Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 2622 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
he is a good divizia a player and he will probably grow. i not sure if he is that good right now, or if he deserves to play in the NT. but, who would've thought that Mazilu will grow so fast ?! as for dorinel, i think it is better to use pancu instead of him. he isn't having his best moments but he is a very talented and also experienced midfielder.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
According to a recent interview he would rather move to Asia (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, China, Korea etc.) than to Steaua, Dinamo or any other team in Divizia A for that matter. And we know how much national team the Asian exports get to see.

Also, he isn't very young either. He should have gone further by now if he was actually something special.

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
New generation of midfielders: Lazar, Ov.Petre, Plesan...and what about that Izvoreanu from Otelul?

The best thing is that some young defenders have appeared: Tamas (he´s now mature enough), Moti, M.Constantin, D.Goian...plus Chivu, Ghionea and Radoi (if Piturca wants). The central defender position was a problem some time ago. As the left back was, and now we have Nesu and Pulhac as promising players in that position.

·
Registered
25,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the Leftback is still a problem. Nesu or Pulhac aren't even close to Rat. Only Pascovici is and he's not young.

·
Registered
16,087 Posts
I´ve heard good things about Adrian Ilie(not the cobra :rolleyes:) from Poli Iasi. apparently he can be a defender or DM. There are a lot of good players right now, enough to form a good NT with backups. The question is if any of thse will be a great player, cause we still depend too much on Mutu and that is a big weakness

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
I forgot about Pascovici. He´s useful too. But I mean that 2 years ago we hadn´t a proper substitute to Rat, except Dancia...Nesu and Pulhac are good prospects and it´s very good that they are playing in European tournaments to gain experience.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I dont think the future is looking too bad. Besides the players that you guys mentioned we also have Nicolita who has been quite consistent from what I hear on that right wing at Steaua and hes only 20. Zicu has been playing some brilliant stuff and hes still maturing. Mazilu seems to be a good option up front as target man but I till think we could find someone better. And hey what do you guys think of Piti as coach? Good for the future or not? Personally I think we should keep him unless we can get Lucescu of coarse. At least he's been giving chances to some youngsters that were able to prove their value under his guidance. And he's a better coach then Iordanescu.

·
Registered
25,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Piturca is better than Iordanescu, yes, but he is still not the best. Nevertheless, with the exception of the games against the Dutch, he's done OK.

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
No reason to take out Piturca now, even if he´s an idiot with some players. At least he´s doing of Romania a solid team. To sack Piturca would be destroy the job he has been doing and to start again with other coach since the beginning.

I only hope that Popescu or Lupescu, if one of them is elected as FRF boss, talk with Piturca about the situation of some players.

·
Registered
918 Posts
There's plenty of talent going around. There's a lot of good players, but not a lot of great, superlative players. That's what we need. Mitea, Marica, Keseru all looked like they would become that, but they've stagnated the last year or so.

In the 90's we had players that were irreplacable. You knew they would play as starters, if healthy. Guys like Hagi, Popescu, Lupescu, Raducioiu, Munteanu and a few others Now the team changes almost every game.

Right now we have Mutu & Chivu and to a certain extent Lobont and perhaps Radoi if Piturca changes his mind. We need players that will confirm for at least a year, not just a few games.

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
I think Mitea can become a player of the Mutu level. The rest of the young players are OK (Zicu, Nicolita, Keseru...I don´t know what´s the problem with Marica). Maybe not superlative players, but the only superlative Romanian player in the last years was Hagi.

Don´t forget Cocis too.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Well Chivu is arguably better then Popescu and Mutu is probably our best striker of the past 15 years. Raduciou was crap imo, an overrated player that never amounted to much and he was our striker back then. I have my hopes up on Tamas and Moti to become good CBS and they surely look like they can at the moment and with Radoi and Chivu in there as well, our defence doesn't look too bad. But Gica is right we do need a replacement for Mutu, it's kinda weird that he's been our only scorer for the past three games and he didn't even play as a striker! I also think that we should continue with the current system and slowly add Zicu into the centre of the attacking trio and moving Cocis to the right. That would be much better and effective IMO.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
From all the young ones mentioned so far we will surely have a few to reach their potential even if some don't.

We have enough fixed spots right now. Contra, Mutu, Chivu, Rat, Florentin Petre, Lobont, Munteanu - and Radoi would be aswell.

Look at Holland; they change their team very often and they kick ass.

·
Registered
16,087 Posts
_Daan_ said:
Well Chivu is arguably better then Popescu and Mutu is probably our best striker of the past 15 years. Raduciou was crap imo, an overrated player that never amounted to much and he was our striker back then. I have my hopes up on Tamas and Moti to become good CBS and they surely look like they can at the moment and with Radoi and Chivu in there as well, our defence doesn't look too bad. But Gica is right we do need a replacement for Mutu, it's kinda weird that he's been our only scorer for the past three games and he didn't even play as a striker! I also think that we should continue with the current system and slowly add Zicu into the centre of the attacking trio and moving Cocis to the right. That would be much better and effective IMO.

I totally agree with that. With Cocis ,Mutu and Zicu we would have plenty of creativity and goals, and then Radoi should replace Munteanu in midfield to have 2 DM to support the creators.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
we certainly have players for the future... all we need is a Hagi because we need one... I hate to say this but it is sadly the truth... because as long as we dont accomplish big things in european competitions or have alotta players abroad we wont have the experience and skills to really beat the biggest a la brazil and if I ever see romania in WC i wanna see them atleast in the position of the dark horse... and a single player who is just gifted would indeed push our whole team to new limits...

·
Registered
25,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At first I didn't like the idea of Radoi as a DM. But, the more I see him play there, the more I like it. In the future we will need a player to replace D. Munteanu and Radoi has the leadership skills, in addition to the talent, to do so. Radoi is a player who can both stop the opponents as well as to create. I also think he might be a good Right defender. But, maybe we will find someone else for that position.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
If Radoi should be a defensive-midfielder it should be instead of Ovidiu Petre, not alongside him. In Munteanu's place we need someone quite like Munteanu because the formation we are playing now would collapse with 2 defensive midfielders and no-one to join the attack and the defence like Munteanu does. Just as an example: watch our second goal against the Czech Republic. Watch Munteanu's play in that for Cocis. Would Radoi be doing that? Or Ovidiu Petre? They would still be coming out of our box. Perhaps Lazar is in that direction as a true central (as much defensive as attacking) midfielder.

1 - 20 of 2622 Posts