Xtratime Community banner

The former Barça players thread

86K views 1K replies 161 participants last post by  GICA 
#1 ·
I think this forum deserves a thread where we all can report and write about what's happening in the continiues carrers of our former heros. I'm talking about the likes of Stoitchkov in USA, Romário in Brazil, Gaudriola and De la Peña in Qatar for exampel. Could be nice and maybe it deserves to be a "sticky"?:)

#4 ·
Been wanting a start a thread like this for ages now.... congrats Robban you just beat me :) but great idea IMO

btw is Abelardo is still playing for Alaves ?

#10 ·
chapi ferrer is commentating for com radio on barcelona league games at the weekend! :) amor is the director of youth football at barcelona.

#11 ·
I think that we need to praise Riquelme too. He's only geting better and better for every match I see him. Flores seems to give him the freedom and confidence that he needs to show himself from his best side.

Arteta is another player who's become extremley important for his team, Rangers. He's been very impressive and is without a doubt among the top 5 players in the scottish league (doesn't say much really). But he's very good.

#12 ·
talking of Rangers Ronald de Boer has become the most important player for them lately as well..... hes planning to consider his future this summer when his contract runs out.... ive got a feeling him and FDB both will hang up their boots come end of 2003-04....

there used to be this French dude brought in during the time of LVG's first rein.... cant remember his name but i think he returned to some French club after one season in Barca....anyone got info on him ??

#14 ·
My old favourite, Òscar, saved Espanyol's ass last night when he came in as a substitute in the second half and scored their only goal on a powerfull freekick from longrange. This was Espanyol's first victory for the season. Jordi played the whole match.

#16 ·
Rochemback, hes having a great season for Sporting at the moment and is their best player. ive read stuff about bringing him back but hes still crap.

David Sanchez- any one know how his loan is going? maybe we could keep track of the guys out on loan aswell here

#17 ·
Report on players who are on loan? Sounds like a good idea, Maz. I haven't seen David Sanchez play this season, so I can't tell you anything about him. But I'm really intrested in watching what Nano can do in Madrid this season.

#20 ·
husain_14 said:
talking of Rangers Ronald de Boer has become the most important player for them lately as well..... hes planning to consider his future this summer when his contract runs out.... ive got a feeling him and FDB both will hang up their boots come end of 2003-04....
you have the feeling or do you read somewhere!??!?!:depress:

#21 ·
well...here are some news i want to share with all of you cos i'm really really happy about it..:D
i don't know if you knew ivan zamorano (chilean, former real madrid player) is going to have his last game on december..and he invited stoichkov to come to chile...and it seems hristo is comming here!!:proud:
you can't imagine how happy i'm because he is one of my favourite Barça players (he was my fav before my priorities changed:tongue: )of all times and having him here is something i was wishing for ever..i can stand now raul, ronaldo & beckham..i will go to that game only because of hristo:D

#22 ·
husain_14 said:
talking of Rangers Ronald de Boer has become the most important player for them lately as well..... hes planning to consider his future this summer when his contract runs out.... ive got a feeling him and FDB both will hang up their boots come end of 2003-04
de Boer important? Sure he has been good when he was not injured, but those times were few & far between. Certainly this season Arteta has been 10 times the player of de Boer, I can see why you would say he's important 2 years ago, but now? Honestly you shouldn't comment on things you don't know about.

#23 ·
I believe RDB was quite influential last season and then he had some sort of injury (????) not quite sure..... havent seen him this season at all so i guess i cant judge him on this seasons performances :rolleyes:

#24 ·
I love this thread !

Ronald Koeman is now a successful coach for AFC Ajax first team.

Rivaldo, one of most talented player in Barça history, has been spending most of his time on the bench in his current club AC Milan due to tough competition for position in team starting line-up especially against Shevchenko and Inzaghi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.