Xtratime Community banner

181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
NEOBIČAN PUT
Došao je iz Bayerna, mama mu je Afganistanka, tata Nijemac, a on odlučio igrati za Hrvatsku!

– Možda ne izgledam kao Hrvat, ali tako se osjećam. Ostvario sam san kada sam debitirao za Hrvatsku. Kad čujem himnu i zapjevam je na utakmici, uvijek se naježim. Naravno da znam sve riječi hrvatske himne. Mogao sam igrati za njemačku ili rusku reprezentaciju, ali nisam uopće dvojio, mene zanima samo Hrvatska – objašnjava Ernst Habib

Do?ao je iz Bayerna, mama mu je Afganistanka, tata Nijemac, a on odlu?io igrati za Hrvatsku! - Ve?ernji.hr
interesting story

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
"LB CITY"

Transfer News: Arsenal & Manchester City Chasing Dinamo Zagreb Prodigy David Colina

Transfer News: Arsenal and Manchester City chasing Dinamo Zagreb prodigy David Colina

Due to lack of sleep and my propensity to lean on alcohol, I forgot to mention him the other day. :)

Fingers are crossed. :)
So from having no quality LB looks like we got 2 or three really good ones coming through , great news for the NT future! However its vital he plays regularly at his formative years, there are so many players that get signed by big clubs and never get a chance. He should look at either to stay at Dinamo as Sosas successor or go to a smaller club abroad where he will get chances ideally not to Italy.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
So from having no quality LB looks like we got 2 or three really good ones coming through , great news for the NT future! However its vital he plays regularly at his formative years, there are so many players that get signed by big clubs and never get a chance. He should look at either to stay at Dinamo as Sosas successor or go to a smaller club abroad where he will get chances ideally not to Italy.
That's fine and dandy, but you did not mention anything about my lack of sleep and propensity to lean on alcohol. :( :)

Reactions: SPURS_LUKA_FAN

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I'm assuming your beverage of choice is pivo and rakija? :D
"Well you just need something to fill the void that's left in your life. Lois has her knitting, Chris has his video games, Meg's learning how to drive, and me, I like the sauce…"

:)

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Really looking forward to the return of Pjaca, KOvacic and Jedvaj from injuries and gonna keep an eye on the progress of young lads like Brekalo, Vlasic and Halilovic, these are the type of players our NT has been missing and that could add another dimension to our game.

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
Really looking forward to the return of Pjaca, KOvacic and Jedvaj from injuries and gonna keep an eye on the progress of young lads like Brekalo, Vlasic and Halilovic, these are the type of players our NT has been missing and that could add another dimension to our game.
Heard Pjaca played a U21 Juve game last week and looked good...so at least he is back on the field now. Will be a tough road getting back into Juve's team but he has time now until the WC hopefully to do it.

Kova is training again with RM and close to his return.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Heard Pjaca played a U21 Juve game last week and looked good...so at least he is back on the field now. Will be a tough road getting back into Juve's team but he has time now until the WC hopefully to do it.

Kova is training again with RM and close to his return.
I'm very interested to see Pjaca return. Pjaca is fast, strong and loves to attack...his potential is huge...I love Kovacic's potential and think he's on his way to being a great player but I think he's still in that transition phase of being consistent on a regular basis.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
MLADI HRVAT NA METI - NIKO SVIJETU OTKRIO POTENCIJALNOG VATRENOG Josip diše hrvatski, roditelji su mu iz Slavonskog Broda, ali HNS mora brzo reagirati ili ga uzima Njemačka

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogome...brzo-reagirati-ili-ga-uzima-njemacka/7645296/

Niko Kovač je u prvoj utakmici kao trener Bayerna u početnu postavu s PSG-om u Klagenfurtu stavio 18-godišnjeg stopera Josipa Stanišića. Radilo se o susretu Međunarodnog prvenstva klubova koje se održava širom svijeta, a jasno da je Bayern, kao i PSG, igrao u bitno oslabljenom sastavu. Bavarci su slavili s 3:1. No Kovač je, kao i ranijih godina Guardiola i Ancelotti kad su u prvi plan gurnuli mlade Hrvate Benka, Trogrančića i Crničkog, skrenuo pozornost na Stanišića. Radi se o dečku visokom 186 cm koji djeluje u sredini obrane ili kao desni bek.

