Xtratime Community banner

141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I witness this soap opera & can only wonder why Marotta is allowing this circus to linger on! Obviously I don't know much, but the optics from a distance suck, big time. I don't think there's anything to salvage for this season, I can't imagine anyone on your roster would welcome back this asshole... Why not dump him already? Is there a plan behind the deafening silence or never-ending wait on the management's side?

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Yeah it's taking a while indeed. On the other hand the Nainggolan and Perisic issues were sorted quicker.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
I witness this soap opera & can only wonder why Marotta is allowing this circus to linger on! Obviously I don't know much, but the optics from a distance suck, big time. I don't think there's anything to salvage for this season, I can't imagine anyone on your roster would welcome back this asshole... Why not dump him already? Is there a plan behind the deafening silence or never-ending wait on the management's side?
I love the optics of this actually. Reunites all fans against one target and makes you feel good about the morality of your club. Distracts from lacklustre results and anyway for the psyche of the team such troublemakers are not great. Killing two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
A very vivid imagination right there, Toni! I don't know how 'dump him' suggests rescinding his contract, but whatever really....

Obviously, a brat like that alongside his agent & a running contract for 2 more years, club has all the leverage they need. Send him to the stands, suspend him from all first team activity, more fines, put him on the market officially. Take your pick.

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Obviously, a brat like that alongside his agent & a running contract for 2 more years, club has all the leverage they need. Send him to the stands, suspend him from all first team activity, more fines, put him on the market officially. Take your pick.
He has sent himself to the stands and suspended himself from first team activities, so there is no need for Inter to do it...

Fines are one thing that are strangely absent from the whole affair. He should be fined heavily.

As for the transfer market - I'm sure he is at least informally up for sale, Inter are just in a bad position to negotiate terms, because a highly problematic player is usually a cheaper player (see: Tevez after his Man City fiasco, Cassano just generally). I'll be amazed if he fetches more than 70 million euros.

Some people are suggesting Inter sue him a la Chelsea and Mutu, but that can't make any financial sense. I'm sure the settlement would be either his remaining wages or his transfer fee (11m euros) or both, but it wouldn't get anywhere near the 50-70 million Inter will get from a sale.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,631 Posts
I might add that freezing Icardi out completely would not be a good idea, since it might end up being the same as rescinding the contract. Just look at the Pandev/Lazio case.

·
Registered
44,974 Posts
Might as well post this here:

If Inter Lose The Derby Spalletti Will Be Replaced By Cambiasso

In today’s paper edition of Rome based newspaper, La Repubblica reports on the future of under fire Inter coach Luciano Spalletti going into tomorrow’s derby della Madonnina.

The newspaper takes for granted that Spalletti will leave after this season, with Antonio Conte, who is currently unemployed, as the favorite to take over ahead of Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri and José Mourinho, who is also currently unemployed after being sacked by Manchester United.

But beware of what can happen, already this season, because should Inter lose the derby against AC Milan tomorrow night at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in Milano’s San Siro district, the former Roma coach could leave already this season.

Should that happen, La Repubblica reports, former Inter player Esteban Cambiasso, who was part of the legendary Treble winning side of 2010, would be the one that leads Inter to the end of this season and together with that responsibility also the responsibility to handle the Icardi case.

https://sempreinter.com/2019/03/16/if-inter-lose-the-derby-spalletti-will-be-replaced-by-cambiasso/

Screw the derby. :D j/k

Can't we win the derby and get Cambiasso anyway? :happy:

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
At this point, this is the absolute best-case scenario. We could not hope for a better outcome than this.

I would snap Florentino Pperez' hand off even at 70 million TBH

Inter set Icardi price?
By Football Italia staff

Real Madrid have reportedly been informed that they can sign Inter striker Mauro Icardi for €80m this summer.

According to AS, Madrid spoke to Icardi’s camp last week and learned they could buy the Argentine for less than his €110m release clause.

The newspaper writes this is providing no-one else comes forward for the 26-year-old, with Los Blancos keen as they are in need of a prolific goalscorer.

The Spaniards would have arranged to link up with Icardi’s inner circle, but the meeting was shelved to make way for Zinedine Zidane’s return.

Nonetheless, AS claims talks were held over the phone instead and that Madrid are ready to capitalise on the hitman’s feud with Inter.

Icardi has scored 15 goals in 28 games this season but has not played since losing the Beneamata’s captaincy on February 13, while he was recently dropped from the Argentina squad.

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports and get your first month free. £5.99 thereafter until September with promo code: ITALIA https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Yeah, take the money from Real and absolutely ****ing run. 80mill is still a huge amount, would be our biggest ever sale.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Wanda Nara has assured Inter and Mauro Icardi are ‘close to finding peace’ but that the striker will only return ‘once he’s fit’.

Icardi has not played for Inter since being stripped of their captaincy on February 13, although the Argentine is allegedly nursing a knee injury.

Nonetheless, Wanda told Tiki Taka on Sunday evening: “Will we meet on Friday? With me no, but the club may very well meet him without me.

“If he meets the Coach then I come in… No, I don’t know. I talked to Marotta, there’s no problem.

“We’re close to finding peace, we’re almost there. Mauro is recovering from a knee injury and hasn’t had a day off until [Sunday] because he wants to get back to his best.

“I talked to Marotta and there are no problems between [Icardi] and his teammates. He’ll be back once he’s fit.

“I’ve heard what the players have said to the Press and none of them said anything [bad]. The problem with people is that they mix Wanda with Icardi, but we’re not the same person.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Icardi drops Inter hints
Football Italia

Mauro Icardi has hinted that he is close to returning for Inter after posting pictures of himself wearing Nerazzurri jerseys.

It was reported earlier that Icardi would resume training with Inter on Thursday, six weeks after he was stripped of the captaincy and last made a first-team appearance.

The Argentine, however, has continued to be active on social media and appeared to confirm the reports by posting three photos of himself playing for the Beneamata.

Sky Sport Italia, meanwhile, has shed some light on how the parties settled their differences.

The broadcaster explains Inter general manager Beppe Marotta met the striker’s lawyer Paolo Nicoletti on Wednesday for a conversation and a spot of lunch.

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
He's back training ......

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
I added a French touch to the title, red. I am sure you don't mind.

Oh well, PSG is certainly better than Icardi going to Napoli or especially juve. Though that might still happen in the future. But at least if PSG buy him we will make a profit on him, instead of the feared situation/scenario of Icardi annulling his Inter contract and walking to juve foc.

I think he genuinely wanted to stay at Inter but Marotta is clearly a badass. Massimo Moratti probably would have forgiven Mauro.

3rd in the standing when season end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I added a French touch to the title, red. I am sure you don't mind.

Oh well, PSG is certainly better than Icardi going to Napoli or especially juve. Though that might still happen in the future. But at least if PSG buy him we will make a profit on him, instead of the feared situation/scenario of Icardi annulling his Inter contract and walking to juve foc.

I think he genuinely wanted to stay at Inter but Marotta is clearly a badass. Massimo Moratti probably would have forgiven Mauro.

Lol
Sounded like he just wanted to stay, yeah.

The Juve stuff was probably just press B.S. in the end. I believed CDS/GDS etc and thought they had some elaborate strategy. But no. They couldn't afford to pay cash for Lukaku so probably couldn't afford Icardi either.

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
It's done

Let's hope he scores 40 goals this season and PSG pay the 70 million

SKY: ICARDI TO PSG ALL SIGNED AND SORTED
Mauro Icardi has completed his loan move to Paris Saint-Germain, with option to buy from Inter for a reported €70m.

The exact financial details are not announced, but it is a loan with option to buy at the end of the season.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Hopefully he is gone for good. Marotta has done well. Gotten rid of all three three cancers in one window.

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Hopefully he is gone for good. Marotta has done well. Gotten rid of all three three cancers in one window.
Bit harsh on Nainggolan, if that's who you meant. Although I felt he needed to go as well. Horribly inconsistent last year.

Perisic was a no-brainer

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Bizarre seeing him with a PSG jersey

HOWEVER, just goes to show:

all this Instagram bollox of new houses being built in Milan, family holidays in lake Como or the tinfoil hat theories about black and white outfits and Insta-likes from Chiellini all mean absolutely jacksh*t at the end of the day.

Neymar (if he plays) - Icardi - Mbappe is a pretty damn strong forward line

Cavani is out for about a month AFAIK. And Mbappe as well actually.

Whatever combination they put out, it will be strong

141 - 160 of 186 Posts