Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is beast at the back, a friggin killer. He has singlehandedly shutdown renowned forwards such as Ibrahimovic (many times), Torres, Villa and Berbatov among others. He has forged an amazing partnership with Legrottaglie, that has been such a force that the once winner of the Bin D'or, has become a regular of Lippi's NT. He has consistently been one of the few players in our team that has been outstanding for the last 2 seasons. He is the fire in our side and gives us the drive to win with his passion. He is one of the top 3, if not #1 defender in the world right now. He is GIORGIO "Killini" CHIELLINI.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My boy:proud:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No doubt.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Top player he is he be great for Arsenal next season.Sure you guys heard the rumours about him and Arsenal

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, hold your breath.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Nice post.

I loved this answer:

What’s your typical day, including training, friends, family, girlfriend? :(
Chiellini: Morning- Training, lunch, a little break, a snack, dinner, TV, if my girlfriend is around I spend time with her, if not, then with my friends.

ok so not too hard after training :pp

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like this one

What’s your best memory from your time with the Viola? I already follow you on Twitter…if I could meet you, I’d wear an Inter jersey the whole night? (Posted by a female Milanista)

Chiellini: An Inter jersey is not worth it, believe me! With the Viola, I had many friendships and my best goal I scored in Fiorentina-Parma.

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
I think Giorgio needs to be more of a leader on the field. ( not by actions though, he already leads with his play)
He should be considered a senior player now, so he needs to step it up in terms of raising the play of some of our other under performing stars ( he should swat melo across the back of the head sometimes.) We should give him the captaincy or something or the other. He needs to stay

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
So, Giorgio and I not only share the same birthday, a similiar haircut and similiar height. We are also both good at math, interested in science, obsessed with LOST and like John Locke best. Looks like we are made from similiar material. Too bad I'm not the one playing for Juventus :drunk:

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Everything from that interview is awesome except prefering Fifa over Pes :pp Yeah same fav show and same fav character too hehe, and kudos for saying Wii for what it is, overhyped kiddie console :D

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FIFA has surpassed PES. And I'm not biased, I'm a convert.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We need 4 of him. One for CB, one for LB. one for midfield and one for attack.

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
And he needs to know how or when to ****ing pass, and that know that passing IS an option he has, and not clear everything. Not to be too demanding, but its unnecessary to clear and hoof it everytime, for example just before Miccoli's goal, he had time and space to calmly pass it forward, bu he just kicks it out to for little to no reason. And Palermo take that throw in and score immediately after.

Its just unnecessary, and not simply because they scored afterwards, but unnessary waste of possession, just because you are CB doesnt mean you arent expected to make basic passes.

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
Osman, just last week i mentioned that he kicks the ball out and up and long a bit much. I think with work rate he is top notch, in terms of technical ability and what not he has a long way to go. I think Cannavaro has more technical ability if no longer the legs and concentration.

Giorgio is a top notch defender, but I hope he gets to play with Nesta this WC and gets a few tips from a technically sound defender.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That volley he almost scored wasn't very "untechnical."

But seriously, he doesn't have bad technique (passing is a bit off, but otherwise it's above average for a CB), it's just his style of play that he doesn't want to take chances with the ball. it is frustrating, I agree. I'm just putting down to his style rather than lack of skill.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts