Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been so many hilarious incidents that have happened in the game,whether on the field or off it.What are yours?One I can say even though it would've been rather painful,was the John Hartson booting West Ham teammate Eyal Berkovic in the head at Training.
Although it would've killed it looked quite funny. :tongue:

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Good thread; it's nice to just not take things too seriously sometimes. I can't think of any funny things right now so I'll let the others have a go at it. ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about Ronaldo coming out with that pathetic hair do in the WC of 2002. :yuck:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Gary Neville showing the world the fool he is by doing a backheel last week and you know what happened

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulsar36 said:
Gary Neville showing the world the fool he is by doing a backheel last week and you know what happened
You're amazing Puls :D I was just about to state GN,On the fact that how the hell does this guy think that he can play football?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Last year we had this player in Belgium at Charleroi who was like REALLY bad. When he finally after more than a thousand minutes scored his first goal for the club he was so enthiousiastic that he made a salto and broke his ankle. :D

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
We stay at Charleroi:

A couple of seasons I can't remember who they were playing against, but it was a difficult season for them. Quite early in the game the opponent's striker breaks loose and goes alone towards the keeper who handles the ball outside the area. Mamadou Kéré the Charleroi-defender thinks a faul is given (and thus a red card will be given) out of disappointlment kicks the ball away. The ball ends up in the Charleroi goal and the referee, who in fact hadn't seen the handball and hadn't whistled, accords the own-goal :D

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Schumy said:
How about Ronaldo coming out with that pathetic hair do in the WC of 2002. :yuck:
That wasn't funny, that was just stupid.

What's funny is how many European finals Juventus can lose and always going in as favorites :dielaugh:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Personal top 5 moment; away game at Udine, after scoring Zidane wanted to jump over the advertisement boards behind the goal, but fell and plummeted to the ground. Still deserves a good chuckle every now and then.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Cacìni said:
Personal top 5 moment; away game at Udine, after scoring Zidane wanted to jump over the advertisement boards behind the goal, but fell and plummeted to the ground. Still deserves a good chuckle every now and then.
Yeah that was a good one!! :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Schumy said:
There have been so many hilarious incidents that have happened in the game,whether on the field or off it.What are yours?One I can say even though it would've been rather painful,was the John Hartson booting West Ham teammate Eyal Berkovic in the head at Training.
Although it would've killed it looked quite funny. :tongue:
This one.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Cacìni said:
That happened in a game I was playing in two years ago. Down here all the home games for the different age divisions are played on the same day - e.g. U17 at 11am, U19 at 1pm, U23 at 3pm and First Division at 5pm, so the people who go usually get there for the U17 game and watch them all. During my game we were winning 2-1, and the team we were playing (Campbelltown) needed a draw to avoid relegation. They got it with about eight odd minutes left, so their goal scorer wanted to celebrate with his team mates and the fans on the home terrace behind the goal.

It was raining that day so, as you can imagine, the fence was slippery. He lost his grip on the fence as he jumped over it, and fell face first onto the concrete terraces. He broke his jaw and seperated his shoulder :D

We won 4-2 anyway :pp

·
Registered
59,191 Posts
the one where a high aimless lob ended bouncing on top of Energie Cottbus's goalie's head. This knocked him out flat on his butt on the ground while the ball then bounced off his head into the net :howler:

another one is an own goal blasted into the net from 40 yards I saw in the French league. Don't remember the teams or players though :(

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
khimik said:
:howler: Hahahaha.

A couple of personal favourites are Traore's spectacular own goal earlier this year, that time when Hamaan blasted the ball off the goalkeeper's head, and a wonderful own goal that a Chinese player scored in a game versus the U.S.A three or four years ago. He lobbed his own goalkeeper from the centre circle, so that was funny enough, but what made it all the better was the American commentators praised Landon Donovan of the U.S. for "putting on the pressure that led to the own goal." Hilarious!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts