Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hey guys, I'm back with yet another thread lol

This time I am posting one for tracking and updates on youth players that have potential to become players on the repka. I think this is especially important now-a-days because it seems pretty apparent we are in the beginning of a new Golden Generation for Croatia, with so many talented young players working their way up the ranks.

When thinking about this budding generation I kept coming back to 20 years ago, which is when the earliest of them were born. And what happened @ 25 years ago but the war for independence. I believe the war is at least partially responsible for the 'bust' period that was the players coming out @ 5 years ago, and it also obviously scattered the diaspora even more. Then after the war was over, slowly things started returning to their normal cycle and it was a better environment for having children, and in around 20 years those children will be on the fringe of the NT if they have talent and we find ourselves in the beginning of our 'boom' period!

So that's where we find ourselves today, we had a few dead years with out much talent reaching their potential but now we are excited to see so many highly touted prospects that you would have to think several of them fulfill their potential. Yes I'm calling it now, at least 3 star players will come out of this list:

Brozovic (too old for this thread? still just getting started in the NT)
Rebic
Kovacic
Pasalic
Jedvaj
Coric
Balic
Vlasic
Basic
Brodic
Muric
Pjaca
Rog
Rogulic
Halilovic
etc

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UEFA.com's weekly wonderkid: Ante Ćorić

Ante Ćorić is better at 17 than Zvonimir Boban, Robert Prosinečki and Luka Modrić, say GNK Dinamo Zagreb insiders – no surprise some of Europe's biggest sides are keen.

UEFA.com continues its weekly wonderkid feature by looking at GNK Dinamo Zagreb's Ante Ćorić, a 17-year-old midfielder reportedly on FC Bayern München's radar.

Name: Ante Ćorić
Club: GNK Dinamo Zagreb
Debut: 16 April 2014
Position: midfielder
Nationality: Croatian
Date of Birth: 14 April 1997
Preferred foot: right
Height: 165cm

They say ...
"Ante is a treasure for our club. He is a greater talent than Luka Modrić and Mateo Kovačić were at his age."
Zoran Mamić, Dinamo Zagreb coach

"He is still just a kid and he is attracting so much acclaim from the stands. He is better than Zvonimir Boban or Robert Prosinečki were at the same stage. I am impressed."
Zdravko Mamić, Dinamo Zagreb president

"Ćorić is not only a prospect for Dinamo Zagreb, but for the Croatian national team too."
Romeo Jozak, Croatian Football Federation (HNS) technical director

Background ...
Although Ćorić was born in Zagreb, his talent quickly drew international attention and he had trials at Chelsea FC and Bayern, where he set a new benchmark by scoring full marks in several tests. He eventually decided on FC Salzburg aged 11, returning four years later to the Croatian capital in 2013 to join Dinamo Zagreb in a €900,000 transfer. He made an immediate impact.

Playing style ...
His all-round ability is impressive, and he has all the tricks a top midfielder needs and more. Already capped by Croatia's Under-21s, Ćorić possesses great ball control, a smooth dribbling style, creativity and fantastic vision. Speed is another strength; he is also a persistent goal threat.

Kovačić on getting past your opponent
Shades of ...
His style of play and dribbling recall Prosinečki. His intelligence and pace have echoes of Boban. However, Ćorić says his hero is Ronaldinho.

Eureka moment ...
Netting a stoppage-time goal in September's 5-1 home victory over FC Astra Giurgiu in UEFA Europa League Group D – and, in so doing, becoming the competition's youngest ever scorer.

Best-case scenario ...
With Marcelo Brozović's departure to FC Internazionale Milano, it appears the perfect moment for Ćorić to step up and become a key player for his side. The question seems to be: how long can Dinamo keep hold of him? People at the club are convinced he will the next big outgoing, following a path trodden by some famous names. Apparently, Bayern are first in line.

He says ...
"My dreams are coming true. When I was nine, I made my first trip to the Maksimir and I dreamt that one day I would play on that pitch and score a goal in European competition. I can't believe it's now come true."

