Xtratime Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BATTY AND BOWYER ON FUTURE
by Chris Bargh

LEEDS duo David Batty and Lee Bowyer have been talking about what lies ahead for Leeds next season.
Batty spoke of the relief of qualifying for the UEFA Cup again next season, while Bowyer revealed the latest on his contract talks and how he is revelling in his central midfield role.

"Batty said: "It's good that we have qualified for Europe and we want to finish the season on a high.

"But this has been a disappointing season, there is no doubt about it, and when that happens at a big club like ours you can expect some players to come in and some to go out.

"None of the players are safe in the knowledge that they will be here next season so it's a question of waiting to see what happens during the summer.

"I'd like to think I still have a lot to offer the club though obviously the older I get the less influence I have and the fewer games I will play."

Bowyer, who has recently been playing alongside Batty at the heart of the United midfield, added: "My favoured position is in the centre of midfield because I like to get into the box and score instead of crossing the ball from the wings.

"I played in the centre during the last couple of games and I'm happy with my form there."

Bowyer continued: "People have been wondering whether I am going to stay at Leeds, certain things have happened here that I wasn't happy about but that is not going to be enough to push me away from here.

"Hopefully my advisor and the chairman will agree terms and I will still be here next season."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank God! Bowyer is staying, or at least he wants to... :relieved: This is music to my ears... I would personaly say that Bowyer is the best player Leeds have and it would be a terrible loss to see him go. We all have our faviroutes in the squad, but I think that I can say that we all think Bowyer is one of, if not the best player Leeds has??? I'm sure any team looking for a midfielder would not have to think twice about getting him to put pen to paper. I'm sure DO is relieved that Bowyer wants to stay... :)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Batty is getting older though and I don't know how much longer he will be getting to start the games.

·
Registered
98 Posts
How can you say that Batty won't beable to start for Leeds - have you been watching his performances?
He is a class act in midfield - always gives 100% and does far more leg work that the likes of Viduka.... we would be at a sever loss without him.. He is Leeds through and through..

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no! Don't get me wrong, he's a class player and a real Leeds Lad. :tongue: But you must admit he is getting on and maybey he wont be playing starting 11 football for that much longer. We have some bright young stars that can show there worht still...

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Batty is the type of player every team needs- a strong mid that works his heart out, tackles everyone and does all the dirty work. Very useful.
Well, the FA and the ref's like to see it as dirty work. If it were say Liverpool it would be taking the ball...

:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.