Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you see the future of argie football?
I have these items among many that bothers me:

1. The lack of potreros

Is not the same to play in the street, in the baldio near your house, four hours till your mother call you, than do in it ocassionaly in a papi football court, or even worse passing four hours playing FIFA 2005...the lack of security, the paranoia produced is taking the joy of playing, just for playing, in the formation of possible new players.

2. The younger divisions

They are not providing at least an atmosphere like the potrero in the key ages, when really are kids till twelve, no space to develope their imagination and improve their level of skills.

3. The economic situation

Kids with bad alimentation, that produce the future injures in their pro stage, they sure still have potreros, but also managers seeking them at the age of twelve.

4. The inmediat results

Even in younger divisions, not to tell in Primera...

5. The lack of respect for a determinant role with every system till now, and a symbol of waht to achive: the playmaker.

Even in younger divisions are many times dissmissed.

And overall the less:
time for development..
the less GAME, in the game...
the less imagination...
the less above ALL: technicall atributes, the more ugly game.

This is the worst scenario in years, and better WIN the WC with the likes of an Aimar-Roman, with the importance of LEGACY that at least will carry, if not prepare for a different Argentina in the future, better for many, worse for me if we don't change many of these things...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
I wouldn't know about the potreros and what is being built in those lots now but I do know that as a kid I'd play everywhere! With the kids of the block we'd all chip in (back in my days we has Australes) and buy those ghetto plastic balls that when you kicked them they'd curve all over the place. The fun would come to an end when our balls would eventually pop. Blowing air in it to give it back its shape was no longer fun when you'd step on it every minute.

There were times we'd improvise and make our own balls out of old newspaper and plastic bags. There was always a kid that would make them just right. Bow we had fun!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we always found a way to play, and play we did. Many of the kids I played with went to to join various youth divisions with some even playing in Primera. From what you're saying Fangio, I gather that kids are not flocking the streets, parking lots and potreros to get dirty playing the game. Correct?

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The lack of security makes parents don't leave their kids out, you like me Loc, are australes era, and we saw the first wave of insecurity, the typical robbery of tennis shoes..but was the first sight of the iceberg. We used to LIVE in the street, playing football everywhere, in lost lots,we ride bycicles too, having fights, accidents, but LIVING, now they just do that if they live in a Country or guarded neighbourhood, and the paranoia makes it worse...so the potreros are gone, may be for ever..the ones that have anything but potreros, Villas, etc..stil having the game, but the criminality increase, they are had worse alimentation, and just a nutmeg and three managers behind..see the Lamela kid, is outrageous to trouble, to confuse the mind of that kid, at such age, even in a club: IS time to play...

The lack of joy, of improvisation in the game, of even lousy courts with rocks and mud, etc..create in mainly Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay those impredictable players taht are our trademark, but even Brazil facing some similar problems, still have a gegraphic advantage in many zones, THE BEACH, how much Brazil owe to the football play in beaches? well less than myth, but quite a lot in their style, speacially the shooting...there are so many aspects that create a typical player, that may be in the next years we will loose, the passion will still there, more marketing in many cases: (video games, a la Becks stars) more image than substance may be, but still the kids in the school LOVE football, and they gathered to play not in potreros but in clubs, papi courts, the thing is that when you reduce it to Ligas, Clubs, is all ABOUT winning, in stages that must be all about playing, think that at least we argies always have more joy in throwing a nutmeg, in dribbling, in great passes or getting into the net to score than actiually making goals, the goals in those stages and even now when we meet with friends is to have fun, to make the best goal, and of course also to kick everyone there to win, cause we love to win too.
But in a club level in aliga if a kid try too consecutive nutmegs..OUT!!!, that will probably make a future prototype player that will be ages from a Maradona, Sivori, Alonso, Riquelme, they will still appear, but the middle class will look like many now, not DARING TO PLAY, cause many don't have the technical development they should have..and again the bad alimentation enshort the careers of the majority of the African and SA.players...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts