Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a "rookie" and having said that I'm really impressed with the "standard" of post, sometimes almost scary for their "depth" almost close to literature, I will "start" this thread, hoping not to annoy members, especially the "milanisti" members.

I wanted to start with the Diego Abbatantuono joke on Inter, but I've seen that member "San Siro" has it as a "signature", so directly from a downtown bar in Milan here for you all is: Gattuso's secret dream.

Ringhio speking to Galliani about his future in Milan, is ready to link his future to AC at one condition: "I'll stay here till you think I'm usefull, forget about the pay raise I asked last summer, I just "want" one thing", Adriano Galliani caught by suprise, and taking Ringhio very seriously, asks him: "O.K. Rino, what is it that you want so badly?", Rino with no hesitation says "I want to play the next derby alone, it's ME Vs Inter". Galliani after hour of discussions, and only after Berlusconi's relustant blessing, finally gives up.

The match starts off with Milan pressing Inter all the way, half way trough the first half Gattuso scores a beauty on a 30 meter free kick, Toldo can only look at the ball heading were spiders thread their web.

Second half, it's all another story, Inter are in charge of the game, tight in defence, wonderfully orchastrated in midfield by Il Chino (moved back to midfield after talks between Moratti and Zac at halftime), and a "atomic" attack Vieri/Martins. Finally in the injury time a Eurogoal by Bobo makes it 1-1.

Post match interviews: Galliani: "Even if I thought that the game was "ours", in all fairness I must say that this 1-1 draw is the result that in the end reflects the path of the game, we were in command for most of the first half, Inter dominated the second half, so even if we were heading till the very last minute, definetly Inter deserved their late equalizer. Their is just one thing I would like to add: I'm a bit dissapointed with the ref for Gattuso's second yellow card at the beginning of the second half, I feel it was a bit harsh".

:devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
i heard the version where

marco van basten says to baresi..."let me play alone this derby", franco says "i dunno marco, its tough i mean are you sure"........"of course" replies marco

so the rest of the team go to a bar and are watching the game....marco scores a goal after taking on the whole team and slotting in into the upper 90.

late in stoppage time, bergomi scores with a header....marco joins the team at the bar, really sad......baresi and rijkard try to console him, but marco is saddened by the stupid fould he commited on bergomi and got sent off in the 50th minute.....

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Thank you very much Diavolo for this beautiful funny story!!:thumbsup:

So you're from Milano? That's awesome!!!!:)

Please give us as much "live" feedback on a daily basis about the things that we, those are far away from our beloved team don't get to see/hear/feel.

I just finished reading an amazing book that I would strongly suggest to any true Milan fan but also those wanting to know what it is and what it represents to be a Milanista. While reading it, I got the goosebumps and at some points, even tears of pride. It's a book in Italian but well worth the time to read it. It's called Rossoneri Comunque. It's an interesting book since 25 Milanisti, from all walks of life, from lawyers, musicians, actors, businessmen, former Milan players and coaches and legends are relating what it is for them to be a Milanista. It's an incredible book. I'm sure that Diavolo you must have read it.

I also started reading another great book, by the great journalist, Davide Grassi, called Inter?No, Grazie! Come non diventare Interisti e vivere felici. It's an amazing book on how to live happily and not become an Interista. It's hilarious about the best reasons why all Milanisti LOVE Inter and couldn't live without Inter...Time permitting, I'd post here some of the highlighest and most memorable moments. But if Diavolo is willing, he can also share with us some tasty anecdotes about the Derby or anything Milan related in the Anecdotes thread.

Cheers.;)

Welcome again Diavolo!!!Cosa fai in Milano? Dici che sei piu anziano degli altri qui, allora, imagino che devi essere un Riveriano-doc?;) Io purtruppo, non ho avuto la fortuna di vedere il Golden Boy in azione visto non ero ancora nato, ma piu lo scopro, piu mi affascina. Una vera legenda, in piu di essere stato, non soltanto la bandiera del Milan, ma sopratutto e simplemente, per tutti e dovunque, il Milan per 20 anni.

FORZA GOLDEN BOY!!!!:proud:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
San Siro said:
Thank you very much Diavolo for this beautiful funny story!!:thumbsup:

So you're from Milano? That's awesome!!!!:)

Please give us as much "live" feedback on a daily basis about the things that we, those are far away from our beloved team don't get to see/hear/feel.

I just finished reading an amazing book that I would strongly suggest to any true Milan fan but also those wanting to know what it is and what it represents to be a Milanista. While reading it, I got the goosebumps and at some points, even tears of pride. It's a book in Italian but well worth the time to read it. It's called Rossoneri Comunque. It's an interesting book since 25 Milanisti, from all walks of life, from lawyers, musicians, actors, businessmen, former Milan players and coaches and legends are relating what it is for them to be a Milanista. It's an incredible book. I'm sure that Diavolo you must have read it.

I also started reading another great book, by the great journalist, Davide Grassi, called Inter?No, Grazie! Come non diventare Interisti e vivere felici. It's an amazing book on how to live happily and not become an Interista. It's hilarious about the best reasons why all Milanisti LOVE Inter and couldn't live without Inter...Time permitting, I'd post here some of the highlighest and most memorable moments. But if Diavolo is willing, he can also share with us some tasty anecdotes about the Derby or anything Milan related in the Anecdotes thread.

Cheers.;)

Welcome again Diavolo!!!Cosa fai in Milano? Dici che sei piu anziano degli altri qui, allora, imagino che devi essere un Riveriano-doc?;) Io purtruppo, non ho avuto la fortuna di vedere il Golden Boy in azione visto non ero ancora nato, ma piu lo scopro, piu mi affascina. Una vera legenda, in piu di essere stato, non soltanto la bandiera del Milan, ma sopratutto e simplemente, per tutti e dovunque, il Milan per 20 anni.

FORZA GOLDEN BOY!!!!:proud:
First of all I would like to thank you lot for the warm welcome you gave me, second being from Milan you all make me feel very proud, not only cause I'm delighted to see that their are a lot of milanisti aroud, but also for the "quality" of the "brothers" in this forum. Third don't be "afraid" to post some "funny" stories, cause it might be nice for a milanista to live aroud here but if you have some "verbal amunition" it can, from time to time be very helpfull. Fifth, never be ashamed of being to "nasty" with a interista, I still remember the nightmare when we were in Serie B, I never feel any pity for them, as they showed no pity for us. 6th I read the first book you listed, it's wondeful, and I love the story you posted, it's from Franz Di Cioccio (PFM drummer), if you say that the second book it graet I'll go out and by it. Gianni Rivera (la perla rossonera), is simply the reason why I became Milanista, and I can garantee you that Milan picked up a lot of new tifosi because of him, he is still regarded as the best Italian player ever, everytime a youngster with talent comes up papers will title something like "E' nato il nuovo Rivera". He's "our" third last "capitano", yes cause in 40 years we have had only 3, Rivera, Baresi, Maldini, it's something to be proud of, no other team can make such a claim.

Going back a couple of month:

Finally at Inter something "positive". Kallon :devil:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Diavolo said:
. Fifth, never be ashamed of being to "nasty" with a interista,
:thumbsup::

That's the true Milanista spirit!!!:tongue:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Inter Channel, the only TV station in the World, toghethr with the History Channel, that has 90% of it's content in black & white.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
Diavolo: welcome to the forums! :) Equally funny joke every time you hear it. :D

Speaking of books that relates to Milan and our proud history, I can highly recommend Eva af Geijarstam´s 'Grenoli', about the three Great Swedes. Of course you need to be able to understand Swedish, I don´t think it´s been translated into other languages, but we´ve got quite a few Scandinavian´s in these forums... It took me a while to get it from Sweden but well worth the wait - sublime reading.

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
bono said:
Are you saying all Scadinavians speaj Sweedish? Is it compulsory in Schools, liek Russian was for Eastern Europe during communism???? :eek: :confused:

:tongue:
Well, in Denmark the examination requirements in primary and grammar school say we have to deal with a certain amount of Swedish and Norwegian literature within the Danish classes. Not very hard, though, cause the languages are quite similar.

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
:D I would think the Swedes and Norwegians have to read some Danish literature as well; after all we used to own those countries..:stuckup::tongue:

Part of our common education, I guess..

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
I all seriousness - its a great example. I hope so much one day we , in the Balkans do the same thing, and for example the classes of Bulgarian literature include things from the neibours and beyond, with whome we have been so many times part of one country, thou with different rulers and names ...

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
:)

Can´t say I know much about Bulgarian literature; Vazov(sp.) I´ve heard of but only by name and I think his work narrates around the struggle of your people against the "evil" Turks..:fero:

Your music is quite interesting; my cousin, who studies at the Danish rhytmical music academy, is enthusiastic about and advocates the traditional Bulgarian chorus.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Yes, Vazov, taht right ... GOOD! Unfortunately too many things evolved around teh "evil" Turks not only in literature. May be it was normal late 19th century, as we were an young nation looking for slef-identuity. But it went wayyyy too long and is present somehow even now. I found this rediculous. The whole concept is flaud .. .anyway,

As for our chorus and traditional folklore - I am a huge fan too. I have several CDs available only in BG, I guess, so let me know if your brother is interetsed. We might do sth about it ... ;)

1 - 20 of 1151 Posts