Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Georgian Soccer

Hi i saw the previous thread about Georgian soccer and i was very surprised.

I run the website www.georgiansoccer.com and i'm always wanting to attract new visitors.

What does everyone think of the National Team at the moment?
The best lineup would be:

GK David Gvaramadze (Dinamo Tbilisi)
RB Levan Tskitishvili (Freiburg)
CB Zurab Khizanishvili (Dundee)
CB Kakha Kaladze (AC Milan)
LB Levan Kobiashvili (Freiburg)
RCM Gocha Jamarauli (FC Zurich)
CM Alexander Rekhviashvili (Skonto Riga)
CM Georgi Nemsadze (Dundee)
LCM Georgi Kinkladze (Derby)
CF Shota Arveladze (Rangers)
CF Alexander Iashvili (Freiburg)

Subs

Irakli Zoidze (Dinamo Tbilisi)
Gela Shekiladze (Lierse)
Temuri Ketsbaia (Dundee)
Georgi Gakhokidze (PSV)
Lado Burduli (Dinamo Tbilisi)
Archil Arveladze (FC Cologne)
Georgi Demetradze (Lokomotiv Moscow)

Reserve:

Georgi Shashiashvili (Dinamo Tbilisi)
Levan Silagadze (Rubin Kazan)
Rati Aleksidze (Chelsea)
Edik Sajaia (Torpedo Moscow)
Mikhail Kavelashvili (FC Zurich)
Mikhail Ashvetia (FC Copenhagen)

that would be my team. As for the brightest prospects of Georgian Soccer. My opinions are:

Lado Burduli (Dinamo Tbilisi) excellent midfielder with good passing and is good at set pieces. 21 years old

Malkhaz Asatiani (Torpedo Kutaisi) good attacking midfielder 21 years old

Lasha Chelidze (Torpedo), Sandro Iashvili (WIT Georgia) are very good teenagers

please tell me what you all think

Stu

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Hi Stu_christie :)

Welcome to xtratime :)

I certainly believe that Georgia is an emerging potential with immense potential and i think that this Euro 2004 qualifying campaign we will see if they can fulfill their potential :) I really do believe that Georgia has a very good chance of progressing from their group and i think either one of Ireland or Russia will be eliminated to make way for Georgia :D

It is also good to see that another generation of young players are coming through and Georgia really could one day become a force in European Football ;)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Nice site, its better than gff.ge for info anyway.

Tough luck for Dinamo better luck next year.

Shota is a fantastic player. :)

·
Registered
59,693 Posts
georgia has always been a mighty power in european football,
just remember dinamo tbilissi in european cups during the sovjet era, i loved them when i was a kid, i think once or twice they kicked some german clubs:D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ok with my obvious lack of Georgian football knowledge pardon any mistakes. In my opinion Dinamo Kiev did a bit for Georgian football. Lobanovsky was a big fan of georgian talent and the spirit of georgian players. He develloped Kakha Kaladze and look where he is now. And especially through all the personal troubles he is having/had with his brother incident he is still doin well and taking Georgian football to the world. Georgi Demetradze is a wasted talent, Leading scorer in Russia one season, then Dinamo Kiev scoring frequently(though i can never forgive him for missing that oportunity in the champions league about 2-3 seasons ago when he missed a clear cut chance to knock Man U out of the first group stage!) then Sociedad and now where? he is no longer even wanted by Lokomotiv.

·
Registered
26 Posts
polska, i think you are mistaken here my friend, demetradze has done a lot more then other' players FOR NT, but in my opnion Deme is one of best forwards from eatern europe, you will of course know how hard it is for a 'georgian' to score so many goals in russia, and top of that being a topscorer is also amazing, after moving to kiev, he also did well' , something like 8 goals in 12 matches, and a very good performance in CL, i would never forget the goal he scored against Byern Munich, a bicycle-kik goal , kahn had no chance, and fortunately they won by 2-0 , another one by kaladze, BUT, in my opinion he is unluckiest **** of them all, he could have been the next maradona, but he broke his leg in 20 minutes of his spanish career and then he lost all the chances , as for the miss against Man U, there were rumours in georgia that he did that on purpose, and Man U, will somehow 'pay' DK in some way, but i dont know, et least he made friends with Man U ;) :D

as for his present day , he is very unlucky but also ignorant, loko was , is , top of russian league and they have many quality strikers, so its not fair for loko strikers if they were replaced by deme, because they are at top and worked hard for it, as for his ignorance, he has been many times 'begged' to go to besiktas, but he refuses, they say they would pay him good, as besiktas is a rich club, but stil he refuses, i think there is a thing with georgian players not playing teams in turkey unless it is a city close to black sea, (as georgians still live there) , trabzon was a common destination for many famous georgian players(arveladze, archil A, jamarauli, kiknadze...etc), but none of them moved to gala, fener, or besiktas, so there must be some cultural or past times happenings for this, but we will see what happnes to him , he is still owned by Real .S, i think you will hear his name in the future for sure,

take care

sanyi thanx for your kind words:)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Oh right well i feel for him. How unlucky after he did all the hard work and finally worked himself up into Spain he gets injured. I really hope he gains his form back. Ok stupid question but hes not old right? because i can slightly remember him either having a shaved head or being Bald??
...Was there a Georgian in Derby county last season?
Finally why does georgia Produce such fine footballers, especially fine attackers. Playing Championship Manager 2 seasons ago with Bayern Munchen i was always stopped by the georgian attacking force at Freidburg. Lashvilli and kobiashvilli i think anyways it was just good to see them doing well.!

·
Registered
26 Posts
u got it polska, he worked his way up to spain, and then everything goes wrong for him , kaladze and demetradze were in same situation, kaladze suceeds and deme is very unlucky , i think he realy tried hard in sociedad to impress in traing , as there is bond between basques and georgians , and he was the first georgian in spain, so he was a bit exited and reckless and he broke his leg, now he has to start from the scratch, but i watche his game against hungary, and ithink he is more then back', he was stunning, as for his hair, he shaved it some time ago, so we have another ketsbaia like in the squad.

yes, our legendary Georgi Kinkladze, was/is in derby county, but he didn't impress me like he did in Man C, i will supply a video of his goal he scored later, who said there is only one maradona'..

"Finally why does georgia Produce such fine footballers, especially fine attackers. "

its a hard question , but i think it our nature, we play sports all of our life, football is most popular, you can even see 85 year olds playing football, sport is like a paradise for georgians in georgia, to 'get away' from the economical, social and political crisis, and the creativity i think is in our blood, don't you find it difficult to know that there are 3 gorgians players in NBA, nation that has only like 5 million people, can produce so many great sportsman and sportswomen, in one of the poorest nations is europe, it makes me feel proud yet discraceful , that noone' is helping georgia to come out of this crisis, crisis starting from 500 bc, and think 'what would' have been like if georgia was stable and a normanl country within the europe, :dazed:

i know this is probably stupid, but what the **** is chAmpionship manager 1 or 2 , Alex Iashwili and Kobiahsvili are great, Iashwili is a relative of mine, his father died some time ago, and that time , i think that was the reason freiburg got relegated, iashwili loved his father realy much , i think they say he was in a depression for a week.

take care

1 - 9 of 9 Posts