Reactions: cozmo, Ante and Ero

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
MLADI HRVAT NA METI - NIKO SVIJETU OTKRIO POTENCIJALNOG VATRENOG Josip diše hrvatski, roditelji su mu iz Slavonskog Broda, ali HNS mora brzo reagirati ili ga uzima Njemačka

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogome...brzo-reagirati-ili-ga-uzima-njemacka/7645296/

Niko Kovač je u prvoj utakmici kao trener Bayerna u početnu postavu s PSG-om u Klagenfurtu stavio 18-godišnjeg stopera Josipa Stanišića. Radilo se o susretu Međunarodnog prvenstva klubova koje se održava širom svijeta, a jasno da je Bayern, kao i PSG, igrao u bitno oslabljenom sastavu. Bavarci su slavili s 3:1. No Kovač je, kao i ranijih godina Guardiola i Ancelotti kad su u prvi plan gurnuli mlade Hrvate Benka, Trogrančića i Crničkog, skrenuo pozornost na Stanišića. Radi se o dečku visokom 186 cm koji djeluje u sredini obrane ili kao desni bek.
I watched the game. Although he got beaten on the PSG goal, he looked pretty comfortable for an 18 year old. The HNS better scoop him up quickly. He could be our new Robert Kovac.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I watched the game. Although he got beaten on the PSG goal, he looked pretty comfortable for an 18 year old. The HNS better scoop him up quickly. He could be our new Robert Kovac.
If there is a silver lining (pardon the pun) about recent tournaments its that it will serve a a massive recruitment boost in certain situations.

If Ibrahimovic were to have been told he could have played in a WC final when he was 19 alongside a striker like Mandzukic I highly doubt he wouldn't have donner our shirt.

Cheers

Reactions: Zelja

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
I would like to see reinforcements for the following positions in the NT over the next few month ahead of the nations league friendlies and new qualifying campaign for the Euro 2020, our dependency on Sime Vrsaljko and Mandzo up font is worrying me, we seem always just one injury away from disaster (no like for like replacement). Anyone got any ideas who could step into these guys shoes in case of injury? I suppose its someone like Santini knocking on the door for Mandzo's position, but I can not think of a QUALITY RB right now that would be NT material, please has anyone got any suggestion/info (besides Jedvaj)?
Looks like all other positions are fine, even our LB which was much discussed on the board, turned out we were fine with Strinic/Pivaric (for now until Sosa gets the spot).

In goal I have plenty of faith into Kalinic as well as Letica or Livakovic.

·
dinamo67
9,544 Posts
Fran Karacic :D

Looking through some players from the HNL and there's a few young RB's that I know nothing about. The only ones that were familiar to me were Juranovic and Tudor of Hajduk. I remember liking what I saw from Tudor a while ago. Maybe our Hajduk fans can give us some info.

Other young players in ok leagues:
Dino Mikanovic (24) - Playing and a starter for AGF in Denmark. One of the top teams, but the season just started. Former youth player.
Karlo Bartolec (23) - Also playing and starting in Denmark for Nordsjælland. Former youth player.

Seems like the talent pool has switched to LB and there's alot of CB's out there. Not many RB's.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
One short term option at RB could be Ivan Tomečak. Looks like he's going to be a regular now at Club Brugge under Leko and although he plays there as a winger or wing-back he can fill in at RB.

On LB, I agree there seem to be a few options but none are adequate. We did just reach the WC final with Strinić and Pivarić but it was a major sore spot. Our whole defence actually is far from set, we conceded 8 goals in the knock-out stage and some of them were from outright mistakes and/or lapses.

Sosa is the hope at LB but I think it would be good idea to start looking outside the square. In the old days Ćiro would've have converted someone like Petar Bočkaj into a wing-back, might be time to try something like that..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

181 - 200 of 227 Posts