Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now with figo in it is well known to all of us that figo will start in his prefered right wing position and that i think might be the end of macca.
he is already wanted by roma so he might be on his way.:(

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I think that Macca being transferred is not such an easy task. His contract with Real is HUGE (as in wages) and I don't think he'll settle for (much) less. Plus, there's the transfer money for Real Madrid (we didn't have to pay any to Liverpool last year - contract expired).

Most probably, I think he'll stick around for another year at least. We don't have another right winger of his standards anyway (Geremi is no Macca IMO), what happens if e.g. Figo's injured and out for a couple of months?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I think it makes no harm to have another right-sided player in our team. If we can accomodate so many left-sided players, why not? :)
Moreover, Macca's style seems to be starting on the right and over the course of match, you see him more in the middle. Figo seems to fare better right down to opposition's line.
Anyway, with so many matches we have to play this coming season, both will have ample chances to play. And don't forget about the Olympics where we're going to lose some players.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts