Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not very familiar with Verona. What are the key matchups (player vs. player) that I should watch for in the game Sunday against Verona?

Thanks.

Zen9

·
Registered
574 Posts
12 match unbeaten?? oh my god!!
i didn't even notice that!! u're telling me that verona have gone 12 match without a lose??!!
well, i heard Dominic Morfeo and Adailton are the dangerous players.
are u sure they've gone 12 match unbeaten, flarg??
haha, well, sorry to spoil the record but too bad cause they have to meet juve now.......

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
um. Don't know about the key matchups and all that, but with Verona on a 12 match unbeaten streak, and Juve are playing away. It looks tough.. :(

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I read somewhere that Verona has won 5 and drawn 7 of their last 12 games - so they will be tough. Juve needs one of its classic 1 - 0 victories. That would make it 5 points with 2 games to play, which is a great position to be in. But first we need to beat Verona.

Zen9

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Verona- keyplayers:

Goalkeeper is supertalented Sebastien Frey. Many of You will know about him allready. He's owned by Inter and is destined for stardom.

Defence: After a scrappy start Verona's defence started working marvellous when Martin Laursen was completely injury free. He's a very good central defender and along with the experienced ex-Parma player Apolloni and Italian u-21 Aimo Diana their defense is their best feature.
In midfield young Christian Brocchi is a transfertarget of many big teams and in attack Adailton and recently Cammarata scores their goals.
I'm not frightened about playing them though.
Verona is virtually certain to stay in serie A, and they have no chance of reaching European spots. Clearly Juve will be the more motivated side. Moreover- since Christmas we've been really good at disposing with inferior opposition. We had that Cagliari slip-up at home, but other than that the loss at AC and the loss against Lazio at least came against quality sides. We have beaten all the other minor teams, and with this kind of incentive (Lo scudetto) we'll do it again :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Never sweat it .. If JUVE plays like they did against FIOR it will be tough..
Can't always depend on PK to win the game>>>

------------------
<FORZA INTER>

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glen,

Thanks for the information. Who on Juventus would be assigned to mark Adailton and Cammarata? It is looking unlikely that Montero will play, so I assume Tudor will step in.

Thanks again. I always learn a lot from you.

Incidentally, for what it is worth, Juventus are heavy favorites to win against Verona.

Zen9

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glen,

Thanks for the information. Who on Juventus would be assigned to mark Adailton and Cammarata? It is looking unlikely that Montero will play, so I assume Tudor will step in.

Thanks again. I always learn a lot from you.

Incidentally, for what it is worth, Juventus are heavy favorites to win against Verona.

Zen9

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Speaking of statistics, here are the details on Verona's last 12 games:

Verona 2 Fiorentina 2
Bari 1 Verona 1
Verona 4 Parma 3
Perugia 0 Verona 0
Verona 0 Bologna 0
Milan 3 Verona 3
Verona 1 Lazio 0
Torino 0 Verona 3
Verona 1 Piacenza 0
Cagliari 0 Verona 1
Udinese 2 Verona 2
Verona 2 Venezia 2

Last defeat was at Lecce (2-1) on 30 January 2000.

Zen9

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Glen you might forget that they also got Italiano he hasn't played that much this season becauce he was a stand in for the captain Colucci, but when colucci was suspended he stepped in and till now played every match, somtimes as a attacking MF because Morfeo is injured or just on the MF next to Colucci.

I Think this would be the line-up for Verona

Frey

Diana Laurensen Apolloni Falsini

Brocchi Marasco Colucci
Melis
Italiano
Cammarata

Subs: Adailton ST, Cossato ST, Filipini RB, Francescetti CD/M, Battistini GK, Salvetti
LCM, Giandebiagi RM.

I think Morfeo is still injured so that would lighten up the jub for Juve, but like
i said Italiano is also very good.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I hope Inzaghi will score he hasn't done so in a while. I really wonder if he will start the game in the first place.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Well.. no injurues (DP maybe) no suspensions. We start with the regular team and put Kova on for Inzaghi if it's still
0-0 in the 2nd half. Then he'll take care of the rest! :) Anyways we MUST win

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ramy,

I think your scenario is the most likely with one exception: Montero is injured and will probably miss the game - so Tudor is looking at what has to be one of the biggest games of his career.

Zen9

1 - 20 of 23 Posts