan? Neither club officially released any figures, though. But I remember reading it was 5mill for the loan and PSG covering Icardi's salary.

161 - 180 of 186 Posts