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=cro/news/newsid=2210929.html

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrija Balic: The Iniesta fan who could be Real Madrid's next Galactico

EXCLUSIVE: One of Croatia's most exciting young talents has European giants tracking his steps but he is surveying his future with a cool head

By Joe Wright and Dino Florentini

Hajduk Split's most talented young star has been compared to some of the finest midfielders of the past 30 years and scored at the age of 17 against eternal rivals Dinamo Zagreb. And that's not even the most remarkable thing about him.

Croatia youth international Andrija Balic may not be a household name but some of the continent's biggest sides have been casting green-eyed glances in his direction. Ajax, Borussia Dortmund and Marseille have all scouted the midfielder; Tottenham opened talks with his club. Recently, Real Madrid have been touted as a likely destination.

And yet, fresh from signing a contract extension until 2018, Balic is content to look no further than the walls of Poljud stadium.

"I knew something, but not too much," he told Goal of Tottenham's enquiries last summer. "Not as much as people within the club did. I didn't let it bother me.

"Certainly I would've been sorry had I gone, especially now. Who knew I'd score five goals and become a regular?

"I have a new contract, I'm glad Hajduk believe in me. I'd like to stay while I'm still growing as a player, and then, we'll see."

Balic's view is refreshingly level-headed. The support from his parents, who were present for his contract signing, is key.

"From day one, we knew staying at Hajduk was the right decision," his father told the club's website. "When we had an offer from Tottenham, my wife and I did not want it because we knew it was too early for such a challenge. Our goal is not money, but the development of our boy."

Croatia's brightest young talents are rarely confined to the domestic top flight for long. Alen Halilovic joined Barcelona B having been fast-tracked into Dinamo's first team, while Mario Pasalic left Hajduk for Chelsea before becoming yet another name on their loan list. Developing at Hajduk could be the best move for Balic - provided that the seductive foreign giants can be ignored.

Balic is considered by some in Croatia to be Hajduk's best talent in 20 years. His attributes are atypical of the modern midfielder: tall, strong and balanced, yet blessed with a remarkable skillset. To watch him kill the ball under pressure, pivot away from a challenge and surge up field in support of the attack evokes memories of Blaz Sliskovic, the 'Balkan Maradona' who lit up the Hajduk and Marseille sides of the 1980s. His recent precision finish against Dinamo only reinforced the comparisons.

Sliskovic was also the idol of Zinedine Zidane, the greatest modern midfielder of all and current head coach of Real Madrid Castilla. They are now favourites to land Balic's signature.

The European champions were credited with interest during Tottenham's talks last summer and speculation has surfaced in Spain and Croatia that they are firming up their intentions this year. Spurs, having restructured a recruitment system previously headed by Franco Baldini, are less likely to prove a serious candidate in 2015. What's more, Madrid's foreign recruitment efforts, with Juni Calafat the driving force, have beaten stiff competition in the race for Martin Odegaard and Lucas Silva in the past four months.

For the time being, however, Balic's thoughts of European giants remain rooted in fandom. His idol is a Barcelona star, his ideal club a Premier League challenger.

"I love Iniesta's style of play, he fascinates me," he admits. "Spain, England and Germany are perhaps the strongest leagues. They asked me what club in England I'd want to go to, so I said Liverpool."

But he's in no rush. Indeed, his immediate wish is much closer to home.

"To win the title with Hajduk. That's the dream," he says.

Given Hajduk are fourth and 29 points off the top, he revises things for this season: "Certainly Europe is the goal, but the first objective is the cup. We want to win it.

"I want to keep developing. I want to reach a great level. I hope to succeed."

Balic's drive is unequivocal, his talent captivating. What's remarkable, though, is that the balance and confidence he oozes when on the ball is reflected by his composure in discussing his future. Little wonder there is talk of a place in Zidane's set-up as the next Galactico in the making.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suker tips Balic and Vlasic for stardom

EXCLUSIVE: The former Croatia striker is confident Mateo Kovacic will emerge from his struggles at Inter to prosper at Euro 2016

By Ante Buskulic

Croatian FA president Davor Suker concedes that the drain of talent from the domestic league is inevitable and has already identified the next two youngsters to make it big abroad.

Few players in Niko Kovac's squad ply their trade in the local 1.HNL league with the likes of Luka Modric (Real Madrid) and Mateo Kovacic (Inter) starring at some of the biggest clubs in the continent.

