Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
37,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was going down my bucket list, I came across the following entry "create glam thread".

I have in the past posted these songs in the heavy metal thread, but have never felt entirely comfortable doing so. Then I posted some in Jeffrey's music showdown thread, but that ending in a no-contest. So it is with a #YOLO mindset that I have decided to open this thread now. :)

·
37,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:cool:

Steelheart is pretty much a one hit wonder. And not such a big hit either. In fact, I know of only one country where this was and still is extremely popular... The Philippines. If you ever find yourself at a karaoke party there, you'll be required to know the lyrics to this song by (steel)heart. :)

[tub]ICJs1CxCRt0[/tub]

·
37,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tesla's recent popularity is nothing new. Tesla was already quite popular in the 80s. :cool:

[tub]4nsGjR86SIs[/tub]

·
Greta joke sharer
22,682 Posts

·
Registered
43,221 Posts
Hm, I don't know.

I almost feel like Pantera made the right decision to transition from glam metal to heavy metal/groove metal via a brief stint as a power/speed metal band.
Too bad Phil Anselmo didn't transition from a knuckle-dragger. :(

·
Greta joke sharer
22,682 Posts
Too bad Phil Anselmo didn't transition from a knuckle-dragger. :(
At least he seems to have transformed these days. He seems relatively lucid and coherent in the AIU interviews, especially when talking about boxing which I guess is his passion in life.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,682 Posts
I might be jumping the gun here, but I assume this is where we'll eventually end up.

·
37,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Founded by a guitar player who would become a legend, Quiet Riot had its biggest success in the 80s, but still exists to this day. :)

[tub]ZxgMGk9JPVA[/tub]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts