Xtratime Community banner

6201 - 6214 of 6214 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
It's criminal to me how many Italian clubs fold, reform, fold, reform and end up making their way back through the divisions etc.

It just doesn't happen in English football, nor in many other divisions
here's another one

Puni-Essien can't save Como | Football Italia

Calcio Como risks going bankrupt after their new owner Akosua Puni Essien, the wife of Michael Essien, didn’t pay the bills.

She bought the Lega Pro (third division) club at a bankruptcy auction in March for €237,000 and became President.

However, the experience could be very short-lived indeed, as yesterday the deadline passed to register with the FIGC (Federation) because the cheque bounced, according to Il Messaggero.

Tomorrow is the deadline for registering for the Lega Pro 2017-18 season, but without FIGC affiliation, that is not possible.

As things stand, Calcio Como would be forced to begin again from the amateur leagues.

New Coach Mark Iuliano, a former Juventus defender, was presented to the fans, but no new players were signed so far this summer and that began to raise questions.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Not all good news around the club to-day:

Parma, duplice omicidio. Nyantakyi, ex Primavera

An ex-youth player convicted of killing his mother and younger sister. He'd been in the squad the final year with Donadoni but what a way to fall....

:(

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
UFFICIALE: il centro sportivo di Collecchio va al Parma Calcio 1913

We have bought Collecchio for €2.8 million plus expenses.

Nice to have our training ground back.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeah, I'm sort of glad because it's back with the club for a reasonable price, tinged with some sadness that the fact the price came down so far means people owed money from the club's collapse won't see as much/any of that - thinking more people like the ground keepers and other suppliers. That said I guess those people would be put right at the back of the queue and would have seen very little anyhow...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Oh my word, have you seen the bridge near Genova? Motorway bridge collapsed earlier to-day.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
ex-Parma Danilo Pereira just got his 2nd international trophy with Portugal after winning The Nations League. Granted he's not a starting player, but what a progress he has made

6201 - 6214 of 6214 Posts