Alen Halilovic’s switch to Barcelona from Dinamo Zagreb last year was another example of how Croatia’s best emerging talent is poached, leaving clubs with little option but to accept it and broker the best deal possible.

Suker told Goal: “It is inevitable that Croatian clubs have to sell their most valuable players but they have to be crafty in their negotiations.”

As for the next two starlets to emerge on the conveyor belt, Suker added: “I like the two Hajduk talents: Andrija Balic and Nikola Vlasic.”

Balic is widely regarded as the better of the two, with Real Madrid one of several high-profile clubs monitoring his progress.

Playing time is a key consideration for any young player moving abroad and it is a problem currently affecting Kovacic at Inter, despite their indifferent form under Roberto Mancini.

Suker said: “I wish him all the luck, I am glad he moved to Italy, to a big club and is getting experience every day. The most important thing for me is to have him as our midfield leader at Euro 2016 in France, whether he will get there playing for Inter or some other big team."

Croatia took another step towards qualifying for France next summer thanks to a 5-1 thrashing of Norway at the weekend.

They have opted out of a friendly this week, however, with Suker admitting it was due to the possibility of players sustaining injuries.

“Croatia isn’t playing a friendly game this week because a lot of club presidents phoned me asking to release the players,” he said.

“There are guys fighting for Champions League, Europa League trophies. It is the peak time of the season and imagine what the reaction would be if we had organised match in, for example, New Zealand. We want to maintain good relations with the clubs.

"Croatia has plenty of offers, we just have to calculate when and where to arrange friendlies."

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
we're going to have a nice 'problem' in a few years where we're going to be loaded with blue chip MF's and not enough spots for them :thumbsup:

would any of these guys be open to switching to LB or maybe GK? :D

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we're going to have a nice 'problem' in a few years where we're going to be loaded with blue chip MF's and not enough spots for them :thumbsup:

would any of these guys be open to switching to LB or maybe GK? :D
hmm maybe not because that sounds just like my preferred 0-9-1 formation with 9 Zuti types and 1 Suker up front to bang them in! ;)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Projekt obitelji Vlašić: 'Uvjeren sam da Nikola može postati igrač za Barcelonu!'

Sve ovo vrijeme Nikolin talent podržan je s tisuću pravilnih odluka. Znam da smo na pravom putu i da Nikola može daleko dogurati. Ali, jednako tako sam svjestan da ne uspijevaju uvijek oni koji mogu, nego oni kojima je Bog dao milosti da to naprave. Zato mi je teško govoriti o tome što će biti sutra, to ne znam, niti mogu znati... Ali ako me pitaš ono najbanalnije pitanje: može li Nikola postati nogometaš svjetske klase, može li sutra igrati u Hajduku, u reprezentaciji ili u Barceloni, moj odgovor na sva ta pitanja je - da, može. Uvjeren sam da može! Vjeruj mi da Nikola može ostvariti sve što možeš zamisliti - kaže Joško Vlašić dok priča o onome što bi trebao biti njegov najveći sportski projekt, a to je nogometna karijera njegova 16-godišnjeg sina Nikole.

Odmah ljuti natjecatelj
Nikola Vlašić je kadet Hajduka i član kadetske reprezentacije Hrvatske. Nedavno je navršio 16 godina (rođen je 4. listopada 1997.)

Iako nogometni treneri u pravilu izbjegavaju davati ocjene o tako mladim nogometašima, za Nikolu Vlašića evidentno je da posjeduje ogroman potencijal. Naravno, prije svega zbog svog talenta, ali i zbog ogromne količine stručnog rada koji mu je omogućio otac Joško.

Nikola Vlašić u programu je od svoje četvrte godine. Joško Vlašić točno pamti datum kad je odlučio da će mali biti - nogometaš.

- Bilo je to 31. svibnja 2002. Tad sam odlučio da će Nikola igrati nogomet. Nikola je tada imao četiri i pol godine. Ali počeli smo i prije toga. S godinu dana vidjelo se da je Niksi motoričko čudovište. Bio je nabijen i čvrst. S tri godine već je skakao s visine od dva metra i nastavljao trk bez zastoja. Svaki motorički zadatak koji bih mu zadao oduševljeno bi izvodio. Bio je ljuti natjecatelj i poraz nije bio u njegovu spoznajnom repertoaru.

