Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The future and the reconstruction phase

Fatigue, lack of humility, the very predictable style or the injuries of Pires and Zidane can be brought up as the reasons for this fiasco at the 2002 World Cup. Now that the players and the staff are back to France, all these reasons will lead towards the main questions and interrogations as to the future of this team and the consequences of this shocking and unexpected collective failure. Those interrogations can be put into three main categories: Lemerre's future; who will be the new coach of France; and how will the new team look like.

The very first interrogation will be on the future of Roger Lemerre. The logical flow, based on the history of the French National Team would tend towards an imminent demission of Lemerre; however, Lemerre is such an ambiguous and imprevisible person that nothing can be taken from granted with him. Lemerre had his contract prolonged until the end of the Euro 2004, just prior to the beginning of the this year's World Cup.

Currently, it is quite evident that it seems that Lemerre would be soon sacked. As to whom would be the new coach of France, there is currently wide speculations in France. This decision will be taken soon as France will start their Euro 2004 campaign on September 06th. The potential candidates for the national coach job are numerous but all of them are currently engaged with their respective clubs: Arsène Wenger (Arsenal), Jean Tigana (Fulham), Luis Fernandez (Paris SG), Guy Roux (Auxerre) or even Rolland Courbis (Ajaccio) :eek::confused: as reported by the French media today.

However, the most serious candidates likely to be named are three: the most logical of all tend to be René Girard, the current assistant of Roger Lemerre. This has been the logical flow of the National Team coaches in the history of the past years, with the assistant replacing the sacking or resigning coach. Lemerre was the assistant of Aimé Jacquet, Jacquet was the assistant of Gérard Houllier, Houllier was the assistant of Michel Platini.

There's another possibility that is widely accepted in France, among the football community is to have the current coach of the Under 21, Raymond Domenech being promoted to the ultimate job in French football. Domenech has also just prolonged his contract with the Under 21. The former Lyon coach has all it takes to be France's new coach, he has the charisma and the competences necessary to sustain such a role and also his results and achievements are talking for him.

There's also a third possibility advanced byt the French media, and that's promoting former captain Didier Deschamps to the coach of France. Deschamps has the big advantage of knowing all or most of the current players very well and has an incomparable experience of the highest level. Even tough his first experience as a coach hasn't been that successful where he finished 15th with Monaco last year in the French league, he is nonetheless, a serious candidate.

Now onto how will the new team will look like, starting with whom will be the new captain. First off all, some players will retire, such as Leboeuf and Djorkaeff, who have already decided to retire after this World Cup.
Other players could follow them in their decision to retire from international football. The current captain, Marcel Desailly could be one of them, just like probably Bixente Lizarazu, Alain Boghossian or Christophe Dugarry.

The other players close to their 30's, are reported to continue their international career for a few more years. Players like Thuram, Pires, Micoud, Makelele and above all Zidane should become the leaders of the new France National Team, unless the new national coach decides to take advantage of the relative "weakness" of the qualifications group for Euro 2004 (composed of Cyprus, Malta, Israel and Slovenia) to give their chances to younger players of the new generation.

In all probabilities, except Zidane that is impossible to replace, Vieira (he could be the new captain, if it's not Zizou or Thuram), Trezeguet, Henry, Barthez, Cissé, Candela or Wiltord will more than likely be the core and back-bone of the new France Team and they will have the taks of helping and guiding the new generation, which is quite promising with the likes of Govou, Mexès or Landreau among many others that should integrate the France Team very soon.

Let us also hope that players like Stéphane Dalmat get finally their chance in the national team. Who will be the coach? what will the new team be or how it will look like? Those are crucial questions that the French Federation has to answer rapidly and intelligently in order for France to bounce back from this fiasco and be ready to get back to the top of world football.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!:star::star:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Payman, looking to the future is the way to go, my man! ;)

For the new coach I want Tigana! :hopefull: Any chance that will happen, they did ask him last time, no?

Deschamps... a little coaching success wouldn't hurt before you take charge of a national team...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
248 Posts
numerodix, tigana according to the french newspaper is a serious contender. It is said that he is supported by aime jacquet and michel platini. Many puts him ahead of deschamps when it comes to their chances to take the job... We shall see what happens

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
I'm making no worries on France's future!

Landreau, Mexès, Malbranque, Govou, Meriem, Boumsong, Armand, Bréchet, Berson, Vercoutre, Pedretti, Sorlin etc >> Just a few name, but that will do ! :tongue:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
my line up for Portugal 2004.

-------------Cissé--------------Henry---------------

-----Pires---------------Zidane---------------------

-----------Vieira--------------Makélélé------------

Candela------Mexès-----Thuram (c)-----Sagnol

--------------------Barthez--------------------------

subs: Carriére, Frau, Silvestre, Landreau, Malbranque, Micoud, Trézéguet, Bréchet, Cheyrou.

and for 2006.

------------Cissé---------------Henry-----------------

-Sorlin-----------------------Malbranque-------------

----------Berson----------Vieira (c)-------------------

Escudé-----Mexès---------Boumsong----Sagnol--

--------------------Landreau---------------------------

subs: Frey, Bréchet, Frau, Silvestre, Frau, Chapuis, Sablé, Cheyrou, Le Tallec, Delpierre, Armand, Govou.

hopefully it will come more young stars to count on!!

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
I had a chance to watch the entire Youth FIFA WC from Trinidad & Tobago last year and all I can say is that France has talent rising like there's no tomorrow...
The key is to retain the talent and mold it properly, with that in mind you guys are back in the thick of things with no worries.

:cap:

G

·
you know what?
i'm sure the bleuets could be better than the squad A in this wc!

i would like see, the duo of auxerre - cissé, kapo- in the next squad. also bruno cheyrou, mexes, escudé and sorlin.

·
Registered
248 Posts
lili i thought exactly the same thing and told it to my friends. I was like "we are so damn bad that our youth team would have done better", they were all like "come on julien ! don't say crap like that"
But i mean what did our crap team did that the youth team wouldn't have done ?Nothing, they didn't score a single goal and they looked awfull, ok meyriem isn't zidane but govou and luyindula are sure superior to djorkaeff and dugarry (talking about crappy forward :()

Anyway let's forget about all this otherwise i am not gonna sleep :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
c'est "l'indien" dans "pour quelques dollars de plus" de Sergio Leone avec clint eastwood. L'acteur en question est Gian Maria Volonte, un italien qu'on a pu voir dans le cercle rouge de melville :)
Voila pour toi lili, attention ne me lance pas sur le ciné tu risques de ne plus m'arreter ;)
A propos je pense que tu avais deja visité mon site web mais si tu es curieuse jettes y un nouveau coup d'oeil, je viens de le refaire et ca en jette, y'a meme un forum coupe du monde :)
Donc avis aux amateurs ! (francais)

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok, je vois:)
j'irai faire un tour sur ton site.
j'aurai quand même bien aimé connaître ton avis sur "irreversible" est-ce seulement un coup médiatique?

·
Registered
248 Posts
perso j'ai trouvé irreversible HONTEUX, je ne comprend pas l'interet de ce film baclé, au scenar tenant sur 2 pages et a l'interpretation reposant sur l'improvisation TOTALE. Bref je me suis emmerdé et plus que ca j'ai trouvé qu'on se moquait du spectateur. En tant que cinephile ce film ne me touche pas du tout. Maintenant je ne compte pas representer koi que ce soit. C juste moin avis de cineaste :)

Bon je t'attend sur mon forum ;) et mon site sinon pkoi changer de pseudo? envie de te ménager une nouvelle identité ici ;) ?

G

·
ok, c'est l'avis de pas mal de gens finalement, mais, tu sais, j'adore dupontel, et j'ai du mal à croire qu'il se soit impliqué dans un navet:)

pour mon autre identité, c'est une longue histoire, en fait, je suis arrivée ici avec marilou, mais tu connais mon anglais:D , impossible de me logger correctement, alors j'ai recommencé avec lili et ça a marché.

·
Registered
248 Posts
si tu aimes dupontel tu vas etre encore plus decu si je te dis qu'il est ridicule dans le film, d'ailleurs la critique a souvent souligné qu'il etait completement a coté de la plaque dans le film. Mais il est vrai que l'improvisation n'est pas un exercice facile c le moins qu'on puisse dire. Donc personne ne lui en voudra ;)

G

·
je suis allée faire un tour sur ton site, cool!!!
t'as pas trop de mal à trouver de l'argent pour tes réalisations?

·
Registered
248 Posts
t'as pas posté sur le forum ;), pour l'argent oui c compliqué a trouver, la plupart du temps comme nous sommes reunis en association il s'agit de coprod financées par nos propres soins et souvent a la debrouillardise.
Maintenant on a quelques dossiers en cours auprès de producteurs donc je ne sais pas ce que ca va donner, nous le saurons bientot...
Bon lili je t'attend sur notre forum, tu dois faire honneur a ton pays et a mon site :D
Tu as regardé quelques films ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts