Xtratime Community banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts
After he helped us get eliminated in record time, and then left us for a better offer. Hero.
No.
You disagree? Just look at the results, especially after the Zagreb game.
I was for Drulovic or Paunovic to take over our NT because they took our youth teams to gold medals and who could be better than them in terms of integrating this generation into our senior team? In my world, winning a gold with the U19 or U20 is a greater achievement than qualifing for the U21EC or save Javor from relegation. It's not like we have a lot of good coaches that are realistic options to take over the NT.
Curcic was more familiar with the U21s as well as many of the senior NT players considering how he was the caretaker for a few games.

Drulovic's U19 EC team consists of a few players from Paunovic's U20 WC team, but besides SMS and Zivkovic - do you really believe many of the others deserve a call-up? You don't even want guys like Andrija Lukovic playing for the U21s. :howler:
At the time Miha took over I was positive about him, and I still believe he has some good coaching characteristics - like motivating, and tactical knowledge. However as our NT-manager he did some unreal player decisions which resulted in that were practically our after 4 games in the Campaign. That made me and a lot of others on here to lose our faith in him.
Right, but when looks at how he finished the campaign and puts everything in perspective, one should be able to be a bit more objective and in that sense, more supportive of Miha and his work.

Many of you suggested that he wouldn't be able to find a job, yet he was successful at Sampdoria and is now at one of the biggest clubs in the world in Milan.

Awesome, Dule. Seems you'll fvck anything with a pulse for a moment's glory. Believe it, there's plenty to learn in MLS especially conditioning and psych outside of Europe.

Veljko is only 38 years old.
:thumbsup:

Well said.

The MLS isn't a particularly good league in terms of individual and collective quality but it's making strides. The level is often very irregular during games where you'll see one great play mixed with three bad plays or a short span of good plays mixed with 15 minutes of horrendous football. It's obvious to me at least that he's going there to continue his education as a coach, especially since the Americans are very good in the two fields that you mention. Paunović is a mix of Serbian, Spanish, Dutch and American football as a coach while Antić is an important advisor to him.

It's also obvious to me that he doesn't want to take a job where he could get fired after six months or less because he usually needs a bit of time to work with his new team. He's had offers from Almería (in crisis), Getafe (problems every transfer window) and Panathinaikos (notorious for kicking their coaches left, right and centre) so far but turned them down because he wants a serious job where he can implement his philosophy and continue his education. It'll be interesting to follow him.

Chicago Fire is a part of an alliance of clubs and it wouldn't surprise me if he was given the chance through Atlético who're very involved in that group.

Hardly I just don't think he'll learn anything over there that he wouldn't in Europe.

And I'm sorry but pressure is a massive part of being a manager. It's something he needs to learn to deal with. Shying away from it in a retirement home with a close league system won't help.

I see no reason why he couldn't have find a job at a smaller club in the Netherlands, Belgium, Spanish Segunda or somewhere like that, even the Championship would have been more beneficial.

A major issue with this current crop of players that we have is that they've never had to deal with the pressure or become leaders where they've played. They then play for Srbija and essentially shit the bed because there are no strong characters there.

We don't need coaches doing the same thing. Unfortunately they all prefer to go for the quick pay day.

At no point am I suggesting that Paunovic should have stayed in Serbian football by the way by the way.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.