Blanku skroz kontrolirao
Nikolin početak u nogometu Joško Vlašić opisao je u tekstu koji je na web stranici Blanke Vlašić objavio 2007. godine. Vrlo je detaljno opisao početne faze Niksijeva razvoja. Nastavio je to i dalje. Od početka je Joško imao jasnu ideju što želi i kako to može ostvariti.

- Kada vidim što sam prošao s Blankom od njenih početaka do danas, nisam se mogao zakleti da ću isto napraviti sa Nikolom. Ne samo po onome da munja ne udara dva puta na isto mjesto nego i zbog toga što sam kod Blanke imao gotovo sve pod kontrolom. Individualni sport i nepobitan mjerljivi rezultat činio nas je izuzetno ranjivim, ali i nedodirljivim. Ali, shvatio sam da Nikolin sportski talent zaslužuje pokušaj, a on zaslužuje šansu koju dobiva svatko od djece u našoj obitelji.

Nikolina nogometna karijere najveći je Joškov trenerski izazov. Iako ne ovisi samo o njemu. Nogomet je kolektivni sport, a Nikola je trenutačno u omladinskom inkubatoru Hajduka. Kao trener Joško je stvorio atletsku šampionsku, svjetsku prvakinju i srebrnu olimpijku, kći Blanku, radio je s košarkaškim šampionima poput Nikole Vujčića, u KK Splitu, a bio je angažiran i u radu omladinske škole Hajduka.

S Marinom nije uspio
Ipak, imao je i jedan podbačaj. Sina Marina pripremao je za košarkašku karijeru, ali nije uspio. Iako je Marin igrao košarku na Gripama te je bio i na sveučilištu u Americi, nije napravio karijeru, prekinuo ju je zbog niza ozljeda skiočnog zgloba. Sad se prebacio na bacanje diska i mogao bi se dobaciti do Olimpijskih igara u Riju, ali to je neka druga priča.

Mnogi će ustvrditi da je individualni sport jedno, a kolektivni nešto drugo. Joško se slaže, ali i ističe da je na kraju najvažniji rad, stručan i planski. Joško otvoreno priča i o svojim kiksevima:

- Istina je da sam imao loše iskustvo s Marinom. Pogriješio sam jer sam s njim radio fizički dio, motoriku, koordinaciju i sve ostalo, a računao sam da će mu košarkaški treneri dati tehniku i taktiku te ga obučiti za igranje košarke. To je bila moja pogrešna procjena jer treneri s kojima je radio na Gripama to nisu napravili. Zato kad sam odlučio da će Nikola igrati nogomet odmah sam krenuo s tim da mu dam vještinu. Nikola je odmah igrao nogomet. Napravit će karijeru ne zato što ima brzinu, eksplozivnost i jer je fizički sjajan nego zato što ima vještinu i istančan talent za igranje nogometa. To je njegova prednost...

Superioran konkurenciji
Nikola je sad u najosjetljivijim nogometnim godinama. To je faza u kojoj se priprema da uskoči u seniorsku konkurenciju. Oni koji ga redovito gledaju tvrde da je već sad superioran u kadetskoj konkurenciji i da bi s lakoćom igrao među juniorima.

U Hajduku Nikola ima dobro okruženje. Kadetska momčad koju vodi trener Marijo Osibov kompaktna je grupa i rezultatski je vrlo uspješna. Hajdukovi kadeti vodeća su momčad u prvenstvu, iako to zapravo nije glavni cilj omladinske škole kojoj je imperativ stvaranje igrača, a ne rezultata.

No, kad se dogode utakmice poput one protiv Dinama koju su kadeti Hajduka nedavno dobili 2-0, onda i to nešto govori. To je bila utakmica koju je s dva gola riješio upravo Nikola Vlašić, koji nije klasičan napadač, nego polušpica, ali može igrati i na krilu i u veznom redu. Isto je ponovio i ove nedjelje protiv Lokomotive na Kajzerici, kad je u pobjedi 2-1 opet zabio dva gola.ƒ

http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogomet...la-moze-postati-igrac-za-barcelonu--/1142411/

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spurs Target Nikola Vlasic: A Very Different Wonderkid Story

Hajduk Split youngster Nikola Vlasic is the newest exciting prospect coming of age and attracting attention of several major European clubs. But the 16-year-old’s path to stardom has been unique in the world of football.

