Xtratime Community banner

201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
69,524 Posts
Prediction: Pasalic will give us a joy in the Euro 2020.
He will probably get cut before the final squad selection...again. He has much better chances this time than 2014, 2016 and 2018 at least. He should be above Badelj and Rog for consideration

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
He will probably get cut before the final squad selection...again. He has much better chances this time than 2014, 2016 and 2018 at least. He should be above Badelj and Rog for consideration
Badelj brings something that the other MFs don't in that he's calming presence in a more defensive minded midfield

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
He should be above Badelj and Rog for consideration
The kind of player he is he shouldn't be competing for a spot with those two. I think he'll make it this time but I don't see where he fits in, he's not a winger and those central spots are locked.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
631 Posts
Rog has had a very good season Cagliari. He's been a starter all season for them and since his injury they have struggled big time. Should Rog be ahead of Pasalic that's not as easy a call as some might think. Rog is a better dribbler and covers a lot of ground. Pasalic better in the final third at scoring goals. Very different type of players imo.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I really got the feeling that Pasalic could be a missing key for us.
I don't have anything against others that compete for the last spots whoever is playing I want our squad to go as far as possible and Pasalic scores the goals that make his team go further.
He did it for Atlanta in Serie A then he did it for Atalanta in champions league and we don't have 10 players that do that at this level.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
@Diego

Modrić or Vlašić will start in what is Pašalić's best position. Hard to argue against either of those guys so it's unfortunate for Pašalić but he's just going to have to wait for some retirements.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Against Roma he scored a fantastic goal 30s after getting on the pitch.
I don't see him in the starting 11.
But using him among the 3 subs seems possible to me.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Man, that Sucic kid is something else, speed, technique and athleticism, an eye for goal, great passing vision, he looks a really exciting mid field prospect , no wonder AC Milan are after him, although it be advisable to get a few seasons at Salzburg under his belt, then maybe go to Leipzig before he signs for a big club. He is definitely the type of player we could need post Modrić era.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The issue i have with lots of players that are good coming up and coming good for us nowadays is that they all play as midfielders(Central or defensive mids) or center backs , exposing our dearth of attackers. HS said in another thread that when Perisic and Modric step down there will be regression in the style of game we play. I think we have some decent players in the center the park, and up and comers like Basic and Sucic, so for me Perisic will be a bigger blow then the loss of Modric, as we have nobody near his quality anywhere on this team or up and coming. This list of U23, born in 96 and 95 (see links) wings shows what is available to us. I don't rate anyone outside of Brekalo(he looked pretty good at times but he needs to grow more as player for me to get to Perisic's level). Does anyone think we should give Kristijan Lovric a look in a friendly post Euro's? Anybody rate Antonio Marin as a replacement for Perisic in 3 years? Anyone think that Pjaca can make a recovery?
U23)Most valuable players.
1996)Most valuable players
1995)Most valuable players
Questions to ponder i guess.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The system can change. If we don't have wingers that are good enough to replace Perisic we can play without them in a different system. Or we can use Vlasic as a winger and give a chance to another talented midfielder in the 11.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Lovro Majer could also play as a right winger maybe. Very skilled player.
Against France if we face them again anytime soon I would like to see Rebic upfront as a 9 not on the wing and the skilled players around him. French don't like to deal with this kind of 9.
I remember when Olic killed Lyon in 2010.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Sučić might be a good prospect but we have to be realistic. Salzburg is a club that has no fears in playing kids and they've decided to loan him out to a second division club. That should tell us he's not ready yet, at least not for any serious NT talk.

@Rupa

Perišić has been huge for us, along with Luka our best player between 2013-2018, but make no mistake Luka is the foundation on which our team is built. Neither will be easy to replace but when they're gone we'll miss Luka more. I didn't see HS's post but he's right, once Luka is gone our whole approach will have to change.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Antonio Marin is with Monza in Serie B, a poor move by a kid once touted as the next big thing. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him in NT calculations anytime soon.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sučić might be a good prospect but we have to be realistic. Salzburg is a club that has no fears in playing kids and they've decided to loan him out to a second division club. That should tell us he's not ready yet, at least not for any serious NT talk.

@Rupa

Perišić has been huge for us, along with Luka our best player between 2013-2018, but make no mistake Luka is the foundation on which our team is built. Neither will be easy to replace but when they're gone we'll miss Luka more. I didn't see HS's post but he's right, once Luka is gone our whole approach will have to change.
I read an article saying Sucic would be there playing at Redbull but they have a Hungarian who is young and really good blocking his place now. Once they sell this Hungarian kid I think you will see Sucic will get much more playing time at redbull. There coach spoke very highly of Sucic and wants to get him playing time with red bull even if the Hungarian kid is still there.

201 - 220 of 227 Posts