Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FC Barcelonas future is looking VERY interesting. The transformation could be 100%, a total makeover for the Bau-Grana!

Think about it. When Van Gaal leaves. and he will if Valencia wrap it up tomorrow (hope not!) then the Catalans will be revolting for the Dutch colony to dissolve. I cant say that this a good thing. The D.Boer twins and Kluivert are world-class. ANd if Hesp,Bogarde,Reiziger and Zenden where to leave thay might want to leave as well.

The Spanish part of the club is stable. Especially for the homegrown boys.
Xavi and Gabri are stars already (maybe Puyol) and Nano was a talent, we all saw it in the supercup.

Rivaldo is leaving. Pray for that the real Barca superstar is not-Luis Figo. We all know that Rivaldo is not what he was expected to be anymore. This might be a temporaily slump but still, his stocks are on top right now.

And what do you think about Guardiolas future if Van Gaal leaves? Id say he stays and tries to make the club more succesfull then ever. But you never know...He might be tired of it, even though his har IS blue-Red...
The same goes for Sergi. If he isnt promised a starting position next year he wil ask for a transfer....

Players coming here is the other half.
Links and rumors havent been as hot as for Madrid but thats because nobody knows if Van Gaal stays.
Marc Overmars was to be the next Dutchmen at Barca. Now that Vaan Gaall is facing the sack and the Arse are making the CL he is no more... So who should Barca buy for the Left-wing position? If RIvaldo leaves only Zenden would be the natural lef-wing.
But hey...If Van Gaal leaves then this tactic might vanish as well.

Well, the club is sure up for some changes. So what do you other Barca fans think of it?

Real&Barcafan

PS.Sorry for it being so lon-but this is natural when a "long-term" coach as Van Gaal is leaving!

I

·
0 Posts
I think if VG leaves...so will the 3-4-3 system...as for the Dutch colony...we shouldn't get rid of them just for the sake of it...Barca should keep most of them as they are world class. Certainly, Frank De Boer, Kluivert, Zenden, Cocu and Reiziger have proven valuable. Bogarde might be better off somewhere else and I think RDeBoer deserves a first team place elsewhere since he can't get it at Barca. My estimation of Hesp has gone down a lot in past year and he should go, especially at his age. There will be no shortage of takers (esp from England) should the Dutch players be available.
I think Gabri could be the next Lius Enrique and Xavi is quite good. Puyol still has a long way to go.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
We have to keep Zenden. He will only get better and better. Besides, he loves the club. Bogarde and R de Boer might leave, like Hesp and Litmanen....

·
Registered
964 Posts
Real&Barce fan.Figo is the best player in this team and the world.Ask a man who knows something about soccer as he was the best player in the world at a stage(Johan Cruyf).
Figo doesnt score that many goals , but he does score alot of them.If you look at the no. of assists in the Cl you will see he is the clear leader as well as the most fowled player and thats because defenders cant touch him.
VIVA FIGO the only person who can get Barce out of the mess they are in.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It's an interesting indicator of a club's size when 2nd place (still possibly 1st) and Champions League semi-finals (still possibly final and even victory) is considered being in a mess.
Now, Atletico ARE in a mess, but we aren't really.
Ok, we surely under-achieved this season because we have the best team in the world on paper, but i'm not panicking.
Perhaps it is now best for VG to leave though, nomatter how he does on wednesday, because hisattitude seems to be increasingly going in opposite drections to the club and it's fans.
He did a great job for us, but let's see if someone else now can continue that job up to another level.
(I still advocate 3-4-3, i believe it's his personal rather than tactical skills which are the problem.)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Paulo, Figo isn't the most fowled player in CL because he is too good. He is the most fowled player because he rather dives between three men, and getting a free-kick, than crossing the ball to Kluivert or Rivaldo...

Oly, I see only two men capable of continuing with 3-4-3: Johan Cruijff and Ronald Koeman. The first won't be coach, but maybe the second will :)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
CM, I'm not saying their the only ones capable of coaching 3-4-3. I think the word "willing" would have been a better option. 3-4-3 is almost tradition in Holland, and almost all the coaches prefer it. Unlike most non-Dutch coaches. Although they are very well capable of playing 3-4-3.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Paulo worte:"Figo doesnt score that many goals , but he does score alot of them".

Hmmmmm, never thought that was possible guys ;)

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Well, clearly something must be done. It's all over in Europe this year. I am heart broken, we really should have done it all this year. I can't understand what happened to us. I think what we lack is the team mentality that Valencia seems to have. I hated to see them celebrating on our field, but i noticed how very close they were. I would definitely like to see some more passion out of our players. It seems like it only comes when the fans pull it out of them, which is truly disappointing. Today, i feel confident in saying that we will find ourselves in the same position next year unless we solidify our defense with truly quality defenders. No more Dehu, no more Bogarde. Lets make that big buy for a defender of true class, the Nesta's, Thuram's, and Cannavaro's of this world are few and far between. But we can afford them. Please tell me how you all feel. I am so sad, i feel let down by a team that showed so much promise, but delivered so little. Visca Barca!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
R&Bfan said:

Real&Barcafan...

OMG :eekani: I knew it all the time, Micke is actually a former Glory Hunter Barça fan :tongue: :happy: :dielaugh:

now i know why you want Barça to get the CL spot. :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i heard that barca is also interested in Javier Zanetti, Clearance Seedorf, and Toldo...but Zanetti will stay at Inter...Seedorf and Toldo? probably...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Ok, if you guys just asked me, I would've told you...
And to re-live such an ancient thread....
Thread closed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.