An ambitious dad would usually be the last person to make a reliable judgement on his kid’s potential.

Of course, Josko Vlasic is not just any dad. He is a man obsessed with sports, training and harnessing young talents. And he has already made one world-conquering champion.

A former decathlete, still the national record-holder in that discipline, is married to Venera Vlasic, who used to be a basketball player and a cross-country skier. But it is their daughter Blanka—named after the city of Casablanca, where Josko won the gold medal at the 1983 Mediterranean Games—who is the most famous athlete in the family.

Maybe not for long.

Blanka ranks second in the all-time high jump rankings, behind Stefka Kostadinova. She has won numerous trophies, including gold medals at two World Championships, silver at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the IAAF World Athlete of the Year award in 2010. She has tried to break Kostadinova’s long-standing record (2.09 m) so many times that everyone apart from her father probably lost count long ago, but she has stayed just one centimetre short.

And yet her little brother Nikola, who came through the youth ranks of Hajduk Split, could be set to surpass Blanka’s sporting fame. If you were to believe their father Josko, that is—and perhaps you should.

TWEET
Earlier this month, representatives of Real Madrid and Chelsea came to see the 16-year-old Vlasic in Ireland, where Hajduk played their Europa League qualifier against Dundalk FC. They witnessed the kid scoring on his senior debut for the club.

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly already made an approach, as per Alan Nixon of the Daily Mirror, and are “trying to buy the latest ‘new Luka Modric’—teenage sensation Nikola Vlasic—in a £3 million deal.”

Mind, Nikola Vlasic is not the next Luka Modric. He’s not even the next Alen Halilovic, the 18-year-old wonderkid who transferred from Dinamo Zagreb to Barcelona this summer. Niksi, as they call him, has something that neither of the two Croatian mini maestros possessed at his age.

He has the technique AND the physique.

While Vlasic's skills with the ball and his understanding of the game look hugely promising, he is also incredibly strong for a teenager. He has looked really impressive in all three games he has started for Hajduk so far and has probably been their best player at the beginning of the season.

Hajduk have been using Vlasic as a midfielder, although he can play on either wing, as a second striker or as a false nine. Make no mistake, he is the real deal.

A complete package like that doesn’t just happen, regardless of natural talent. It has been for years in the making. More than a decade ago, Josko Vlasic first told people that his youngest progeny would one day become a top footballer.

Gary M. Prior/Getty Images
But first there was Blanka. Her father recognized her talent from a very young age and, while she dreamt of becoming a professional sprinter, he persuaded her that she was naturally best suited for the high jump.

Josko worked with his daughter individually for many years and her career proved him right.

He has also coached numerous other Croatian athletes, mainly in athletics and basketball, garnering a reputation of a physical preparation guru. And then came Nikola, 14 years younger than Blanka (they have another two siblings, who also tried their hand at sports but didn’t reach professional level).

May 31, 2002. That was the exact day when Josko started coaching his son—who was four-and-a-half years old at the time—to become a footballer, he revealed to Sportske Novosti’s Alen Orlic in November last year (original article in Croatian). He said he wasn’t sure if he had the strength to devote himself to Nikola’s development in the same way he did with his sister, but that he couldn’t ignore the talent he claimed to have recognized in him.

Even though his area of expertise was fitness, Josko decided it was more important for the kid to acquire skill early on.

In a 2012 story for weekly sports magazine MAX! (original article in Croatian), Vlasic the father told Ozren Marsic about some of the details of his individual work with Nikola, describing his motor abilities as “monstrous.” Josko set out to develop his coordination and technique first—so what they did was, basically, play ball for days on end.

Sometimes, it was just the two of them; sometimes Nikola played with his peers and his dad would watch, and sometimes Josko—by then a middle-aged, moustachioed man—would team up with Nikola against older kids in the street or at the school playground.

He would ask for expert advice from Tomislav Ivic, the legendary Croatian coach who won titles and cups in six different European countries. He spent countless hours and days working with Nikola individually. There probably hasn’t been another player in the world who received that kind of help from a renowned coaching expert in his early development.

One detail says it all about Josko Vlasic’s obsession: In that MAX! story, he claimed Nikola had scored “around 30,000 goals” before he joined his first football club.

And when the youngster moved to Hajduk from a smaller local side at 12 years of age, Josko also accepted a job at the club, with a task of revamping their youth academy system. Naturally, he did so: Today its products present the most valuable assets for Hajduk. They recently sold Mario Pasalic, 19, to Chelsea in a deal worth around £3 million; Josip Basic, 18, and Andrija Balic, 16, per Simon Jones in the Daily Mail, are also on the radar of some of the European giants and their transfers could offer a lifeline for the financially strapped club.

It’s a little bit different with Nikola Vlasic.

Although some media outlets, like the Daily Mirror’s article, cite Hajduk's rate for him at £6 million, Vlasic is not for sale—yet. His father and him feel it’s best for the youngster to stay at the club until 2016 at the very least and become an important player for the club in the process. Josko has planned every aspect of his son’s development ever since he was four and he isn’t likely to just change his mind.

Nikola has worked hard every day for 12 years to get to where he is now. While his sister jumped over two metres, he jumped categories and broke records, too:

In March, he scored the winner for Croatia under-18 national team to defeat England in an international friendly, aged 16 years and five months. In Dundalk this month, he became the youngest player to appear for Hajduk senior squad and their youngest ever scorer. It was a dream come true for the whole family.

Now it’s time to set the bar a little higher. The next goal for Vlasic is to establish himself as a regular at Hajduk, the team he wanted to play for ever since he started training to become a footballer. His father feels it’s best for him to develop there, at least for another two years—and so far he has been proven right with almost all of his judgements regarding his kids.

In the meantime, Tottenham, Chelsea, Real Madrid and all the others will just have to wait.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ikola-vlasic-a-very-different-wonderkid-story

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5 Hottest Teenage Prospects from Croatia

Croatia somehow never ceases to produce amazing young football talents who attract the attention of major European clubs. So who are the next wonderkids from this tiny nation marked in scouts’ notebooks?

This summer, three Croatian teenagers have already made big moves.

Alen Halilovic, the highly touted 18-year-old, joined Barcelona and is currently training with the first-team squad, although he’s this season expected to hone his skills in the Catalan giants’ B team. His former Dinamo Zagreb team-mate Robert Muric left for Ajax, a club famous for developing young talent.

Mario Pasalic was signed by Chelsea and immediately loaned to Elche in Spain. The former Hajduk Split player is a year older than the former two and, unlike them, had already become a key player for his club before moving abroad.

There’s always talk of the danger of moving “too early.” Recent years have seen many hot prospects failing to live up to their potential after making a career leap to a wealthier team in a bigger league.

But the matter of fact is that top clubs only want teenagers from a league like Croatia’s.

In 2008, Luka Modric moved from Dinamo to Tottenham Hotspur two months before his 23rd birthday. That sort of deal is very unlikely to happen these days. The age of recruitment has dropped significantly and clubs are regularly forced to fight temptations from big-name suitors before their most talented players can leave their true mark on the pitch.

If they wait for too long, the interest for the player might decline, as well as the sums on offer, or the youngster might not make a very successful transition to senior football. The transfer business is all about timing, particularly in a small country with a poor domestic league standard.

Croatia’s MAXtv Prva Liga is already in full swing and a few teenagers have been making waves since the competition started four weeks ago. The following pages examine the most promising among them.

Nikola Vlasic

Club: Hajduk Split

Position: Attacking midfielder/winger/second striker

Since scoring on his debut as the youngest player in club history, in a Europa League qualifier against Dundalk in Ireland, this kid has become irreplaceable in the squad. And he’s two months shy of his 17th birthday.

Nikola Vlasic possesses amazing ball-handling skills and impressive tactical intelligence, but what really sets him apart is his athleticism and stamina, which is unmatched among his peers. Little wonder, given he has had the unique privilege of working individually with a renowned fitness expert ever since he was four—his father, Josko, is a former decathlete who previously made Nikola’s sister a world champion high jumper.

Marko Pjaca

Club: Dinamo Zagreb

Position: Winger/attacking midfielder

Strong and skilled, Marko Pjaca is the kind of player who is suitable for any position behind the striker and could develop into a classy attacking playmaker.

Pjaca has represented his country in every age group from U17s to U21s, typically as the youngest member of the squad. This summer, he transferred from Lokomotiva Zagreb to Dinamo and has already recorded two goals and three assists in seven appearances.

Marko Rog

Club: RNK Split

Position: Attacking midfielder

He came out of nowhere. More precisely, he came from the third-division side NK Varazdin, previously one of the more successful clubs in Croatia before they went bankrupt in 2012 and degraded to amateur status.

RNK Split discovered Marko Rog and brought him into their squad this summer, just before the player’s 19th birthday. Almost instantly, he became a starter and impressed with his technique on the ball, work rate and vision. He has recorded one goal and two assists in his seven appearances so far, but basic stats only tell a tiny part of the story: Rog is a joy to watch and has been instrumental in his club’s unexpected European success.

Ante Coric

Club: Dinamo Zagreb

Position: Attacking midfielder

Having spent four years in Red Bull Salzburg’s youth academy, Zagreb-born Ante Coric was brought to Dinamo last year. The Croatian champions paid almost a million euros to bring back the talented youngster to his homeland.

He might well be worth of that kind of money, and though he’s only just starting to make his way into the first-team squad, his kind of talent is impossible to miss. Coric has that something special in him and is set to follow the path of Luka Modric, Mateo Kovacic and Alen Halilovic.

Andrija Balic

Club: Hajduk Split

Position: Central midfielder

The long-haired, slick-moving kid has been part of every Croatia youth team from U14 to U18 and this year signed a professional contract with Hajduk Split. He has magical first touch and spatial intelligence, looking destined to become a leader on the pitch.

The club understands that Andrija Balic, unlike his Hajduk and Croatia team-mate Nikola Vlasic, has to be nurtured very carefully, so they have been rationing his appearances and slowly introducing him to the team. But if this kid continues to develop the way he has so far, he could turn into a midfield genius very soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alarm za HNS: Trogrančića Nijemci stalno pritišću da se odluči igrati za elf, već je bio na tri kampa s najboljim njemačkim igračima...

Vijest da je Pep Guardiola na trening prve momčadi Bayerna priključio 15-godišnje čudo od djeteta brzo je obišla Njemačku, a potom i nogometnu Europu. A nakon što smo prenijeli da je riječ o hrvatskom igraču Toniju Trogrančiću, to je postala senzacija i u Lijepoj Našoj.

Jest, Trogrančić je igrao za mlađe uzraste Hrvatske, ali dječak rođen u Njemačkoj, čiji je otac rodom iz BiH, a majka iz Vinkovaca, pod velikim je pritiskom Njemačkog nogometnog saveza da odjene dres elfa! I udovoljio je njihovim željama, tri je puta otišao na kamp najboljih mladih njemačkih nogometaša, i ondje je oduševio. Što je samo signal više za HNS, da ne ispusti takvog talenta. Koji je prošle godine kad smo razgovarali razmišljao kao Hrvat, ali njemački je pritisak sve jači...

Taj je naš mali Toni već dugo pod povećalom Guardiolinog asistenta i ponajboljeg njemačkog lovca na talente Hermanna Gerlanda. On je i najavio da će Toni biti priključen prvoj momčadi.

A kad se to u petak dogodilo, omaleni je Trogrančić cijeli dan bio veseo, nasmijan, bez ikakvih znakova treme ili straha! Ulazio je u duele, njemački Hrvati koji su se našli u Bayernovu kampu (bio je to otvoren trening) prepričavali su kako je Guardiola stalno razgovarao s njim, ali i kako se nakon treninga malo ljutio na njega, kazavši mu:

"Sve je bilo dobro, samo idući put kad ćeš dolaziti obuj kopačke s pravim čepovima!"

Lahm, Dante, Rafinha i ostali odlično su ga prihvatili, pogotovo se s Rafinhom smijao i šalio. A među minhenskim Hrvatima prepričava se kako je Weiseru loptu gurnuo kroz noge, pa ga je 21-godišnji veznjak u šali upozorio "Nemoj to više raditi!"

"Očekivao sam da će ići s pola snage na mene, jer sam toliko mlađi i sitniji, a u prvoj akciji me Rafinha odnio da sam letio dva metra!" prepričavao je Toni prijateljima nakon treninga.

Nije im ostao dužan: on je faulirao i kapetana Lahma! Pokazao je savršenu tehniku koja ga krasi, jednom je prilikom okrenuo nekoliko igrača, jednom su trojica bila oko njega i nisu mu uzeli loptu, jedan mu je volej Reina odlično zaustavio...

Obećanje je tu: Guardiola te prati, bit ćeš opet pozvan! Treba li HNS-u veća pozivnica da se još više angažira?

POVEZANI
http://www.goal.com/hr/news/7081/hr...-mali-hrvat-gurao-kroz-noge-igračima-bayerna-

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Eh jebi ga, ako ga Njemci hoće vjerojatno će ga i dobiti kao i Bobića.

But how does the HNS react, they called him to our selections, and this is all we can do for now. We can't cap a 15 year old. The extent of what the HNS can do is to continue to call him, and have a communication with the kid.

This is where Kovač, having played for Bayern can play his part as well, by talking to the kids parents, and making sure his target is representing his own country, and not his adopted one.

·
DZG
891 Posts
so many midfielders....add Halilović and Kovačić who is still young and you have a crowded middle in a few years. No backs or stoppers except Jedvaj maybe. Slatke brige :)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so many midfielders....add Halilović and Kovačić who is still young and you have a crowded middle in a few years. No backs or stoppers except Jedvaj maybe. Slatke brige :)
I like what I saw of Datkovic and Simunovic. They may not be on Jedvaj's level but hopefully can become solid

I'd love if we could get LB Jeremy Toljan too

·
dinamo67
9,543 Posts

But how does the HNS react, they called him to our selections, and this is all we can do for now. We can't cap a 15 year old. The extent of what the HNS can do is to continue to call him, and have a communication with the kid.

This is where Kovač, having played for Bayern can play his part as well, by talking to the kids parents, and making sure his target is representing his own country, and not his adopted one.
Yeh, we've obviously made it clear that we want him as he's been called up for the youth teams. Its all up to him now and which country he wants to play for.

This u19 generation is quite talented. Not sure whats happening with their results though.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
I like what I saw of Datkovic and Simunovic. They may not be on Jedvaj's level but hopefully can become solid

I'd love if we could get LB Jeremy Toljan too
I like Datkovic too, but I only see him being a fringe NT player at best. Sorta like a Schildenfeld today; not a guaranteed call-up for every game, won't play at a big team, but will get a spot start and some minutes here and there, especially if injuries occur with starters :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Imaš malog Kalaicu na stoperu, i malog Brekala, za kojeg sinoć moji na nogometu pričaju da je čudo od djeteta, tri koplja iznad svih u tom uzrastu 1998 (a i Lynx ga je spominjao prije).

Mali Mamić također... neće bit problema čini mi se, a još koji će propupat nezapaženo i eto nam repke koja se opet može nositi sa najboljima :thumbsup:

·
DZG
891 Posts
Imaš malog Kalaicu na stoperu, i malog Brekala, za kojeg sinoć moji na nogometu pričaju da je čudo od djeteta, tri koplja iznad svih u tom uzrastu 1998 (a i Lynx ga je spominjao prije).

Mali Mamić također... neće bit problema čini mi se, a još koji će propupat nezapaženo i eto nam repke koja se opet može nositi sa najboljima :thumbsup:
Ja se bojim naših novinara koji napuhavaju perspektivne mladiće i stvaraju pritisak, ali nema sumnje da ima talenta. Nadam se da si u pravu, živi bili pa vidjeli :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,105 Posts

This kid already said he wants to play for Croatia in an interview with the other Bayern youth player whose name I can't remember. This other kid was supposed to play for the under 17s recently but was injured.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ja se bojim naših novinara koji napuhavaju perspektivne mladiće i stvaraju pritisak, ali nema sumnje da ima talenta. Nadam se da si u pravu, živi bili pa vidjeli :thumbsup:
yes it's definitely a bit of that, but clearly there is a lot of potential there. And with this many high quality candidates for the future, surely a few of them will reach or get close to their full potential and become stars! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Alot of these midfielders wont have enough space on the Cro NT! Theyll start playing for other national teams. We really are the "brazilians of europe" :D

1 - 20 of 227 Posts